Attachments

• EUR_NZD Spot.png
    EUR_NZD Spot.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 180
  • EUR_NZD 1 Spot.png
    EUR_NZD 1 Spot.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 182
hey guys,
cant put a graph up from here but check out eurcad.
........ weekly, daily timeframes

OK, I'm back from my two week holiday. Feels like I've been away a whole lot longer. Coming from one of the most beautiful cities in the world - Venice, Italy, where its incidentally over 40 degrees and landing at Gatwick Airport where it's cold, windy and grey...Theres going to be a little readjustment for me. And talking of change, wtf is the Pound doing down here? Hope you guys are all well and managed to get involved in these moves. If you were on the wrong side of them or on the sidelines and didn't take part at all - don't kick yourself...just watching them take place will have been a valuable lesson in how the market readjusts - how the balance between buying and selling changes and how quickly it can happen.

So, to all of you - keep a close eye on the price action. Study the plays you make - do more of what works and less of what doesn't. And let's see what Monday brings :)

P.S: A big thank you to Omni for updating me faithfully every day via text on the market movers. It is very much appreciated! (just not by my girlfriend - haha!)

It was the least I could do dude (y)

hey guys,
cant put a graph up from here but check out eurcad.
........ weekly, daily timeframes

i reckon it might come off a bit,but it is running right at my pivot,not for me

Attachments

• EUR_CAD Spot.png
    EUR_CAD Spot.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 176
Hey all,
I've been following/learning td's techniques (pin bars etc.) for a while, and I've been wondering about the 1 hour time frame that he suggests using:
The problem I find with the 1 hour time frame is that a pin bar you see (this is just an example) between 12:00 and 13:00 might not be visible between 12:30 and 13:30. Using this same logic, when looking for pin bars we aren't actually seeing them all. (there might be a pin bar between 12:30 and 13:30 that we can't see)
I am guessing a similar question has already been asked, however I haven't been able to find it!
Let me know what you guys think about it,
Augusto

when viewing a 1 hr chart it is all noise,if you trade off 4hr or dailies,same as 5 min pins if you trade 1 hr charts,btw welcome.

Hey all,
I've been following/learning td's techniques (pin bars etc.) for a while, and I've been wondering about the 1 hour time frame that he suggests using:
The problem I find with the 1 hour time frame is that a pin bar you see (this is just an example) between 12:00 and 13:00 might not be visible between 12:30 and 13:30. Using this same logic, when looking for pin bars we aren't actually seeing them all. (there might be a pin bar between 12:30 and 13:30 that we can't see)
I am guessing a similar question has already been asked, however I haven't been able to find it!
Augusto

I think I understand what you are saying. You could have 2 bars next to each other and neither looks like a Pin but if you combine them together so they overlap ( your 12h30 to 13h30 example ) then it will look like a pin.

You can do this but I think if you are starting out just go with what you see on the particular charts you are using. Yes you will miss some trades but its best to master this technique before trying to 'make' pins. Once you get more experienced then you can start looking at how the price action looks to decide what trades to take.

By the way the problem is even worse on higher timeframes as a 4 hour Pin bar on my charts could be for example from 12h00 to 16h00 but somebody elses 4 Hour may start at 13h00 untill 17h00 if they are in a different time zone and won't show a Pin bar.

In short go with what you see on your charts.

Hope this helps.

A trade I am in long at the moment.

It may give other opportunities to get onboard. Look for price action at higher levels or pullbacks.

Hey td, I also have another question about this old post of yours (pg.72)
When did you get out of this trade?
Thanks,
Augusto

Hey all,
Augusto

logical q. ,blending candles is possible to make sense of price on a time frame not included in your package or in a different time zone and can be advantageous. there is even indicators for this on mt4,custom candles etc(pm me if you want them).BUT i would agree with ljr that to keep it simple is usually the best option,but again its worth bearing in mind how price could be represented with different candle open/close times to help give a fuller picture(y)

I find it amusing that an "investment" trust has been trending down...

Attachments

• Electric and General Inv Tst (08-AUG-08).png
    Electric and General Inv Tst (08-AUG-08).png
    29.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Smith & Nephew Plc (08-AUG-08).png
    Smith & Nephew Plc (08-AUG-08).png
    33.6 KB · Views: 173
I passed!!!

Just finished TD's original thread!!! I feel like i have just qualified:D
Hope to have some time to make a (useful) contribution here.

Let the learning begin.

funny old day today - didn't really see anything worth a mention - anyone else?

Is it just me or is anyone else seeing 4hour pins forming all over the place:
EURUSD (bullish - in feb08 and Nov07 resistance area)
GBPUSD (bullish - in Nov07 resistance area)
EURCHF (bullish - also on daily)
USDCAD (bearish - in July / Aug07 resistance area)
Could this be the beginning of a reaction/snapback to the moves over the last few days?

Just finished TD's original thread!!! I feel like i have just qualified:D
Hope to have some time to make a (useful) contribution here.

Let the learning begin.

funny old day today - didn't really see anything worth a mention - anyone else?

I took 50 ticks (£304) out of the Euro from a 1hr pin this morning.

I took 50 ticks (£304) out of the Euro from a 1hr pin this morning.

+70 pips so far from the Usd/Chf on a 4h pin this morning :D

attachment.php

Watching for a few breakouts on Eur/Gbp, Nzd/Usd and I have my targets on the current PA of Gbp/Usd.

Attachments

• usdchf8-11.gif
    usdchf8-11.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 658
lewtz,

How do you get the image to show up like that in the thread? It used to do that but stopped ages ago.

Is it just me or is anyone else seeing 4hour pins forming all over the place:
EURUSD (bullish - in feb08 and Nov07 resistance area)
GBPUSD (bullish - in Nov07 resistance area)
EURCHF (bullish - also on daily)
USDCAD (bearish - in July / Aug07 resistance area)
Could this be the beginning of a reaction/snapback to the moves over the last few days?

I see them too, but you should check out the daily time frames as well - pinbars in the opposite direction.

Eurgbp

Pin bar testing former support from opposite side following breakout?

Attachments

• eurgbp.gif
    eurgbp.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 161
lewtz,

How do you get the image to show up like that in the thread? It used to do that but stopped ages ago.

After adding the charts you want in attachments, you can simply put the URL they are located at inside of image tags.

Example:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=38585&stc=1&d=1218509435[./IMG] <-- Remove the period for it to look like this:

[IMG]http://www.trade2win.com/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=38585&stc=1&d=1218509435

Piece of advice: If you are saving your charts in MT4, save the active chart as 600x400 and it will fit perfectly without screwing up the forum tables. When the tables are broken it makes reading posts and pain in the neck.

Attachments

• nzdusd8-11.gif
    nzdusd8-11.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 660
Status
Not open for further replies.