Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice spurs, chart is usdcad not gbpcad though (?) not sure if you meant usdcad and put wrong name, or meant gbpcad and put wrong chart :LOL: ... either way usdcad good for a short for me. Near your pivot at 1.2424 is also round number 1.24 I find these to be good. Nice spotting (y)

I know this is a lower timeframe etc etc... but I didnt like the look of it so got out fora small loss.

edit: should have stayed in, lol

Attachments

• usdcad.gif
    usdcad.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
This was one of only TWO trades I did this whole week.

Failed breakout of both resistance and a flag results in an inside bar/candle with the close back inside both.

Remember: patience can pay.

Attachments

• Bunds.JPG
    Bunds.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 322

Failed breakout of both resistance and a flag results in an inside bar/candle with the close back inside both.

Nice trade - must be amusing for you taking two trades per week on a trading floor full of scalpers! Do the bosses mind, or is it all good provided you're making money?

T2W external database for images (including avatars) are down atm, or at least I think that's the problem.

Happened before, will probably happen again :(.

Hi TD,

After a long time study, I got into LIVE trade with confidence, first trade on midnite. Entry based on Triangle breakout 1.2760 and waited for retrace and got into ride on EURUSD, stoploss 1 pip below 1.2730 as its one of support area and took profit of 57pips and closed the trade as it was one of fib area it hit, dont want to wait with the trade open when going to bed. (Rather can have good sleep atleast if closed:)). I have attached chart, if you get a chance please let me know your view boss.

As you quoted, Patience paid as i waited for retrace and start climbing up.

Fxbee

Attachments

• EURUSD4 03-Nov-2008.jpg
    EURUSD4 03-Nov-2008.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I'm watching the Soybeans very carefully right about now...

Attachments

• soy.gif
    soy.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 266
Update from the JPY chart I posted a week or so ago. Broken the up sloping trend line here and already made a good move down (I missed it).

It would have been a difficult trade as it did make 1 higher high after breaking the TL before dropping.

Attachments

• jpy.gif
    jpy.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 197
USDJPY (Brainstorm)

Update from the JPY chart I posted a week or so ago. Broken the up sloping trend line here and already made a good move down (I missed it).

It would have been a difficult trade as it did make 1 higher high after breaking the TL before dropping.

Hi Brainstorm

That's a really clear chart you have posted there, no clutter - nice.

I think you could have traded this one as your stop loss (I would guess) when entering on the break would have been @ or just above the previous high (just above your purple dashed line). Possibly painful for a few hours, but the support trendline had nicely become resistance.You could have got out straight away (at your lower purple dashed line) which whilst not the best risk reward, was first resistance (target) I would have thought?

Thanks for the post
good trading
Paul

eurgbp failing to get over 0.82 again today, 3rd time. Pin on half hour chart and outside bar on 4hr probably... 4hr not finished yet.

You know it...

I think you have missed your vocation...... YOU ACTUALLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN A SNIPER!!!

If the markets had feelings, they would load their pants knowing that you had the cross hairs on them.....

I wouldnt be surprised if you wore camo gear and instead of a mouse, had a gun ready to shoot the screen........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.