Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
credo said:
Socrates demonstrates ability in psychological observation of where the market is going.
Is that why he sold Footsie Puts by the bucket load just before the market suffered a mini-crash ? :cheesy:

stoic said:
sounds like CYOF here?

How about I entertain you in the use of unfalsifiable statements - anything goes really. So I'll humour you thus:

Statement: Socrates is a repressed homosexual.

Is the above statement true? In light of your thinking yes, because I can put forward the evidence of his attention seeking as a manifestation of feminine tendencies (we know how women love attention), his constant needing to be right, and his "passes" made at other posters as a potential cry for help, in light of denying his sexuality etc . . he simply represses and then displaces these feelings because they are too hard to accept.

Yo! Stoic! See that line at your feet? :)

dc2000 said:
credo may I ask what you conection is to Soc you seem to know an awfull lot about him and since you joined the site your posts have in the main been regarding Soc?

No connection Sir. As i said I consider myself intelligent, a couple of degrees in my belt. I came across his lecture notes albeit fragmented, I read them. In relation to my conventional education I thought mm thats interesting. I dont have the money to attend his courses but it took me the best part of 2 years to find who had written these notes. The notes are not cloak and dagger and smoke screens and mirrors. They are coherent. It is true he has teased people here but take my word for it - if you read the notes you (not you specifically) wouldn't struggle to action a trade.

Profitaker said:
Is that why he sold Footsie Puts by the bucket load just before the market suffered a mini-crash ? :cheesy:

PT,

Do you think..... his 'explanation' of how he closed out before the crash was not entirely acurate?

Surely he wouldnt have made it all up!....surely.
:p

credo said:
No connection Sir. As i said I consider myself intelligent, a couple of degrees in my belt. I came across his lecture notes albeit fragmented, I read them. In relation to my conventional education I thought mm thats interesting. I dont have the money to attend his courses but it took me the best part of 2 years to find who had written these notes. The notes are not cloak and dagger and smoke screens and mirrors. They are coherent. It is true he has teased people here but take my word for it - if you read the notes you (not you specifically) wouldn't struggle to action a trade.

I have more than a couple of degrees under my belt, and talking the talk doesn't make one a trader.

But, follow whom you will. It's your money.

Db

ian said:
PT,

Do you think..... his 'explanation' of how he closed out before the crash was not entirely acurate?

Why not?

And stop calling him Shirley . . .

ian said:
Have you seen proof of this 'mint' or are you just assuming that he 'is minted'?

well I know he bought some nice property in the France - for cash.
I would need to apply for a mortgage and still not qualify.

credo said:

Who's cash?

Originally Posted by dc2000
credo may I ask what you conection is to Soc you seem to know an awfull lot about him and since you joined the site your posts have in the main been regarding Soc?

Originally Posted by credo

Was that receipt attached to his notes per chance. I certainly don't discuss my business, cash or otherwise with people I have no connection with.

Reactions: ian
dbphoenix said:
I have more than a couple of degrees under my belt, and talking the talk doesn't make one a trader.

But, follow whom you will. It's your money.

Db

I tip my hat to you Sir and yes you are absolutely right it does not make me a trader which is why I find your cross examination of Socrates important
It could also be I am naive and have been taken in by the magician
What he writes is interesting - but so were the Hitler Diaries.
Watch this space

credo said:
I tip my hat to you Sir and yes you are absolutely right it does not make me a trader which is why I find your cross examination of Socrates important
Watch this space

There's that sense of deja vu again . . .

ian said:
Who's cash?

persumeably his cash.He looks like the professor calculus in the tintin books. wears a long coat and trilbee - esque hat. Looks ditinguished shall we say.

credo said:
persumeably his cash.He looks like the professor calculus in the tintin books. wears a long coat and trilbee - esque hat. Looks ditinguished shall we say.

OK, seeing as you seem to have some sort of intimate knowledge of the man in question why dont you ask him if the nice house in France was bought with trading profits or course fees.

p.s. I look like tin tin..

credo said:
Watch this space

Didnt the Hitler Diaries turn out to be a fake?

ian said:
PT,

It has been proven that he didn't close out when he said he did. This is probably due to the fact that he didn't really have anything to close out. Socrates can lie, but LIFFE data doesn't.

And please.....don't call me Shirley :LOL:

credo said:
yes that is correct.

"The diaries were actually written by Konrad Kujau, a Professor Calculus look-alike and a notorious Stuttgart forger of Hitler's works. Both he and Heidemann went to trial in 1985 and were each sentenced to 42 months in prison."

Credo,

“I assure you he has. He is minted.”

If I’m excused the presumption, I think I can speak on behalf of the many here. In light of this, obviously we have made serious errors of judgement, and may we retract any suggestion to the contrary and offer our unconditional apologies? Profittaker (as an example), I hope you feel sufficiently humbled.

“a couple of degrees”. Means JS.

Grant.

Status
Not open for further replies.