Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CYOF said:
You are back again, Mr Wrong Threadman, and I see that yoiu have brought some more FX hairy ones with you :LOL:

The Seller will win in all trades - The Buyer will lose in all trades.

You and your FX buddies should go over to the FX section and show your skills there :rolleyes:

And when you are at it, please bring the pizza man with ye :LOL:

I am sure ye will get great support :cheesy:

I've read some dumb comments before but that us just really Irish.

If your trading skills are restricted to writing options on the footsie then I there is not much point in getting into a discussion with you..

Yes I trade FX - because it offers huge potential in terms of volatility and maybe that's too rich for your blood - that's why I use options as a hedge !

I also trade futures, CFD's and Bunds. I thought the discussion was on the difference between writing and buying options ?

Last edited:
Haven't been here for a while!

The only way to make money in options is:

1) Buy undervalued options
2) Sell overvalued options

Now how do you calculate value? That's the interesting question. Options trade away from their Black-Scholes theoretical price on a regular basis, does this mean the model is truly flawed? If so where is the flaw?

Effkay said:
Options trade away from their Black-Scholes theoretical price on a regular basis, does this mean the model is truly flawed? If so where is the flaw?
BS assumes continuous trading, assumes constant volatility, assumes no slippage, assumes no commissions and worst of all assumes a normal distribution.

That said, in over thirty years nobody has come up with a better model.

CYOF said:
So you are now are starting to think for others as well :eek:

Coin tosses, hmmm, I would like to see what you are trading, maybe Monoply or something like that :idea:

What is going on?

Hold on now, I will fly over to where ever you are and hold your little hand and spell it out for you.

Come on you guys - Are Ye For Real

Is there so much bananas now growing due to global warming, that the future of mankind is indeed that bleak :idea:

The Facts are there for all to see, the calls have been made in advance, the trades then filled, the updates given, and even a summary for those who do not have enough time to write the trades down.

What do you want us to do - bring you out for Sunday lunch :rolleyes:

A fellow Paddy recently commented on how I have changed, and all I can say, now, with all honesty, is that I am sorry that I did not change a long time ago, for I was indeed a monkey, and what is more I was taking a lot of bananas, and guess what, the same old banana givers are still here, handing out the little bendy yellow things in great numbers.

Drink!!
Your eyes are being opened I see....I am pleased.

Effkay said:
Haven't been here for a while!

The only way to make money in options is:

1) Buy undervalued options
2) Sell overvalued options

Now how do you calculate value? That's the interesting question. Options trade away from their Black-Scholes theoretical price on a regular basis, does this mean the model is truly flawed? If so where is the flaw?

.;)

Glenn said:
Let us be quite clear.
1. There is no scientific proof whatever here of any edge either way. All we have to date is the equivalent of a series of coin tosses coming out Heads, and all of them caught in mid-air at that.
2. After all this time I have seen no evidence whatever that you Socrates are calling or executing the trades you post.

Makes me wonder what on earth is going on here. In fact I probably know only too well.
However, lets stick to the facts described above, for they are indisputable, and see what if any substance transpires.

Glenn
You remind me of myself when I first started. When asked what I wanted as a birthday present I chose a Faber Castell top of the range Slide Rule.

All these theoretical principles are very well and good but that is all they are....theories.

Theories and dealing with real situations in real time are very different propositions.

I don't have all evening to remain here arguing the point.

Go and log on to the Euronext / Liffe website and you will see the last trade, trade 16 logged on there hanging still......(15 was a blank space)..... In fact both trade 14 and trade 16 are still there for you all to gawk at.....and what is more they will remain there till midnight.

3 lots Apr 6175 puts @ 78 and 3 lots May 6075 Puts @ 74.5 so what more do you want , eh ?

3 lots Apr 6175 puts @ 78 and 3 lots May 6075 Puts @ 74.5 so what more do you want , eh ?

I believe he is suggesting that these are bulldozers trades and he is simply giving you them to post on T2W

SOCRATES said:
You remind me of myself when I first started. When asked what I wanted as a birthday present I chose a Faber Castell top of the range Slide Rule.

All these theoretical principles are very well and good but that is all they are....theories.

Theories and dealing with real situations in real time are very different propositions.

I don't have all evening to remain here arguing the point.

Go and log on to the Euronext / Liffe website and you will see the last trade, trade 16 logged on there hanging still......(15 was a blank space)..... In fact both trade 14 and trade 16 are still there for you all to gawk at.....and what is more they will remain there till midnight.

Let us keep to the facts because only the facts matter.
I have real-time quotes from IB in front of me and am well aware of what is shown on the LIFFE web-site. But this proves nothing other than that a trade took place. It does not prove that you executed it or called it. So without such proof it is just as plausible that someone else called and executed the trade and informed you about it, and then you posted it.

Glenn

SOCRATES said:
Your eyes are being opened I see....I am pleased.

Well, what can I say, only you were right again.

Have a nice evening, All.

SOCRATES said:
Please...., this is my thread.

The object of this thread is clearly described by its title.

It is not about going short on futures or anything else.

It is about whether the writer has the edge over the buyer in options.

Now you ae welcome to remain provided you remain on topic.

Also since you have made a post, please let us have your vote.

W for writers having the edge.

B for buyers having the edge.

All else codswallop ...Thank You.

As I saw it Soc you challenged me by telling me not to go against you in the market as I see it I have an opposing position to yours in the market
Now as I see it you would have to wait until expiry for your £2.5k I will only have to wait until Thursday

dc2000 said:
As I saw it Soc you challenged me by telling me not to go against you in the market as I see it I have an opposing position to yours in the market
Now as I see it you would have to wait until expiry for your £2.5k I will only have to wait until Thursday
Please yourself and do what you like whether it is the right thing or the wrong thing who cares, because if you are going to behave like that, I am certainly not going to. I am now indifferent to your outcome, whatever it is. I did not challenge you. I am not a kid. But you are obviously behaving like one and it does not interest me at all.

Last edited:
“Is intellectual superiority demonstrated by engagement with retards?” (post 739).

I would like to apologise for this remark. Better I be suspected of being an obnoxious s**t, rather than provide confirmation. Hope we can still be friends, even with my adversaries.

Grant.

Glenn said:
Let us keep to the facts because only the facts matter.
I have real-time quotes from IB in front of me and am well aware of what is shown on the LIFFE web-site. But this proves nothing other than that a trade took place. It does not prove that you executed it or called it. So without such proof it is just as plausible that someone else called and executed the trade and informed you about it, and then you posted it.

Glenn
What are you grumbling about like an old woman ? What do you expect ? I posted the trades in real time. i have pointed you in the right direction and I have even announced trades in advance of the event.So what more do you want, the proof is that all the trades I have posted are profitable...that I choose to close them and take profits is my business and not yours. You just have to content yourself with observing, which is what you are here for, that's all. Phew ! :rolleyes:

SOCRATES said:
What are you grumbling about like an old woman ? What do you expect ? I posted the trades in real time. i have pointed you in the right direction and I have even announced trades in advance of the event.So what more do you want, the proof is that all the trades I have posted are profitable...that I choose to close them and take profits is my business and not yours. You just have to content yourself with observing, which is what you are here for, that's all. Phew ! :rolleyes:

This proves nothing other than that a trade took place. It does not prove that you executed it or called it. So without such proof it is just as plausible that someone else called and executed the trade and informed you about it, and then you posted it.

Glenn

SOCRATES said:
What's it to you ? When you yourself are able to match my performance then you can criticize.

Until such time it is best if you keep your opinions to yourself and by the way, I will remind you this thread is not here for you to post futures trades or to continue to plaster it with your stupid comments. The purpose of this thread is very clearly indicated at the header, page ! and post 1.

Come on Soc don't get the hump your post 791 clearly stated I should not bet against you in the market. I have been posting my trades for a number of years now and would not dream of telling any trader that they will lose money because they take an opposing view to mine you however have been trading options for two weeks and all of a sudden your word should be taken as gospel.
Now it maybe that it can be proven the the writer has an edge but come back in two years with account statements and Im sure we will agree with you

SOCRATES said:
Don't be stupid...I am not here to engage in stupid arguments with you....:rolleyes: ....I am here to present the facts, that's all.

This proves nothing other than that a trade took place. It does not prove that you executed it or called it. So without such proof it is just as plausible that someone else called and executed the trade and informed you about it, and then you posted it.
Glenn

dc2000 said:
Come on Soc don't get the hump your post 791 clearly stated I should not bet against you in the market. I have been posting my trades for a number of years now and would not dream of telling any trader that they will lose money because they take an opposing view to mine you however have been trading options for two weeks and all of a sudden your word should be taken as gospel.
Now it maybe that it can be proven the the writer has an edge but come back in two years with account statements and Im sure we will agree with you
Listen...I am not allowed to give you or anybody investement advice ok ?

But your attitude has been foolish.

My word is gospel that is the point, but you don't believe it and try every stunt you can to contradict. So from now on it is best if you are left to your own devices.

As for two weeks...you are very mistaken young man....I have been in this for many years, and whilst very probebly you were still in short pants.

So I am getting really bored and p#ssed off with all of you and I am going to make five more calls and then I am closing the thread and leaving all of you to contemplate your navels from then on.

dc2000 said:

It's futile to attempt reason and logical argument with Socco....and everyone bar non is a dunce.......except for the real dunce CYOF.....who wants to be "head boy"....and I don't mean "in charge".......

I will give Socco his due......he does'nt discriminate by age......for ye are all dunces...every last one of you ......no exemptions whatsoever ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.