Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldn,t take the UJ pin because you would be buying into the very strong s/r line above at 105.60ish on your chart

well i got that wrong but its not to late.

Attachments

• uj.gif
    uj.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 219
  • au.gif
    au.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 198
  • uc.gif
    uc.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 202
well i got that wrong but its not to late.

hmmm, nice work super, i particularly like the aud/usd setup, but at the same time wouldnt be suprised if it didnt trigger in the first place.

my problem now in that usd/yen trade is do i role it into the weekly (possibly loosening my stop loss) or stick to the plan. dont think i can do both.

hmmm, nice work super, i particularly like the aud/usd setup, but at the same time wouldnt be suprised if it didnt trigger in the first place.

my problem now in that usd/yen trade is do i role it into the weekly (possibly loosening my stop loss) or stick to the plan. dont think i can do both.

What's your reason for upping the time frame? I would assume you would have the same amount of success if you play the daily correctly. You can keep a tighter stop loss, and you can add to your position during minor corrections on its way up.

There looks to be another pivot zone in the 108.60 area, do you think that may cause trouble before it can rise more?

Sorry to be off topic - but I have a question regarding forex broker and would appreciate answers
from people who are doing live trades. I'm looking to open a live account and was wondering
which broker should I go with. IB is expensive for me at the moment since its asking 5K deposit.
I'm looking to start live with 3K account (max) - or should I just stick with the SB guys? (which one in that case as well!). Common requirements are: low spread/comm. and good charts.

Sorry to be off topic - but I have a question regarding forex broker and would appreciate answers
from people who are doing live trades. I'm looking to open a live account and was wondering
which broker should I go with. IB is expensive for me at the moment since its asking 5K deposit.
I'm looking to start live with 3K account (max) - or should I just stick with the SB guys? (which one in that case as well!). Common requirements are: low spread/comm. and good charts.

There is an entire forum dedicated to forex brokers:

Forex Brokers - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

High probability turning points in Crude Oil (daily TF).

Attachments

• crude.gif
    crude.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 323
High probability turning points in Euro/Usd (daily TF).

Attachments

• euro.gif
    euro.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 266
High probability turning points in Usd/Jpy (daily TF).

Attachments

• usd-jpy.gif
    usd-jpy.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 269
Good job TD. I checked this against my charts and I must say most of my lines were pretty close to what you have so your teachings have/are rubbing off on me. Things really do look a lot easier when the charts are kept simple

TD,
I have read about your method of trading in the other thread. Thank you. I am new to trading and your thoughts and analysis has been interesting. I have an account with cmcmarkets. I went through all of the US stocks, indices, major currency pairs and some UK stocks, all on the daily time frame. Out of all of them I managed to find only 13 charts with the pin bar as you described and on support/resistance lines. Please look at the following charts and see if I'm on the right track. Other traders are also welcome to comment. Many thanks.

Regards

Last edited:
Amazon.

Here is chart of amazon. The tail of the pin is touching a s/r line. Its also inside the 2 ma's heading down. I enter as you described with stop loss just above the s/r line and tp is around 63.

Attachments

• amazon.jpg
    amazon.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 177
verisign

enter at break of the trendline and pin bar. pin bar is touching s/r and heading down with trend. tp, 31.65, so R/R is 1/1

Attachments

• verisign.JPG
    verisign.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 174
spx500

pin bar formed thursday, but not yet activated. pin bar is touching s/r line. tp 1200, R/R is about 1:1

Attachments

• spx500.JPG
    spx500.JPG
    463.5 KB · Views: 161
petsmart

pin bar at around fib 50. tp 18.73, which is about R:R=1:3

Attachments

• petsmart.JPG
    petsmart.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 143
nisource

the head of pin bar is at support near fib 0%. Im not sure whether to trade this pin bar..???

Attachments

• nisource.JPG
    nisource.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.