None so Blind

I wonder if anyone has anything interesting to say about the thread topic? It would certainly be more interesting than hogging up screen real estate for the purpose of insulting and baiting each other.....

JO

I was just wondering when the mods would step in . Thanks !

You have rescued an otherwise totally sabotaged thread . I was resigned to continuing the topic on another thread.

Hang in there , I have some more but that must wait til I have filled my belly . :)

so some proof as to what I say .

circa mid 90's , east asian market boom - I a proprietary broker whose clients inculed the in house traders for - Merril's , Hoare govett , UBS .

The small market is now going through thr roof as daily volumes peak out. Every month small caps would make all time highs , all you had to do was buy at a good level and sometimes the price would double within a few days . For a stock that's a lot , hard for an index to double harder for a stock .

loads of people were getting rich .

enter my firm's " in house trading team " - bunch of pencil necked dweebs with michael douglas pretensions plus 1 very hot chick.

so the months pass , and the market roars ahead , a few months down the line and some very large rumours start cirulating around the firm - the in house people made a LOSS !!

how does someone make a loss in this kind of market ? it's like going long and losing in the dotcom boom !!

but lose thay did . the team disbands , the " head " sacked .

But Miss hotchick - giess what a famous US bank snaps her up . How's that ? how does a losing trader get another trading job at such a huge bank ?

why do you think ? it certainly wasn't her trading skills or academic qualifications

It was the head of trading's fantasies that did , and ironically he didn't even get anything out of her if you know what I mean .

there you go .