NorthFinance - any good?

notouch

Someone recommended http://www.northfinance.com/ in a thread a few months ago but I can't find any other comments on them. I'm trying to get away from the spread betting and forex bucketshops like IG and FXCM because they are unreliable around the times of economic releases, particularly non-farm payrolls, which is when I trade. Could anyone recommend NorthFinance or any other good broker?

E-Gold payment, free Visa Electron card etc. Haven't used them but it looks to me like they're targetting amateurs, hyip addicts and gamblers going by their site. I may well be wrong!

Try Money Garden (www.MGForex.com) instead. Fast java platform with better charting than other java based platforms, reliable established name, dependable in volatile conditions in my experience.

Forex brokers

You're right, they look like a complete Mickey Mouse outfit and I can't think why anyone would recommend them. MGForex spreads seem a bit wide - 5 pips for cable and swissie. I was looking at InterbankFX, FXDD and Hotspotfx for tighter spreads, but you may have to pay a price for tight spreads in terms of dependability. Also I don't like these unregulated US companies where you have to pay to withdraw your own funds. I think Saxobank would be a good option but not sure about their execution. I just need somewhere to trade until I'm trading enough for an IB account.

What you say about the spreads is true, but they are quite consistent around news. I don't focus too much on trading news myself but I do trade the various yen pairs which MG is an ideal broker for. Their spreads on Aud/Jpy and Gbp/Jpy for example are fine for me especially considering volatility of Gbp/Jpy.

What I really like is the java charting. While I also use Oanda (for Euro and cable trades mainly), the java charting on Oanda is little use imo as it can't be customised and stored in the same way as MG's charts. Java charting is essential to me as I'm on the move a lot but trade intraday so I like to march into Internet Cafes, push students out of the way, and act like Gordon Gecko for 20 minutes or so. :LOL: