Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
-533k with -199k revisions and 6.7% un-emp rate (+0.2%) biggest mthly drop in 34yrs and highest un-emp rate for 19yrs apparently!!...certainly enough to sell $ which was initial overall reaction to a 4684 hi...it's anyones guess, lol

well i just did something criminal, saw +130 pips to just +25 on that cable trade, greedy fat kid with 3 blueberry pies.

You win some and you lose some.

But if you take the setups (pins at s/r) and let your profits run...you're going to make money consistently.

These two trades would have paid for handfuls of losers.

Attachments

• dow.gif
    dow.gif
    23 KB · Views: 280
  • euro.gif
    euro.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 244
This USD/CAD looks too good to be true.

And we all know, when something looks too good to be true...it usually is.

Be cautious here.

Attachments

• usd_cad.gif
    usd_cad.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 247
I got one entry in the cad early, cut it since it was heading higher. Had to go out so stuck on a short at 13015 limit order, i was 3-4 pips from being filled hehe. Ah that annoys me.

Dante, maybe bounce off daily trendline up before a retest? Next week will be fun :)

You win some and you lose some.

But if you take the setups (pins at s/r) and let your profits run...you're going to make money consistently.

These two trades would have paid for handfuls of losers.

Did you take that eur/usd trade TD? I was quite bearish so passed on it, although having seen the daily chart i guess it was setting up for a move higher.

Gbpusd 4hr looks interesting. Price has formed a pin at friday close at the previous swing lo (=supp) zone coinciding with the 76.4% fib retrace of the 5068-4465 swing.

Price has made a Lower high there (LH circled inwhite) and the pinbar has formed but beware of the HL @ 4516 (circled in white.) that resulted from a previous LH challenge on the zone. This lessens the probability of a with trend follow thru to new lows?

Of course anything can happen.

G/L

kdslet.gif

I now have a bullish bias on Cable after the daily pin and IB at support. I might try the classic "6 - 8am breakout strategy" to get long on this one or consider the hourly PA for entry precision.

Cad/Jpy has set up beautifully so I will almost certainly be looking to get long on that.

Usd/Cad looks too good to be true. I'm tempted to take it but can imagine seeing a pin (to go long) on the Monday close (e.g. price collapses to the nearest level and TL and then is bought back up aggressively).

I am already long Oil which is at a BIG, BIG. BIG level. No setup here but I still feel we'll move higher. I mainly bought it because I saw an advert on IG INDEX's home page saying something along the lines of "if you are thinking of selling oil, get trading"...you know the deal...when you see things like this...the bottom is in or very near. I'm long from $42.85 - if we move down through $40, I'll average some more for the coming rally. Don't trade like this. I can do it because I have a lot of reputation points but on the whole, it is not clever. ;)

Also check out the Bunds. Huge monthly double top was faked out. Hourly has formed a head and shoulders and the path is now set for downwards movement. I have a very bearish bias on these. Although I usually make money on them I am mostly wrong on the trend though - keep that in mind. We might be just pausing for breath before we blow through that top. At any rate, I am short until price says otherwise.

P.S Jesus just told me that there is going to be a rally in the S&P500 tomorrow.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi TD, could you just clarify what the 6-8 am breakout strategy is?

I also share your reservation on USDCAD and going against the trend, a long entry signal come Monday close would be nice though :D

Many thanks

I now have a bullish bias on Cable after the daily pin and IB at support. I might try the classic "6 - 8am breakout strategy" to get long on this one or consider the hourly PA for entry precision.

Cad/Jpy has set up beautifully so I will almost certainly be looking to get long on that.

Usd/Cad looks too good to be true. I'm tempted to take it but can imagine seeing a pin (to go long) on the Monday close (e.g. price collapses to the nearest level and TL and then is bought back up aggressively).

I am already long Oil which is at a BIG, BIG. BIG level. No setup here but I still feel we'll move higher. I mainly bought it because I saw an advert on IG INDEX's home page saying something along the lines of "if you are thinking of selling oil, get trading"...you know the deal...when you see things like this...the bottom is in or very near. I'm long from $42.85 - if we move down through $40, I'll average some more for the coming rally. Don't trade like this. I can do it because I have a lot of reputation points but on the whole, it is not clever. ;)

Also check out the Bunds. Huge monthly double top was faked out. Hourly has formed a head and shoulders and the path is now set for downwards movement. I have a very bearish bias on these. Although I usually make money on them I am mostly wrong on the trend though - keep that in mind. We might be just pausing for breath before we blow through that top. At any rate, I am short until price says otherwise.

P.S Jesus just told me that there is going to be a rally in the S&P500 tomorrow.

Thank you.

Hi TD, could you just clarify what the 6-8 am breakout strategy is?

I also share your reservation on USDCAD and going against the trend, a long entry signal come Monday close would be nice though :D

Many thanks

You take the range between 6am and 8am in the morning and you draw a horizontal line at the HIGH and one at the LOW. You then buy or sell the break. In this case I would be buying. I don't advocate you try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.