Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice little 80 pips there thanks to gbpusd. Not sure it's going thru this .4310 area so i've tightened up the stop to below the h4 20 ma.

gbpusd

Can draw a couple of trend lines on cable now-1hr, both as yet untested...may form some future support/resistance confluence with previous price pivots/fibs, depending on how price develops.

15g6sfa.gif

The potential support zone is shown on the screenshot below...cable taking another bounce from the zone this morning, resulting in a 1hr pinbar;

2qio0lk.gif

In a relentless act of excellent chart analysis and posting excellent Potential Setups, bbmac does it again.

Attachments

• GBP USD 1hr Feb 20 09.JPG
    GBP USD 1hr Feb 20 09.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 153
Buy fixed income and sell every equity index today.

Load up on gold too.

Be careful of dollar yen. We've got the correlation with indices and the daily double top to suggest a short but seems to be dollar strength in this global sell off and the intermediate trend is up so it's giving mixed signals.

Cable hourly giving a pin at the bottom of the range. Could be a good buy signal.

But to be honest, best play would be to get in where the big moves are going to be. See the first sentence.

crazy

Pins all over the place today. Currenty one forming on the top of the gbpsud rally. Could be a quick PM reversal. Up and down, what a lovely way to trade these pins off the SR levels!

lol, I'm not usually that good.

Usd/Jpy looks like its about to break out to the upside but be very careful there is a very large no-touch option barrier at 94.70 which will be defended agressively.

For those that don't know what this means...in a nutshell, traders have placed a large bet (via options) that Usd/Jpy will not touch 94.70. If the bet is big enough then it may be such that it is worthwhile them SELLING Usd/Jpy in the spot market in order to stop it going up and triggering 94.70 which means their bet loses.

Usd/Jpy looks like its about to break out to the upside but be very careful there is a very large no-touch option barrier at 94.70 which will be defended agressively.

For those that don't know what this means...in a nutshell, traders have placed a large bet (via options) that Usd/Jpy will not touch 94.70. If the bet is big enough then it may be such that it is worthwhile them SELLING Usd/Jpy in the spot market in order to stop it going up and triggering 94.70 which means their bet loses.

Good call on gold TD - I got in on the 123.
Where do you get that options info from? Is that from the ladder or some place else?
Good stuff to know! Thanks

Gbp

This week's trading range so far in Gbpusd tells a story of consolidation: 350pips Lo-Hi, 100week atr = 465, 20week =911, 10week=783, 5 week = 940, last week = 849

Tom,

stupid question - how/where can one know about these "no touch trades placed via options" ?

Cheers

Some of it is bollox though...check this out:

EURO-STERLING: Traders flash up that they are seeing decent sellers in the cross, with rate easing back for a retest on earlier lows at stg0.8800. A break below to open a deeper move toward stg0.8790, then stg0.8775/70.

So a "deeper move" is between 10 and 25 pips?!!?!

wtf

spiky

someone is having fun pushing prices around.
eu 1hr BUOB false break of intraday low
gu another p--!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.