Panama P.B.A.

mailro

Does anyone knows how to get a personal bank account in Panama without having to go there?

Bank accounts in Panama are very hard without the signator been there and all copies of the documents, ID, etc have to be authenticated. Personal bank accounts are more dificult than corporate.
Some attorneys advertise that they can do it, but I have to meet one yet who can, as we have been shopping for one for our clients. I´m based in Panama. ALL international banks (HSBC, etc) have abandoned that practice so far and you have to do that with the national banks: Multicredit, Credicorp, etc., if they have the contacts
Another way to do it is to have your accountant or attorney open it with them as signator, send your minimum deposit ($1,000.00 ) and then take a trip to Panama to go to the bank and make the changes of signators before you start using your account. It would cut down on stress, believe me. You will need:
Copy of passport
Bank reference letters (2)
Commercial reference letter
*All authenticated at the nearest Panama Consulate
Source of funds statement
If a corporate account: Corporate docs and certificate of good standing from the Public Registry.

Last edited:
Does anyone knows how to get a personal bank account in Panama without having to go there?

The word now is to avoid the bigger banks like HSBC since they are more strict and they are not really hurting for customers. There are many other banks.

Drop me a line so I can give you the info and which bank we were successful with.