Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the clarification, it reminded me of the Hans 123 system that achieved some popularity a while back, although that was 6-9 breakout. I wonder if anyone still trades that blast from the past lol

Monday morning update

I now have a bullish bias on Cable after the daily pin and IB at support. I might try the classic "6 - 8am breakout strategy" to get long on this one or consider the hourly PA for entry precision.

Cable is up 226 pips on the daily IB entry.

Cad/Jpy has set up beautifully so I will almost certainly be looking to get long on that.

Cad/Jpy is up 85 pips on the daily pin entry.

Usd/Cad looks too good to be true. I'm tempted to take it but can imagine seeing a pin (to go long) on the Monday close (e.g. price collapses to the nearest level and TL and then is bought back up aggressively).

Usd/Cad is up 110 pips on the daily pin entry.

I am already long Oil which is at a BIG, BIG. BIG level. No setup here but I still feel we'll move higher. I mainly bought it because I saw an advert on IG INDEX's home page saying something along the lines of "if you are thinking of selling oil, get trading"...you know the deal...when you see things like this...the bottom is in or very near. I'm long from $42.85 - if we move down through $40, I'll average some more for the coming rally. Don't trade like this. I can do it because I have a lot of reputation points but on the whole, it is not clever. ;)

Oil is up 159 ticks on the open.

Also check out the Bunds. Huge monthly double top was faked out. Hourly has formed a head and shoulders and the path is now set for downwards movement. I have a very bearish bias on these. Although I usually make money on them I am mostly wrong on the trend though - keep that in mind. We might be just pausing for breath before we blow through that top. At any rate, I am short until price says otherwise.

Bunds are down 95 on the open. :) (+95 if you're short like me)

P.S Jesus just told me that there is going to be a rally in the S&P500 tomorrow.

The S&P has gone through the roof. Thank you, Lord!!

P.S. The psychic hotline will report again later.

TD,

What was Jesus reasoning about the S&P rally? :)

I can see the rest, but this is a bit of mystery to me:)

Thanks,

Viktor

Attachments

• bowdown.gif
    bowdown.gif
    265 bytes · Views: 615
I went long on FTSE 100 according to a pinbar formed in a trendline and S&R line plus fib confluence this morning at 4231. Now it has been locked in profit and let it ride:)

T_D, could you pm me he's direct number? I only get to speak to the boss through the local priest.... He doesn't know trading well enough to pass on the messages :D

nice trading

Forex trading tips

In this forum the main zeal is to discuss about the forex trading tips and tricks to gain the profits.And in this forum potential setups for forex trading will make gain to earn profits.The most information is to trade the forex in a perfect way...

Excellent calls

Hi TD

Wow, what a bunch of set ups all at the same time. Fantastic, well done & thanks for the initial results show.
That's Mrs TD's christmas presents paid for then.

Let us all know when you see the 'beer run' set ups materialise

Paul

Pin oin EURAUD from a newb

Hi all,

I am a complete newb (lost £300 "gambling" on indices and Forex with IG) and have been reading the Dante "Making Money" thread and the J16 thread with interest. Have not made my way through them yet but decided to practice some of the techniques in realtime with a demo account using Metatrader 4.

I found this setup on the EURAUD daily last night and I don't know if it interests anyone.

The pin on 8/12/08 daily hits a daily S/R pivot (solid red line) and there is confluence with a 38 fib line (not shown). I noticed the pin head was quite large but decided to go wiith it due to the confluence with the s/r pivot and the 38 fib. I went for £100 a pip (I think, volume was a 100 anyway:cheesy:) The red dotted line is my stop (1.9242) and the green dotted line is my entry (1.9491).

Profit is currently 70k+. All a demo account though but just thought people would be interested and wondered if I had misread anything and if not then maybe others would have some use of it.

Cheers

Martyn

Attachments

• euraud.gif
    euraud.gif
    40.7 KB · Views: 209
Hi all,

I am a complete newb (lost £300 "gambling" on indices and Forex with IG) and have been reading the Dante "Making Money" thread and the J16 thread with interest. Have not made my way through them yet but decided to practice some of the techniques in realtime with a demo account using Metatrader 4.

I found this setup on the EURAUD daily last night and I don't know if it interests anyone.

The pin on 8/12/08 daily hits a daily S/R pivot (solid red line) and there is confluence with a 38 fib line (not shown). I noticed the pin head was quite large but decided to go wiith it due to the confluence with the s/r pivot and the 38 fib. I went for £100 a pip (I think, volume was a 100 anyway:cheesy:) The red dotted line is my stop (1.9242) and the green dotted line is my entry (1.9491).

Profit is currently 70k+. All a demo account though but just thought people would be interested and wondered if I had misread anything and if not then maybe others would have some use of it.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for posting. Best advice I can give is to read everything very carefully and several times over.

Whatever size you trade at, make sure it is calculated consistently using clear risk management procedures or you will not get accurate results.

Also, read up on the entries. You are already long and the pin bar hasn't triggered. Orders to go long are placed above the pin high and not on the next candle open which seems to be what you have done. You should not be in this according to the rules I have outlined.

The pin head is big and not within the previous bar which means I would have passed on this.

Tom

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for posting. Best advice I can give is to read everything very carefully and several times over.

Whatever size you trade at, make sure it is calculated consistently using clear risk management procedures or you will not get accurate results.

Also, read up on the entries. You are already long and the pin bar hasn't triggered. Orders to go long are placed above the pin high and not on the next candle open which seems to be what you have done. You should not be in this according to the rules I have outlined.

The pin head is big and not within the previous bar which means I would have passed on this.

Tom

Tom,

Appreciate the time you have taken to respond.

I realise now where I went wrong and it was for this very reason that I am on a demo account and not using real money. I find I learn better by actually doing the activity and so thats why I have done this. i am still reading through the wealth of information around and its quite daunting.

Anyway, I will leave it there and let the rest of you talk about actual setups instead of pretend ones:LOL:

If you want to see the best setup I have ever seen, go check out the US 10 Year Treasury note on the 1hr. I can't show a chart whilst at work.

Cannot believe how beautiful this is.

chart

If you want to see the best setup I have ever seen, go check out the US 10 Year Treasury note on the 1hr. I can't show a chart whilst at work.

here you go,,,,,,,,,,,,.

Attachments

• 10yr.gif
    10yr.gif
    31.4 KB · Views: 235
Save any confusion, I think this is the trade he's talking about.

Attachments

• 10yr#9.PNG
    10yr#9.PNG
    35.2 KB · Views: 241

It is a pretty sight. Its amazing the difference between that and the one I picked up. I won't make that mistake again!:LOL:

How on earth do you find the time to cover so many markets on so many timeframes? You must be glued to your screen all the time. Good stuff though.

BTW, thanks for all the work you have put in helping people like me over the past 3 years. Looks like you have spent 000's of hours here helping people. It's commendable.

Martyn

Status
Not open for further replies.