New Traderpedia

How do you think you will interact with the Traderpedia?

• Will definitely use it and contribute

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Will use it and might contribute

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Will use it, but probably won't contribute

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Not particulary interested

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters

Rhody Trader

T2W recently launched the Traderpedia, a member-driven information resource of trading-related information. In what manner do you think you will interact with it?

Rhody

I voted the not interested, because, as I understand it, I could post something that took some time to put together, and have someone else come along and delete, edit the lot. What a waste of time.

Cheers d998

ducati998 said:
Rhody

I voted the not interested, because, as I understand it, I could post something that took some time to put together, and have someone else come along and delete, edit the lot. What a waste of time.

Cheers d998

True, that could happen. We do, however, have the ability to roll-back any alterations that are made. That allows us to prevent malicious, or just simply misguided, editting from having a permanent impact.

Duc,

If anyone deleted an article or edited it in an obviously destructive manner then we'd most likely roll back the page to an older version. Every previous version of an edited page is kept, so your work would not be lost. The point of the open-source approach is that articles can grow and become more comprehensive, perhaps encompassing several points of view contributed by different members.