New CMC= No re-quotes?

jkplay

Had a call the other day from CMC about a demo I set up on the new platform. Apparently existing account holders have to set up a new account for the new platform and there are no re-quotes!

Does this sound too good to be true?

Had a call the other day from CMC about a demo I set up on the new platform. Apparently existing account holders have to set up a new account for the new platform and there are no re-quotes!

Not really, they probably can afford it through wider spread.

I've had an account for years and they haven't called me.

What happens when the price changes after you click to trade and before they have completed the order, I know this may be only a fraction of a second time window but just after some important news prices can change in this time. Surely they have to requote then?

Would like to try this, if so. I am demoing at the moment. I dont get requotes, but you hardly ever do on demo acs anyway.

CMC are the old Deal4free, which traders named steal4free, in my opinion and experience they are a bunch of barrow boys and crooks, only God knows how they are still going, then again, they target noobs with 1k accounts then clean them out, plenty of greedy noobs to feed these pigs unfortunately. Successful traders get booted by them.

Keep seeing ads for the new platform and wondering whether to fund my long-unused account and try CMC again. Anyone tried it?

Keep seeing ads for the new platform and wondering whether to fund my long-unused account and try CMC again. Anyone tried it?
According to what I have read it is quite a sophisticated platform. Many good SB's around though, so the spread is important. Do you know the spread on the indices, FTSE, DAX, Dow and the Nasdaq?

According to what I have read it is quite a sophisticated platform. Many good SB's around though, so the spread is important. Do you know the spread on the indices, FTSE, DAX, Dow and the Nasdaq?

gle i not sure about the sophisticated platform. I downloaded the demo the
other and thought i was about 12 and was about to play a game of space
invaders.

Utter crap if you ask me.(n)

invaders.

Well, I haven't even tested the demo platform, so I can't really tell.

I have, they are even dumb enough to be up to their old tricks on the demo platform! Slippaged galore (slow times) and being stopped out when price hasn't hit your stop. Couple that with very poor charting, why should we bother? I know I'm not, they were bad when they were Sdeal4Free, you would've thought with so much broker choice now they would have grown up and started to be honest - no chance.

invaders.

Second that !

They have called me 3 times now !
I told them, if that is going to be the new platform say good bye to all your clients as its rubbish.

Then he tried to get me to deposit some cash. I said " Have you just heard what I said ?"

"ITS RUBBISH" lol

Looks good if you never traded before :idea: that's why

They haven't called me since I said I stopped using them because the old platform was carp. Must have hurt their feelings.

Hi jkplay,
I came across your post 21/09/07 were you commented on Saxo Bank allowing stocks to be used as collateral for speculative trading.
I have been researching the use of shares as collateral for trading CFDs and was under the impression that Saxo only started allowing shares as collateral for this purpose to "retail investors" in Dec 2009.
Can you confirm that your post included CFDs and Retail Investors please?

mossyboss@gmail,com

Thanks jb

Hi jkplay,
I came across your post 21/09/07 were you commented on Saxo Bank allowing stocks to be used as collateral for speculative trading.

I use a Saxo account and yes they allow you to use a percentage of your equity holdings as collateral for CFD's, Forex and Futures market trading. I dont know if they have differing rates depending on account type or MFID but they allow me 75% on FT100 stocks and 50% on FT250 stocks

You do need to keep a cash balance as well though to cover your trade risk or you'll end up margin called and possibly some forced selling of your equities. They are quite strict around margin and start sending warnings when you hit 90% of available margin useage.

Stu

Collateral Saxo

I use a Saxo account and yes they allow you to use a percentage of your equity holdings as collateral for CFD's, Forex and Futures market trading. I dont know if they have differing rates depending on account type or MFID but they allow me 75% on FT100 stocks and 50% on FT250 stocks

You do need to keep a cash balance as well though to cover your trade risk or you'll end up margin called and possibly some forced selling of your equities. They are quite strict around margin and start sending warnings when you hit 90% of available margin useage.

Stu

Hi Stu,
Thank you for your reply.
I know that Saxo currently allow the use of a percentage of equity holdings as collateral for CFD's, what I am trying to establish is The Date that they first started to allow this to Retail Client for trading CFDs

Jo