Orderflow Analytics any experience?

Thank you. That is exactly want I wanted to know. For a broker supplied feed, Zenfire is excellent for the nil price but has limitations with delta creation.

FT, I will reply on your other thread.

Sorry Daza but no intent to hijack your thread or take it off course. However I truly believe that this type of analysis requires very accurate inputs. Zenfire is stunningly good at producing exactly the same charts as I pay big money for even to time based volume being comparable. If however accurate differentiation of bid\ask is required then bear in mind that every incorrect print is double jeopardy as it subtracts from where it should be plus adds to where it doesn't belong.
Yes sir you are absolutely correct......you "get it" for the bid/ask data problems I was talking about. I wanted to make sure others are aware of the recent technical issues with these already proven data drops seen with various broker feeds.

Due to the different training options, data providers and software
configurations available we do not offer direct purchasing or free trial
access.

Wow there is so many of them huh?

We do offer a 1-on-1 consultation and live-market demonstration during
market hours where you will get all your questions answered.

That's the Newbie trading room you have to pay $250 just to look at it.
And have an 'interview' and give personal details to a complete stranger with a website listed to Katz Global offshore privacy protection.
And after a certain amount of time if you don't pay for the training they will more than likely not allow you just to continue to stay in there.

You must attend the Boot Camp Course for proper training in using the OFA
Floor Trader Pro trading platform and strategies.

Notice the word 'MUST' meaning you can not just lease the software and use it your own way you MUST buy $2500 worth of training just to use the software, that you have to ALSO pay $99 a month for plus extra fees for the plugins.
And no doubt after that you 'MUST' pay them $5000 for more training, or they wont allow you to use the software anymore.
So it is final, this is using the charting program and the plugins to sell expensive training and coaching.
Why else would it be setup this way?

@Daza did you buy their course and if yes, was it worth it?
Can anyone recommend a resource for orderflow trading that they particularly liked? Im certainly willing to pay for good education but 5k is really a lot!

Can anyone recommend a resource for orderflow trading that they particularly liked? Im certainly willing to pay for good education but 5k is really a lot!

Hi Swisstrader1,
Yes, I can. I've recently joined the Fulcrum Trader group (run by Chris Koozekanini, aka 'Fulcrum Trader', above) and I'll happily recommend it to anyone interested in trying to understand order flow. To emphasize the points already made by Fulcrum Trader (FT), it's essential to have unbundled tick-by-tick data and charting software that allows you to display cumulative delta volume. If you don't have these things, then the practical application will be quite limited or even impossible. Additionally, the principles and methodology that FT teaches are applicable to the futures market primarily - and preferably the most liquid ones at that. In other words, the practical application of cumulative delta work in trading equites is likely to be limited.

To echo a point made by a poster earlier in the thread, the principles that FT teaches do not rely on some bespoke piece of software that only he understands so, once you've learnt and understood the principles, you can apply them without being dependant upon the FT group. The price is a fraction of the $5k you are considering spending and, IMO, it represents excellent value for money. Essentially, the 'teaching' comprises a handful of videos which outline the principles. Thereafter, there are additional videos shot in real time explaining market activity from the perspective of a cumulative delta volume trader. You can watch these when you want and as often as you want. There is an option to subscribe to a daily chat room too for a modest fee. Chris explains in detail what is going on in terms of order flow and provides a 'heads up' for prospective trades. Questions are answered quickly and comprehensively by Chris or one of his colleagues in the event that he's not around. (The room is open for the entire day of the US cash session.)

Is it the Holy Grail? No, absolutely not. Just like anything else, there are times when the 'message' conveyed by the cumulative delta is unclear or the signals 'fail'. To a greater or lesser extent, this is down to context and having the knowledge and experience to know when you can trust what you're seeing and when you can't - and to act accordingly. Having said that, it's the most interesting and exciting development that I've come across in many years and the potential - IMO - is very exciting indeed.
HTH,
Tim.

As a follow up to the above post, a picture paints a thousand words - so I attach a chart of the ES from last Thursday 10th June which gives just a faint taster of the insight that cumulative delta can provide.

Swisstrader1 Chart.jpg

1. Price reverses here (top pane) and is mirrored by the cumulative delta (bottom pane).
2. Price pulls back and makes a higher low while the delta pulls back a lot further and actually tests the previous low. When price resumes its move upwards, traders who only look at price will be buoyed by the print of the higher low and, not unreasonably, be fairly confident of a test of the high at 1079. By contrast, the double bottom will make cumulative delta traders a little more wary.
3. Here price only traders may well expect another small pull back like the one to 2, and have no cause for concern that price may reverse. Meanwhile, cumulative delta traders will observe that fewer trades are being executed at the ask than were previously - to the extent that they can't even match the earlier high. It comes as no surprise to them that price reverses at 3. Additionally, as price falls and approaches the earlier low of 1070.50 at 1 - it then pulls back a full 2.5 points. Any price only traders who are short at this point are likely to get stopped out here. However, the corresponding pull back in the cumulative delta pane is negligible, indicating that supply outweighs demand and that the downward pressure is likely to continue. Cumulative delta is - quite literally - like having another window on the market. If it mirrors price - then all well and good. If it doesn't, then change may be afoot. Above all, it highlights how price not only fails to tell the full story - it can be quite misleading at times.

Spotting simple divergences such as that outlined above is fairly straightforward for any trader with a modicum of knowledge and experience. The principles and methodology that the Fulcrum Trader group use go way beyond this and cover the dynamics of what is happening in the market in much greater depth. As I say, this is merely to provide an insight into the possibilities of cumulative delta volume analysis and not to promote the activities and services of the Fulcrum Trader group.
Tim.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an update on the issues with ZF and Bid/Ask? I guess they're the same?

I just did a quick test on 6E 12-10. There are plenty of diffs. Here's a small selection. Would anyone be able to check my DTN data to make sure it reflects the real situation before I go to Zen Fire for a comment (these are UK timestamps)

ZF-bid-ask.txt:17:24:58 BID 1.3917
ZF-bid-ask.txt:17:24:58 ASK 1.3917

DTNIQ-bid-ask.txt:17:24:58 ASK 1.3917

ZF-bid-ask.txt:17:24:48 BID 1.3917
DTNIQ-bid-ask.txt:17:24:48 ASK 1.3917

DTN.IQ feed is the ONLY WAY to have proper BID/ASK data coming from an actually feed company that uses a ticker plant (for properly formatting and storing data for historical data needs by end users). Broker supplied data feeds are built primarily to route orders, and as a secondary function provide basic price/volume data. If you use a broker supplied data feed to track Cumulative Delta your are subject to TAINTED data plots (current testing still confirms this).......UUGH!

Please, don't let anyone tell you that a broker supplied feed can be used to PROPERLY track Cumulative Delta or BID/ASK differential used in ANY Transaction Level Analysis tools! Rithmic/Zenfire, OEC, Transact, IB, etc, etc, etc are totally unusable! :)

That is DTN.IQ feed re-branded. I do not have any experience with that feed but many at BigMikeTrading seem to be talking about it. :)

Hi Swisstrader1,
Yes, I can. I've recently joined the Fulcrum Trader group (run by Chris Koozekanini

Any reason why you answered Swisstraders question about the company and software provided by "Order flow analytics" with information about an entirely unrelated service sold by Fulcrum Trader?

This trader asked for a resource for order flow trading and I am one of several. Each trader can do their own due diligence to see what makes the most sense to them (and their trade style).

Order Flow Analytics

L2ST

FulcrumTrader

etc, etc, etc :)

Hi Dr_Jones,
Any reason why you answered Swisstraders question about the company and software provided by "Order flow analytics" with information about an entirely unrelated service sold by Fulcrum Trader?
Indeed there is.
Swisstrader1 asked: "Can anyone recommend a resource for orderflow trading that they particularly liked?" I interpreted the question as a request for alternative suggestions on how to assess and trade order flow. As I have (very positive) personal experience of the service provided by Fulcrum trader - I thought subscribers to thread would interested in my comments. Just trying to help - apologies if you feel my replies are off topic!
Tim.

OFA supports IQ feed, Rithmic/R-Trader, ZenFire or any other feed you want to use through NT7. IQ/Kinetic is a subscription feed, not a clearing feed. They have a completely different composition. You can’t send an order to the exchange from IQfeed. You need a trade routing engine which in the case of ZenFire/Rithmic - it is designed to maximize quote messaging, not trade reporting. This is why you have differences in the data. There is not really any excuse – we’d love to see them match, it’s just a fact that the feeds are designed for totally different purposes… And if you fully understand the relationship of execution clearing – it really should not make any difference in your analysis – contrary to the reporting in this thread. For every buyer at the offer there is a seller offering. The relationship cannot be driven down to only one side and somehow validate the logic. Using terms like "parsed" is one way to avoid the fact that you are ignoring the market depth. And if you choose to avoid the market depth in order flow analysis - particularly in a HFT instrument like the ES - well, you are only seeing 50% of the logic.

I want to apologize in advance for the long post. I have no intention to use this forum for advertising. Trade to Win provides an excellent service for traders to discuss ideas and issues. I felt I had the obligation to acknowledge the post in general and I am posting a similar response in another forum. I realize the trolls will explode with negative comments – I’m just offering to be part of the conversation… Any questions directed to our website will be answered and I will humbly accept all the ego-driven insults that follow this post…

As is the case with anything being offered at a price - there is tremendous speculation by the weary, posturing by the competition, criticism by those unable/unwilling to do for themselves… and a few nice comments. Personally I would never buy any software or trading advice from anyone. I choose to develop and design my own ideas, concepts and intellectual property. For those lacking the resources, knowledge, skills, endurance and imagination required to do so, this industry is filled with people willing to share their work (and often the work of others) for whatever fair price the market dictates.
When you can’t find what you want on the open market you can simply give up or build it yourself. I chose to build it myself.

The OFA application was built because I had a vision for how I wanted to track the bid and ask strike data on the ES. When I approached existing companies like Market Delta to offer customizations that would result in what I was looking for, all doors were shut abruptly in my face. This is an ugly industry. No existing charting company will consider the possibility that there is a better way of doing things, mostly because 99% of developers don’t trade. If they ever did trade, they were not good enough to continue. Once you take the active trader out of the development process, you can assume any resulting product is completely worthless. Developers end up producing “features” rather than “benefits”. Trading is a feature-rich and benefit-deficient industry.

The tools I build are complex, purpose specific, expensive and by no means collectively a magic system – but they are a direct benefit to my trading. They are parts and pieces of what help me execute and manage trades consistently. Just as Fulcrum swears by the cumulative delta and open inventory, or Bill Duryea swears by 5 tick reversals… We all have our own way of looking at the same data. None are more right than any other. We look for consistent patterns that we can capitalize on. In my case I design software to solidify the patterns I see and use rather than trying to interpret some other developer’s limited scope. I rely on the statistics of the Order Flow patterns as defined by my software to develop trading strategies. I have to know week to week and month to month what the probable outcome of each pattern is in order to effectively trade from or with them.

For me Order Flow trading involves playing into the revolving exhaustion points as we trade through responsive market depth. I know exactly what to expect when I see clusters of volume exceeding average supply or demand. I know that I can reduce my draw-downs if I avoid putting my stops directly into the pocket of stop-runs that regularly follow these clusters. That is what my software is designed to illustrate and my strategies are designed to capitalize on. I am not interested in the net difference of market orders from 2 days ago – and I don’t care about catching every swing of the market. I want to attack the market when I understand that I have a probable edge. That is what I built OFA for.

When there is a large fee attached to services the speculation and criticism land in forums like this one… In the end, anything offered by OFA or any of the other vendors that have tried (and done poorly) to sound impartial here will always be available to you for free if you are willing to accept the alternative real cost: your time, work, equity, endurance and imagination to develop your own trading methods.

Should you prefer to bypass the alternative real cost, you have many options out there… Software, seminars, systems, books, videos, etc. In your quest as a consumer of other people’s work, consider a golfer who plays poorly and wants to make a change in his game. Should he spend $300 on a new driver or $300 on a golf lesson? You decide which will have more impact. Some will choose both. Some just the lesson. Some will continue to slice into the trees while cursing their new club.

Here are 5 points to consider before making your next trading-related purchase:

1. If you think you can’t afford it, you can’t.
2. If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
3. If you are promised instant profits, you won’t get them.
4. If you expect someone else to do the work for you, they won’t.
5. If you are undercapitalized or under-disciplined you will fail no matter what you buy.

This includes the purchase of OFA. Trading is work. It’s not easy. There is no secret. Successful speculation requires capital, courage and good judgment. Capital is common. Courage is widespread. Good judgment is the only rare commodity in this industry.

D.B. Vaello
OrderFlowAnalytics.Com

Hi dbvaello,
Wow, what a debut post!
Welcome to T2W and I hope you will stick around and contribute to discussions on this - and other trading related issues.
(y)
Tim.

DB,

Great to see you now have DTN.IQ feed on board for proper BID/ASK differential tracking (Cumulative Delta). I myself use DTN.IQ feed to power GomCD tools or the great new GomLadder Highlight Edition (reversal bar - footprint style) charts in NT7......while also connected to Zenfire feed for order routing needs only.

In TradeVec I use DTN.IQ feed for powering all the Cumulative Delta Volume tools while using TT Fix for only order routing needs. For my primary charting and Cumulative Delta tools I use Investor RT Pro with only DTN.IQ feed connected (to make sure I have proper BID/ASK data with full access to 30 days of historical BID/ASK data). After initial discussions with MultiCharts recently, it looks like they may start working on Cumulative Delta tools to add to their charting in the months ahead.....we will see.

As I have consistently stated, it is only a good thing when traders learn to understand the order flow activities that make up supply & demand events. The more tools available to traders for tracking BID/ASK differential with clean bid/ask data (DTN.IQ feed) is a good thing imo. :)

Hey, as long as they keep their feed top notch I will talk them up all day long (what other feed could I use for proper BID/ASK data???). DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta.

Heck, I better go out and buy a Christmas present for them......I am dependent on their exceptional feed!

Well I am sure nobody would mind if you started a new thread for your personal advertising endeavors.