Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Paul,
Should have stuck with it hey! It was approaching the 1.900 level so the risk was becoming too much so I thought I'd bang out. A positive break below that level would be interesting though!
Some you win...and others you get out too early from :(

TD
My NF feed is not showing the Oil pins at $92? Is that the same feed you are using?
Grim

I would say so!
Spot FX USD_CHF (22-SEP-08).png

GBPJPY (4 hourly)

All

Is this a "winding-up" pattern about to burst?
(Didn't some-one notice something similar last week with Gold?)

Spot FX GBP_JPY (22-SEP-08).png

btw Spurs, I think my posts got in your way. Are you referring to the oil pins last week?

Paul

I like Wal-Mart. Nice Pin off a good trend-line on the 4 hour.

Attachments

• Wal-Mart Stores Inc 2 (22-SEP-08).png
    Wal-Mart Stores Inc 2 (22-SEP-08).png
    13.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Wal-Mart Stores Inc (22-SEP-08).png
    Wal-Mart Stores Inc (22-SEP-08).png
    18 KB · Views: 143
Pursuant to the trade TD made over in his journal, I am highlighting the price action of Soybeans.

** before you all atart giving me grief, I'm not taking any credit for this at all. This is the first time i've looked at a soy chart this year**

anyway, i mention it to highlight some chart patterns that dont get much mention; namely Diamond patterns and broadening megaphones (pretty self explanatory).

Not sure the pattern I've drawn here counts as either, strictly speaking, looks more like a good old fashioned pentagon rather than anything else. Still, the point is this; TD got stopped out from an IB setup; the whole PA is interesting here, from the dailies (both inside and outside bars), the 240min pattern shown, and the hourlies too.

FWIW, if I was going to trade this (which I'm not, not my market), I would be looking for a long on abreak @ retest - or a test of R2S if it trades straight through - of the pivot in at 1150 ish.

All credit goes to TD for spotting it, and my disclaimer is that I'm not calling a trade; rather a "potential potential setups".

p.s. if you are really interested, look up something called "harmonic" patterns,like ABC or Gartley, which I think this may be, though I can't test it for sure. Also, think about Cup and Handle or crown patterns. NOTE, i dont use any of these at all, they are just educated guesses.

the point is, there is lots going on here.

Anybody catch any of this?

IMO now the time to start managing the trade, however you like to do it - take some off the table, move stop, introduce trailing stop etc...- looks like we've got a bearish piercing pattern forming.

attachment.php

attachment.php

One final thought; in cases like this, where price breaks through resistance first time, instead of waiting for a full retrace to test R2S, in some cases it is a good idea to put half the position on as soon as - in your opinion - it breaks. It is v. frustrating to watch a trade you have been preparing for to go racing away without you.

Attachments

• Soy2_T2W.PNG
    Soy2_T2W.PNG
    49.3 KB · Views: 639
  • Soy3.PNG
    Soy3.PNG
    49.8 KB · Views: 574
Yep!!

Perhaps you are missing data...there is definetly a pin there right at the low of the move...as there is on my other charting software CQG too!

Odd, I still don't have them? My 1hr chart has two bars that would form a 2hr pin at the level you say. I must be missing some data. I'll try the other chart provider.
Cheers TD hope you are on board. Massive rise today up at $111 PB as we speak!

Last edited:
Fairly self-explanatory.

Attachments

• My_view_on_a_market_I_know_zero_about.PNG
    My_view_on_a_market_I_know_zero_about.PNG
    59.5 KB · Views: 218
Hi,

Is this a good pin? The fibs are from the high in Jul to low few days ago.

Please comment!

Thank You
cad_jpy.gif

1hr pin forming on Oil with SR and Fib confluence.

But after fouling up that USDCHF trade today I would really take what I say with a large pinch of salt! :)

PS, not that I'd take it. Just an alert for those of you who may be long!

Last edited:
DOW Daily Pin Forming, wait for the close tonight.

Trigger to go Short is 11120
Stop is 11391

If you get Stopped out its 271 points
If thats 1 or 2% of your account size then you can go short if you like the setup.
What the worse that can happen? You lose 1 or 2% of your account !!

If it keeps going down near or past 10468 then...hold on to your shorts...

Attachments

• DOW Daily Pin Short Possible.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Is anyone short oil from the 1hr pin last night?

What's the best way of staying in a move? Is there an indicator that you can use to judge the strength of a move as my biggest issue at the moment is sticking with a strong move when it's underway. The temptation to pull the trade at the first sight of trouble is strong. I had been using the Waddah Attah Explosion but I don't find it strong enough? (enclosed)

CAD JPY - Just me but I'm thinking short JPY based on the monthly pin building on GBPYEN currently. Couple of wkly pins on USDJPY too, so I won't join you on the CADJPY short guys.

Attachments

• #1Wadda Attach Explosion.ex4
    8.5 KB · Views: 234
  • #1Wadda Attach Explosion.mq4
    7.9 KB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.