November 05 crude contract

Joules MM1

Established member
Any views on the November price?

There appears to be a general view (media et al) of crude backing off its parabolic ride.

A large correction appears to me to be near an end and presents an opportunity to go long crude.

Below the current price (as I type 6211US/bbl) there appears a cluster of support at 61.56-61.68 and not much else below that.

The challenge for the bullish pit crew is for a buying spree to ignite, pre-media hype, followed by strong upward break-out from this area. What is vital is for the upward impulsive pattern to ensue, BEFORE any cyclic external cause, as an intrinsic buying rush is much more stable than a whipping, news induced, spike, as we saw yesterday when the media report (a pathetic attempt to push up the market by the pit bulls) saw the price make .60 whip only to be fully retraced.

To capture the best part of the move the long position just above 61.56-61.68 with a stop just below as any news induced spike, once that low is established, will likely miss the low.

The nearby Fibonacci cluster of support (or resistance if you prefer short) meets several pattern relationships and the downward momentum is much lower relative to the top 22/09/05 and this comined with the general lack of angst in the media points towards (at the minimum) a low being established just below 6200 to 6156.

Crude has for a long time endeared (as most commodities do) its price extremes towards Fibonacci ratio. I think we are about to see a bottom inplace.

======================================================================

Addendum:

I neglected to mention that a common wave relationship of A to C is 138.2% and this wouldmake a triple cluster of support at 60.90/bbl

Attachments

• Crude Nov 6211 to 6090.JPG
    Crude Nov 6211 to 6090.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
excellent interpretation of the charts, most interesting to watch that setup evolve today.

Though I had the LOD at $60.70 on reuters terminal, not sure why there would be a difference

Are you actually short or is this paper trading because you would have to be either extremely lucky, foolish, or inexperienced to put a stop only 18 ticks above the fill price in one of the most volatile contracts you can trade.

Also - the "very" short term trend is up and the IEA reports are out today. I would suggest being flat because as you can see, the market is waiting for them, before it decides where to go.

mr j...do you take into account that last week of trading sometimes incurs vicious moves not necassarily party to any pattern? also, i wonder if you chart the spds at all eg now, u'd follow dec/jan..