Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me get this straight:
down as in 'back to the March lows'?

No, I don't really think it's going back down there.

Although, to be honest, nothing would surprise me.

I always think it's a good idea to imagine every scenario because the worst state of mind you want to get into, in my opinion, is the one where you think "well, that's never going to happen..."

Gold hourly!

Apologies for replying after the event ;-)

I did take a look at this, and the only thing I was wary about was that the nose itself wasn't very long and occured within a couple of minutes. Sure enough it was tested again and would have taken out most stops had you bet the pin.

So, does anyone make a distinction between an hourly nose occuring within a couple of mins, or as a result of decent volume rise and fall over half an hour say. Or should we not be looking at our minute charts... ;-)

I always think it's a good idea to imagine every scenario because the worst state of mind you want to get into, in my opinion, is the one where you think "well, that's never going to happen..."

Sounds a lot like something I once said to someone who told me he traded with 100% conviction ;)

No, I don't really think it's going back down there.

Although, to be honest, nothing would surprise me.

It would surprise me if we don't go back there. I don't see any credible green shoots, and plenty of pent up lagging unemployment.

As Roubini has said "The stock market has predicted six out of the last zero recoveries" ;-)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Of course you're right.

The trend is up on your chart :)

I'm almost tempted to go long.

Bit late in the trend, but with a tight stop you'll risk little and odds are in your favour that you'll have a profit in no time :)

This is ig advanced tick chart, reply to this if you just got it.

On 5min to - ofcourse it didn't trade here, It just fucekd up my chart so i cant scalp it.

Luckily they have 2 charting packages...

Attachments

• gayyay.jpg
    gayyay.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 217
Sounds a lot like something I once said to someone who told me he traded with 100% conviction ;)

True.

I think that when I am on the sidelines I try to imagine that anything can happen but once I am in a trade, I put my stop in and although I know anything can happen, it is very important that I have 100% conviction otherwise the market will scare me out.

True.

I think that when I am on the sidelines I try to imagine that anything can happen but once I am in a trade, I put my stop in and although I know anything can happen, it is very important that I have 100% conviction otherwise the market will scare me out.

I guess we all need to re-wire our brains to a certain extent. But after I entered I usually have less conviction than before and sometimes start doubting myself if the market does not do what I expect it to do. Instead of scaring you out of a position, it can also help you in re-evaluating your position more neutrally, otherwise you're probably just looking for points of confirmation.

But about this market: whatever happens, I know you won't lose sleep or money over it :)

PS: with FOMC later in the day it might be sluggish until then, but those new weekly highs are coming, if not today, soon!

This is ig advanced tick chart, reply to this if you just got it.

On 5min to - ofcourse it didn't trade here, It just fucekd up my chart so i cant scalp it.

Luckily they have 2 charting packages...
Looks like IG is predicting where the euro will go

Status
Not open for further replies.