Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone watches them but NZDUSD is at an interesting level now, and NZDJPY is on the way to one.....

Kiwi pairs.jpg

Last edited:
Bund

Hey Tom,
You staring at the Bunds on hourly? I know now why you like them for price action!!

Gizmo,
looks like you got a nice ride on them this morning, you still in?

Later,

Chris

Attachments

• Bund.gif
    Bund.gif
    62.8 KB · Views: 194
Hey Tom,
You staring at the Bunds on hourly? I know now why you like them for price action!!

Gizmo,

Later,

Chris

yup scaled out half and the rest will run until i think that the trend is redifining itself

Nice, a trade with POTENTIAL, please stop all this hindsight crap, we all have charts...

I'd love this previous resistance to come in play if that TL breaks or if it meets at the same time.

14184-14150area. 142 might bounce though.

142 did bounce, if it breaks expect acceleration to 14150-14184 area. Set your alarms on if your doing nothing tonight, should be good for price action.

Usdcad

USDCAD is at an interesting level, 1.2375 is a weekly SR level and 50% fib from 01 April high. USDCAD has not broken out of downtrending channel on daily either.
No price action to short yet but Im watching it

yup scaled out half and the rest will run until i think that the trend is redifining itself

Nice one, that was one great trade!!!

I'm now short the Bund on the break of the 1H 7pm pin with stop above the pin (13 pips). Could turn out to be great risk/reward; we'll have to see.

Attachments

• Bund.gif
    Bund.gif
    58.5 KB · Views: 157
Try this it can help

boys has anyone got an inside bar alert indicator for mt4 platform which alerts for time frames more than 1 hour???if so pls post it

Hi
I am using this indicator for my backtesting and forwardtesting IB.
Hope it can be of help to you. Put both of them to the indicator folder.
Regards
Edward.

Attachments

• DIBSv1.0.mq4
    4.5 KB · Views: 230
  • DIBSv1.0.ex4
    4.6 KB · Views: 215
Hey Tom,

Gizmo,

Later,

Chris

Hello mate, I came out of them Friday afternoon. I deliberated over it for a long while because I am very bearish bunds and had good entries from higher up and I also HATE to exit at the market but rather like the market to TAKE ME OUT (e.g. with a technically placed stop) but in the end, my bearishness on equities overcame my bearishness on bunds and I decided to come out as they were at a logical support and re-asess the situation on Monday.

As it happened, they have rallied up and I am now on the sidelines looking for an entry. I didn't take the 7pm pin as volume is so low that I've found the setups become largely meaningless after about 6pm (unless something major happens in one of the correlated markets (e.g. 10 year note or S&P) and also I don't want to risk an overnight gap with the chances of it moving significantly into profit before the close somewhat slim. Finally, I feel equities have much more downside.

Anyone who fancies doing the tango with Mrs Watanabe has got the opportunity here... (It's a touch too brave for me, I don't want to be caught Long n Wrong in that trend. Would like to see some conflunece of the RbS too)

anyhow, I include the Ichimoku charts, just to highlight an earlier point that sometimes it pays to look at things from the "other" view. However, all I can think of here is Acid.

Attachments

• WTF2.PNG
    WTF2.PNG
    46.4 KB · Views: 138
  • WTF.PNG
    WTF.PNG
    44.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Mrs_Watanabe.PNG
    Mrs_Watanabe.PNG
    32.5 KB · Views: 135
guys

IB forming on GBP/JPY?? 4H (unsure of IB entries) on or near ascending T/L?

Nic? or any other night owls? lol

Last edited:
guys

I'm a bit wary of IBs at this time of night. I wait for the Tokyo session to kick in a bit.

guys

I`m looking at it now.. I`m just waiting a better price..

Attachments

• GBPJPY1.jpg
    GBPJPY1.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 174
Gbpjpy

An alternative view but this daily support line looks like the chart did last August right before the credit crisis took hold. When the support broke the fall was massive.
If it holds great but Im looking for good confirmation either way.

Attachments

• nic2.gif
    nic2.gif
    36 KB · Views: 132
  • nic3.gif
    nic3.gif
    38.1 KB · Views: 171
An alternative view but this daily support line looks like the chart did last August right before the credit crisis took hold. When the support broke the fall was massive.
If it holds great but Im looking for good confirmation either way.

Agreed. It'd need to be some sweet-ar5e PA to get me betting against the Yen when equities are in such a dire state. In fact, I think I might go to bed so I don't do anything I'll regret. Look for the retest from south of the border in a few hours.

Good luck with it.

USDCAD is at an interesting level, 1.2375 is a weekly SR level and 50% fib from 01 April high. USDCAD has not broken out of downtrending channel on daily either.
No price action to short yet but Im watching it

Just printed a very pretty pin on the 4 hour - for anybody with enough coffee to be around at this hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.