omnitrader?

Interesting that Windowsill now does not use indicators. Do you mean that you do not use technical analysis?
If so then there is no software for you.
OT may have bugs in strategy builder, I am not a programmer and therefore cannot comment.

I use OT simply to find stocks that fit a certain set of TA strategies.
Something along the lines of:
"Show me all stock where the 20MA has crossed the 50MA"
Up pops a list and I can instantly see all those stocks and how well they performed historically based on that strategy.

I must admit that OT is not the number 1 weapon in my armoury but I find it useful for testing strategies. I use EoD version, my realtime charting and alerts is from IT Finance which I find superb.

Use of rather loose language here, for which i apologise....I use Sharescope & by indicators I mean ......generally all those termed indicators, which aren't normaly on the main graph screen. Problem with OT, IMO is the incredible complexity .....& the need for this "excellent product" to have expensive upgrades to make it even more .....excellent?...for which you have to pay & then presumably have to face a further steep learning curve....If I had a look at it now (with hindsite & experience....yes I would agree that its makes a good mining tool.(with ma's though what doesn't)..the main advantage though is the fact that it (using signal trader) can list US shares commodities currencies etc, all in the same package.

Oh yes.....something else....It triggers a Green light & two days later changes its mind! This is very disconcerting for someone new to the game! (an example of real curve fitting) However you can backtest & then with your results forward test which is quite clever. So perfect a system up to say 2003 & then forward test it to date.

ianw2006 said:
Hi Euro_D

Where can i find details of IT Finance software if it is good

Thanks
http://www.prorealtime.com/en/
I personally find the platform superb. You can use it as a stand alone package with a huge amount of indicators available or u can try your hand at programming. Help manuals are very uesful too.
Alternatively, you can use DDE links to push data directly to your favorite package, eg tradestation

Yes, I highly recommend them.

Cheers
Dave

OMNITRADER 2008 -people say it is great,is it really?

With due consideration, I feel you are on the rightside when you state that omnitrader must make or generate trading signals that can be used as they come,and with reliability.

I still feel if you have time and if you happen to see the Omnitrader 2008 in action,please post your most valuable independent opinion .

In the past I was told omnitrader gives different signal everyday, and things go without success.

My request
please all users of OMNITRADER2008, kindly post your opinions
thanks in advance.
-------------------
TRADEGUIDER a WINDOW ON MARKET MANIPULATION TACTICS OF SMARTMONEY.

By the way, I am currently studying tradeguider system, and it deals with VSA,volume spread analysis. Its parallel,people say is marketdelta which seems fairly confusing as well as uninteresting. By the way, tradeguider basics revolve around Richard Wickoff
ideas. Please look into traderguider.com and all the videos that appear under title market manipulation on youtube.
The idea is great but application is not easy.

Regards,
rvlv

Buy TC2000 by Telnet, the software is free and it costs $30 per month for the data to run any scan you want on all the stocks, funds, sectors and indexes.

The reason I bought OT and the reason I have bought so many of their add-ons is for the engine and for the intraday candlestick recognition capability. I have a black box system that I have designed. Currently my swing system, my morning and afternoon breakout systems both work and make money EVERY day and the orders are automatically generate and executed! I am still working out the bugs in my day trade system, but when I am finished it will also make money every single day.

You can take a peek at my website that is still under construction -- www.ExtremeTradingSystems.com

The problem with OmniTrader is that they sell it to people touting their high percentage of successful trades. Then they cover themselves by saying, oh... it a data mining tool. You need to know what the product is supposed to do for you. I know a lot of people that either do not have the time to become Technical Analysts or are incapable. They pay thousand of dollars for a product that claims to give them buy and sell signals (see OT’s brochures). The product should not give buy and sell signals if they are not correct. If it is a data mining program, then why doesn't it just give a true or false indication that it has met your criteria? If you look at their brochures, they talk about signal accuracy!

In good conscience, I could never recommend OT to anyone. If you are making money with it, good for you! I have binders full of charts printed from OT. I would be broke if I had followed OT signals.

Be careful because Nirvana, the company that makes OT, is trying to sell their Ultimate Trading System, ARM2 ($3500 US). They make outrageous claims about its accuracy also.

Think about this, if OT really did what Nirvana claims, why don’t they allow it to generate its’ signals right into a direct access brokerage for automatic execution? I think the answer is obvious, it would be a disaster! People would lose all their money!

OMNITRADER 2008 -people say it is great,is it really?

Please,if possible,post your opinion on OMNITRADER 2008, latest of the lot,which people say is a great thing

Thanks
rvlv

Well that sums up the question in a nutshell

2008 is getting better

I have used omnitrader for many years, and yes I have made money with it and also lost a bit, but now with 2008 they have seemed to make some very nice improvements to accuracy and they way in which it works, also has some nice tools to help you to make decisions. I guess its one of those things the more you get into it and learn how to use it the more likely you are to make money. So far I have a lot more confidence in OT than I have in the previous versions, I have run tests and practiced at it, and is proving to be quite accurate, I deal in AUS stocks!

Hope this helps a bit, can ask me more questions if like.