Post your bad spread bet fills here, research needed!

Response in blue..

I give up on you because you know everything, you have all the answers.

You assume everybody uses a 4 year old dell and talk talk connection over an old wireless standard but they don't. If people are using low powered machines expecting their platform and charts to work moothly they are asking for trouble.

I have been using capital spreads lately and their platform went wrong, showed all the prices everything working fine until you place a trade, a box come up saying the trade had been timed out, nothing registered on the platform to even show the trade was opened or closed but then twenty minutes later a trade appeared. It done it to me for a trade I wanted to close in profit so I phoned the dealer who must of been over run by callers, he said he would close at a said price, but 20 minutes later the trade I closed turned into a short, luckly I made a small profit on it. Thats the sort of platform problems I refer to. Now tell me its because I don't know what I am doing and am only complaining because I am one of your 80% of losers.

If anyone cared to read the document I posted earlier you'd see that execution delay can be programmed in. This allows the broker to wait up to 5 seconds before executing the trade. Depending on settings used the trade can be executed at your original price if it goes against you and requoted if it goes in your favour (or indeed vice versa but what broker is going to do that).

This name calling is all very well but the hard evidence is all in that document. Admittedly this is only for the MT4 platform, call me cynical but I think some other platforms may have the same functionality.

See 'max profit slippage' and 'max losing slippage' sections.

If anyone cared to read the document I posted earlier you'd see that execution delay can be programmed in. This allows the broker to wait up to 5 seconds before executing the trade. Depending on settings used the trade can be executed at your original price if it goes against you and requoted if it goes in your favour (or indeed vice versa but what broker is going to do that).

This name calling is all very well but the hard evidence is all in that document. Admittedly this is only for the MT4 platform, call me cynical but I think some other platforms may have the same functionality.

I read it, and very interesting and informative it was, too, unlike 90% of this thread. Black Swan will think I'm paranoid, but I suspect that some SBs have the facility to tweak their platforms, to change the tolerance for trade acceptance and add designer slippage.

I read it, and very interesting and informative it was, too, unlike 90% of this thread. Black Swan will think I'm paranoid, but I suspect that some SBs have the facility to tweak their platforms, to change the tolerance for trade acceptance and add designer slippage.

Why would it bother you what that clown says?

I'm already aware of the dealer plug one, most experienced traders are and sb companies use similar software that's why the more you win the slower the fills, that's their purpose.

When you think that one of the companies that was fined for using it also offers spreadbetting youre probably not too far off the mark. Given that their fx funny business netted them $8 million in the US alone I'd take some convincing that they weren't doing something similar on the SB side. Of course there is no proof of that at present.

Its good to see the discussions here are now without any unwanted irritation. I will add to discussion next week and want to work with the sb companies which I feel can be done here. :)

I'm already aware of the dealer plug one, most experienced traders are and sb companies use similar software that's why the more you win the slower the fills, that's their purpose.

Seem to remember from about five years ago that the Ariel platform had something similar? I think that was what CS and WS were based on in those days, but not sure if any SBs use it now.

Seem to remember from about five years ago that the Ariel platform had something similar? I think that was what CS and WS were based on in those days, but not sure if any SBs use it now.
5 years is a long time in this business.:)

Did I say I was bovvered? Anyway, looks like they've terminated him now, after only 5651 posts.

Because you mentioned his possible thoughts on your reply, but let's forget about it and move on. The management have done their Job well.

ETX Capital and Capital Spreads (including Tradefair) both use Ariel Communications for their iphone app. I've also noticed that ETX's trading platform looks very similar to CS's, i.e. the tabs, the splash screen and the internet address (both end in "/itrade/itrade.aspx").

ETX Capital and Capital Spreads (including Tradefair) both use Ariel Communications for their iphone app. I've also noticed that ETX's trading platform looks very similar to CS's, i.e. the tabs, the splash screen and the internet address (both end in "/itrade/itrade.aspx").

True. That info is on the Ariel site. Our Solutions Ariel – Communications
Also, if anybody needs to know "who is who", this may help. Spread Betting Companies: Who is Who? - Comparing Spread Betting Companies | Compare Spread Betting Companies Today

Find a way or make a way. Where did you get that signature from?

Jon, I ask again, how do you think for example PC at CMC would 'react' with his advertising budget if he sees you actively encouraging threads such as this..? They're your biggest advertiser and you're allowing someone, in fact actively encouraging someone, to trash their reputation based on falsehoods...

You've allowed this guy to do the same on each spread betting firm thread..now you can delete this post but IMHO a few of the sb firms are discovering and beginning to question the point of simply chucking cash at t2w..you need a re think on this, it's damaging..

Are these firms reading this thread? Answer. No. What will come of this thread? Answer. Nothing. Will TruthSeeker manage to ruin the reputation of CMC? Answer No. Does Black Swan live in his own world where he believes he is a legend amongst the forum and his life revolves around this? Answer. More than likely. In conclusion. This is just a rant at spreadbetting companies and nothing will come of it. It's funny all your guys ranting about it. About 70% of my trades get rejected or are held for at least 10 seconds with two brokers, and i dont even care.

Last edited:
Find a way or make a way. Where did you get that signature from?

Are these firms reading this thread? Answer. No. What will come of this thread? Answer. Nothing. Will TruthSeeker manage to ruin the reputation of CMC? Answer No. Does Black Swan live in his own world where he believes he is a legend amongst the forum and his life revolves around this? Answer. More than likely. In conclusion. This is just a rant at spreadbetting companies and nothing will come of it. It's funny all your guys ranting about it. About 70% of my trades get rejected or are held for at least 10 seconds with two brokers, and i dont even care.

It is not my purpose to ruin the reputation of CMC, far from it, I have helped immensely (with their upcoming upgrade with single click dealing, lower spreads etc) but they will do that all by themselves as they have before which was to the extent they had to change their name, and history will repeat itself if they carry on their present path. I will repeat again because you seem to have not read this thread and comments and just jumped in with nonsense.
Up until a month or so aga CMC execution was good, good fills at any time, even busier times, now this has changed, slower fills, rejected trades (that are in your favour), to a total market suspended (again, when you're on the right side and could have made a nice profit). I didn't ask for this and neither did anyone else. Everything is documented and will continue to be.
This thread is for all spread bet companies of haven't you read what has been said here?
As far as a rant goes, we are collectiing information on our executions, what speed the execution is, how many orders are rejected, how often the market is 'suspended/closed' when the real markets are ticking over nicely. This is for the purpose of the traders who actually trade, put their hard earned money on the table in an attempt to better their lives. All we want is a fair and just spread betting company to trade with, to deliver what they advertise, no underhand tactics, from now on they will be exposed. If they don't want negative press, then don't do it, it's simple. We have the power to change this business for the better, let's weed out the dishonest ones and give our business to the best. Cream will rise to the top, and we deserve nothing less!

So if a spread betting company can't deliver what they advertise to pull you in (0.7/0.9 spreads) then they are not allowed to advertise these spreads, it's the law. If the spreads range in reality from 0.7 to 5, then that spread needs to be advertised, then the trader can make a more informed choice.

Attachments

• pc saying im an asset.JPG
    pc saying im an asset.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 152
It is not my purpose to ruin the reputation of CMC, far from it, I have helped immensely (with their upcoming upgrade with single click dealing, lower spreads etc) but they will do that all by themselves as they have before which was to the extent they had to change their name, and history will repeat itself if they carry on their present path. I will repeat again because you seem to have not read this thread and comments and just jumped in with nonsense.
Up until a month or so aga CMC execution was good, good fills at any time, even busier times, now this has changed, slower fills, rejected trades (that are in your favour), to a total market suspended (again, when you're on the right side and could have made a nice profit). I didn't ask for this and neither did anyone else. Everything is documented and will continue to be.
This thread is for all spread bet companies of haven't you read what has been said here?
As far as a rant goes, we are collectiing information on our executions, what speed the execution is, how many orders are rejected, how often the market is 'suspended/closed' when the real markets are ticking over nicely. This is for the purpose of the traders who actually trade, put their hard earned money on the table in an attempt to better their lives. All we want is a fair and just spread betting company to trade with, to deliver what they advertise, no underhand tactics, from now on they will be exposed. If they don't want negative press, then don't do it, it's simple. We have the power to change this business for the better, let's weed out the dishonest ones and give our business to the best. Cream will rise to the top, and we deserve nothing less!

So if a spread betting company can't deliver what they advertise to pull you in (0.7/0.9 spreads) then they are not allowed to advertise these spreads, it's the law. If the spreads range in reality from 0.7 to 5, then that spread needs to be advertised, then the trader can make a more informed choice.
To be honest, this is not the way to go about it getting the industry to improve. Most of the traders do not want a war, they want improvement, and that is what we have gotten in the recent years. You are asking too much trading high stakes, think you can in the long run getting instant execution without some kind of intervention. They have the right to refer your trades if they are too large. I am also against manipulation of any sort (it is not allowed according to MiFID). I would rather prefer that the SB just closed the account, more fair in my opinion, or implement a warning system, instead of fiddling around with individual client parameters.