New Folder - Windows XP/Vista

new_trader

Legendary member
Does anyone know if you can change the default name from being "New Folder" to being the Date and Time it was created?

Default New Folder

:smart: Sure!

Go to Google, and search for "Resource Hacker"
Run the program and open Shell32.dll in "X:\Windows\System32 \" ,where X refers your System Drive.

Navigate to: Strings\ 1896\ 1030

You will find in the right pane “New Folder”. Change it to “New Trader” or "Confidencial" or "AKRAM", whatever you like!

Choose "Compile Script" from the Menu. Save it as shell32.dll in the desktop, but beware of saving it in "x:\windows\system32"

Go to Google, and search for "Replacer"
Run the program, drag Shell32.dll in "X:\Windows\System32 \" and drop it on Replacer's window, then press enter.
Drag the Shell32.dll that you saved in the desktop and drop it on "Replacer's window and press enter.
The Replacer will prompt you to agree, press y then press enter.

Restart your pc to see changes.

Best Wishes

I got these steps from "riteshhowto.wordpress.com" under an article titled "Rename New Folder".

I found that website after 4 hours of searching! Now I will Spread the INFORMATION, so do you!

Tarek!

It has been so long I forgot what my question was..

I actually solved the problem by buying a mini USB keyboard, but thanks anyway Tarek. Good one.

You will need software as Windows File Protection (WFP) Switcher, WFP service so that you can easily modify system files, to edit a system file "Shell32.dll" which is stored in "%windir%\System32" folder, here %windir% means "C:\Windows" folder if your Windows is installed in C: drive.