Not possible to valide most techniques

zbynek79

Hi all,

I am not able to use aprox. 90% of techniques (indicators, strategies,...) because they fail to verify on elementary functions. For example I get the error "Word not recognised by EasyLanguage" even on functions like RSI which to my understanding are absolutely elementary.

I am using TS 8.1 build 2826.

Any ideas where the problem is?

Thanks Zbynek

jm99 said:
post an example of the code and i will try and verify

E.g source code of standard RSI indicator which comes with TS installation:

inputs:
Price( Close ),
Length( 14 ),
OverSold( 30 ),
OverBought( 70 ),
OverSColor( Cyan ),
OverBColor( Red ) ;

variables:
RSIValue( 0 ) ;

RSIValue = RSI( Price, Length ) ;

Plot1( RSIValue, "RSI" ) ;
Plot2( OverBought, "OverBot" ) ;
Plot3( OverSold, "OverSld" ) ;

{ Color criteria }
if RSIValue > OverBought then
SetPlotColor( 1, OverBColor )
else if RSIValue < OverSold then
SetPlotColor( 1, OverSColor ) ;

{ Alert criteria }
if RSIValue crosses over OverSold then
Alert( "Indicator exiting oversold zone" )
else if RSIValue crosses under OverBought then
Alert( "Indicator exiting overbought zone" ) ;

{ ** Copyright (c) 1991-2003 TradeStation Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. **
** TradeStation reserves the right to modify or overwrite this analysis technique
with each release. ** }

Let me add that the code above fails on folling row
RSIValue = RSI( Price, Length ) ;

with "Word not recognized by EasyLanguage" error message on RSI function

I imagine you do not have averified function library then. The indicator is calling defined functions but these functions must also be present and verified. Check them out and if missing then download TS again or if there verify them all before trying to apply indicators.

Thanks TWI, but how do I find out if function library is present? Are these functions in any dll library or something like that? It really looks that the definition of these elementary functions is completely missing.
I already tried to verify all but it did not help.

it should verify. what happens when you right click on the rsi part of RSIValue = RSI( Price, Length ) ;.....you should be able to "open the fuction"??

as tw said, reinstall or call tradestation support.

when you "open easylanguage document" you should be able to "select analysis type" (function,indicator,paintbar,strategy etc). If you see no function in there then they are missing. It is a huge job to write these yourself so you need to get hold of them.