OANDA FXGame Trade

Ok thats it !

I seem to be out of step today so stopping today at £1,029.88 up £129.15 on the day and up £405.06 from start. Should of been up at £1,100 but just got it wrong this afternoon.

Step back in tomorrow, working nights tonight so will hit the market Tuesday afternoon, Still up beat as today was still my biggest earn to date and still not had a losing day so its all still going in the right direction.

Ok thats it !

I seem to be out of step today so stopping today at £1,029.88 up £129.15 on the day and up £405.06 from start. Should of been up at £1,100 but just got it wrong this afternoon.

Step back in tomorrow, working nights tonight so will hit the market Tuesday afternoon, Still up beat as today was still my biggest earn to date and still not had a losing day so its all still going in the right direction.

Could you post charts of entry and exit?

Then save them for study in your down time.

Could you post charts of entry and exit?

Then save them for study in your down time.

I gotta work out how to do that.

I made a fatal mistake today panicking over a trade in hindsight I let go good Long positions on the GBP/USD. But thats what the demo is for to iron out these mistakes before going live.

Sick is not that I am a bit upset with my performance today even though it was my best day yet, Oh what could of been lol :)

No open positions now but going to have a look before I go back to work.

downarrow.jpg
[/IMG]

About go bust !!!!

You're not the first and won't be the last for sure. As long as you learn money and risk management, brush yourself off and start all over again. Good luck!

Hovering just above a margin call !

Tried get recover quick so laid on 10% spreads to be hit with EUR/USD & AUD/JPY to drop through the floor. Need full point to recover on each OUCH !!!!

wHY DID i NOT STICK TO 2%

Thats it MARGIN CALL !

Dropped to £426.77 crazy

Oh well just to show I'm not ready to go live yet, making last week £50-£100 per day to lose over £600 in two days to be nearly £200 down from start.

Ok off to the day job and dreams of working from home to be still a dream at this point but hey down not out lol

"wHY DID i NOT STICK TO 2%"

Fear. Along with greed, you must control it and cut your losses quickly and let your profits run.

Rebound To Profits

"wHY DID i NOT STICK TO 2%"

Fear. Along with greed, you must control it and cut your losses quickly and let your profits run.

Back in control !!!

Yesterday got hit Margin Call trying to chase loses and raised my 2% per trade to 10% and above. As I hit Long it would go short and even though I know to cut loses I let them run and run to bust.

Went down to £426.77 but as Tenapenny said brush yourself and get back in, I was down but not out.

From Trading last night and setting up orders over night I'm back up to £729.84 which is my worst and best day.

Worst for letting emotion take over my trade but best for being able to re focus and make £303.07 to get back into profit.

I have really noticed last week when I had time off I had the time to look at the market watch Bloomberg and soak up information but this week with working I felt out of step like I'm one step behind the market.

I can see with the balance I got their is no get rich quick rather jog along nicking a profit here and there like I was last week.

I gotta keep those emotions in check as when I do go live I will be only funding an account with £200.00 so I will have to be disciplined then.

Ok got till 3pm today so lets go hit the desk :cool:

Make sure if you win, increase your size, if you lose decrease your size. Make sure you risk exactly the right amount. Otherwise you'll end up bust. HTH :).

At open today £642.47 and over night upto £729.84, just end session upto £801.09

I class open & close as Midnight to Midnight, so since today 00:00 to now 13.43 made
£158.62 profit.

Heading back in the right direction and will trade again tomorrow, I have no open positions at this point.

Patience!!! Don't Chase Trades

Hi JD

Wait for the right price to reveal itself to you

Don't chase trades - Think like terminator - Think about your casualties and why they happened - Limit your trades to only 1 to 3 at a time and place your stops accordingly

Cheers
CC

Sometimes life is funny.

Picked up a fare last night and the guy was a TRADER !

Had a good chat and gave me his card and he is putting me on a seminar next week at ODL MARKETS.

So got home went to their site to find the basic account has not deposit minimum so put on £20 which will clear tomorrow.

So lets see how that goes lol Just for fun

Spread Betting | ODL Markets

Your account swings in percentage terms are massive. You are NOT ready for real cash account yet. I've been doing this for 10 years now and I feel lucky if I make between 0.8% and 1% in a week.

Save your money and keep with the demo - you WILL wipe out - only then can you start the 'reflect and review' process which will cause you to learn some basic math.

Steve.

Your account swings in percentage terms are massive. You are NOT ready for real cash account yet. I've been doing this for 10 years now and I feel lucky if I make between 0.8% and 1% in a week.

Save your money and keep with the demo - you WILL wipe out - only then can you start the 'reflect and review' process which will cause you to learn some basic math.

Steve.

Yep its all a learning curve thats why I'm on the demo until I can be consistent, will jump into ODL next week for a bit of fun.

1% over a week I take it your not living off your account ?

Cheers for the imput all comments very welcome to me the newbie, I ready and willing to take on any advice.

Cheers and Good Trading

Have to agree with Steve. To be sustainable you have to limit risk. Making 10%+ a day means you are taking on high levels of risk.

It's all very well doubling your money in a week - I think anyone here could do that on a good week with risks - but to be successful over long term you have to reproduce profits week after week and not suffer a setback loss - that is where the real challenge of trading lies.