Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
long usd/yen off 1 hour pin.cant post chart. in work. looks like an s/r pivot to me.

Last edited:
Might be my charts, but that pin doesn't look like a classic to me...? Body to full...??? Anyone else like to comment...?
sucker that i am,would like to say that your right BUT the pin is at a monthly pivot and bounces off the daily pivot price so could go further but 4 hour pin means long??
but agree it is a dogy time to be entering a trade:sneaky:

be careful going long UJ in this area

Attachments

• uj1.gif
    uj1.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 263
GBPUSD Short

Anybody looking at this Pin on 4H (12h00 to 16h00 UK time)

I see confluence with S/R from the 4H chart and also 38.2% fib from the highs at 19850 to the low at 19410.

Attachments

• GBPUSD_4H.JPG
    GBPUSD_4H.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 270
Guys I have got out of the Daily USDCAD pin now for a small loss. Looking at the daily chart it just doesn't look like a winning setup anymore. The 4H is shaping up for a long now.

Anybody looking at this Pin on 4H (12h00 to 16h00 UK time)

I see confluence with S/R from the 4H chart and also 38.2% fib from the highs at 19850 to the low at 19410.

I'm seeing a bit of support around 19613 - any thoughts on this?

I moved my stop down a bit, to above todays high on usdcad because today and Fridays highs are two pips within each other and at 1.0300

Gold & silver have rallied off some decent looking levels today and end of Friday, might be a good sign?

I also think today and Friday could be seen as a double bar pin, wouldnt use it for an entry but its from the same area as the first pin showing it doesnt want to be up there twice.

Moved stop on g/j to break even.

No pin on my cable charts but good luck with it spurs & ljr :clover:

I'm seeing a bit of support around 19613 - any thoughts on this?

That's exactly my thoughts on this one - the last daily bar was very bullish and selling now would be straight into that support. Waiting this one out.

That's exactly my thoughts on this one - the last daily bar was very bullish and selling now would be straight into that support. Waiting this one out.

I placed my entry below the support level, more comfortable with that. Looks like if I had gone with the break of the pin I would have been stopped out.

If it breaks through that support I reckon there will be a bit of profitability in this one.

Last edited:
I placed my entry below the support level, more comfortable with that. Looks like if I had gone with the break of the pin I would have been stopped out.

If it breaks through that support I reckon there will be a bit of profitability in this one.

By 01h00 the Pin had not triggered so I pulled my order. Didn't want it to trigger during the night when I was not watching and it had taken too long too trigger for my liking. I see it would have triggered shortly afterwards and then I would have been stopped out.

I have now added to my 'rules' to delete an order if it is not triggered on the next bar. This may be a bit strict for the hourly time frame but I am trying to concentrate on 4H and Daily for now.

What do you guys do if a Pin does not trigger on the next bar? How long do you leave it? Do you think this should vary according to time frame. E.g. Daily - 1 bar, 4H - 2 bar, 1H - 3 bars???

e/u pin on hourly on good support and a nice ema cross.pin bounced off the 50 ema to the pip

Hourly pin on Uk Crude, off confluence of pivot and 38% fib level. Just filled hourly gap down (on my charts anyway). Also like small risk (50 pips) as R:R could obviously be very nice with recent movements.

Anyone else on this?

Arf

Inside bar under daily res. level on usdjpy hourly. Ive done it half size.

ps: omni you still in g/j or did you manage to get out? still in myself (I think) expecting to not be soon though :LOL:

Attachments

• usdjpy_h1.gif
    usdjpy_h1.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 180
Status
Not open for further replies.