Obviously mentally ill posters

arabianights

Legendary member
Is there any obligation on the T2W staff to do something?

E.g. temp ban them, report to friends/family (if known), seek medical advice, send them to citybulls....

As far as I am aware, none of the T2W staff are medically qualified to diagnose mental illness from anyone posting and as such there is no obligation to do anything.

Paul

Trader333 is absolutely correct, IMO.
Members are free to post what they want - provided that they remain within the site guidelines and, the last time I checked, there's no guideline concerning mental health!
;)
Tim.

Trader333 is absolutely correct, IMO.
Members are free to post what they want - provided that they remain within the site guidelines and, the last time I checked, there's no guideline concerning mental health!
;)
Tim.

Both of you should stop playing smart ass. Guidelines you refer to and T2W's '' duty to care'' to its members (this duty becomes inherent when T2W call itself a community)
not the same thing. May be that nothing can be done, but responsible approach would be at least try to ascertain what is the truth if possible.

Both of you should stop playing smart ass. Guidelines you refer to and T2W's '' duty to care'' to its members (this duty becomes inherent when T2W call itself a community)
not the same thing. May be that nothing can be done, but responsible approach would be at least try to ascertain what is the truth if possible.

There's no money in banning mad members who continually refresh the screen by posting + drawing views which once again refresh and bring in adv revenue

Money > b1tches

You can't expect t2w staff to monitor or make clinical judgements about any member allegedly being mentallly ill.

After all anybody who works for t2w must themselves be out of their minds anyway :)

E.g. temp ban them, report to friends/family (if known), seek medical advice, send them to citybulls....

Mentality ill. Would this include persons that send live hamsters through the post Mr Nights?

Both of you should stop playing smart ass

This is not an issue of being clever in answers, what I said is true and the duty of care comments are not applicable to any of the posts that AN is referring to. They are in the Foyer where members are free to post on subjects outside of trading. If you don't like what is being posted then click the ignore button.

Paul

This is not an issue of being clever in answers, what I said is true and the duty of care comments are not applicable to any of the posts that AN is referring to. They are in the Foyer where members are free to post on subjects outside of trading. If you don't like what is being posted then click the ignore button.
Paul

I did. But it says ''Sorry trader 333 is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.''

Paul

Paul,

This has nothing to do with whether one 'likes' the content of the messages. It has to do with what said content says about the health of the writer - and that really ought to be of t2w's concern.

Let's imagine, for example, if Masquerade posted that he was going to jump off Tower Bridge at 8am next Tuesday because they had just split up with his girlfriend of three days. Of course one's initial reaction would (as it should) be lulzy mick taking, but if it became apparent that he was sincere... are you really saying you guys shouldn't do anything? There's a difference between amoral, which this place probably should be, and immoral, which is what said inaction probably would be.

Now this case is admittedly nowhere near so clear cut, but it doesn't seem right to flippantly dismiss it either.

I did. But it says ''Sorry trader 333 is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.''

Sorry you you feel that way, I am not a moderator and have no power of to edit posts and was answering a question from what I believe to be the case.

Paul