NEVER LOSE AGAIN!! TheRumpledOne

Here's something to think about:

I've looked at every entry from 7am onwards. The first figure is the first target, followed by multiples of that amount if reached. Target figures are as described eariler today and allowing for the extra 2 pips beyond the entry bar.

7am: 8 pips and a further 8 pips on top of that.
8am: 13 pips only
9am: 8 pips followed by a further 16 pips, followed by a further 32 pips.
10am: 11 pips only
11am: 11 pips only
12am: 11 pips only
1am: 13 pips only (was another 12 on top but it wasn't 13 so not counting)
2pm: -22 pips (loss)

Total for the today so far: 109 pips profit (131 - 22)

It will be interesting to see if an hourly pattern develops over the coming weeks...to be continued....

Bunny

p.s. I'm not sure about that 9am bar count, that would be for three targets so maybe the total for today so far should be 32 pips less? Hopefully if a pattern emerges from this we'll know which bars to try for 3 targets.

Last edited:
Here we go again...new hour opened at 1.2571, lowest reached before entry 1.2570, therefore stop at 1.2568. stop to entry is 8 pips, therefore target would be 1.2575 + 8.

Entry hit 1.2575, so first target would be 1.2583 (already hit as seen on chart)
2nd target would be 1.2599 (1.2583 + 16) if seen
3rd target would be 1.2631 (1.2599 + 32) if seen

Bunny

f0opqa.png

It was just the 8 pips for the 3pm bar to add to today's tally. Running total now stands at 117 pips profit give or take the 32 pips at 9am.

Bunny

Last edited:
Start a new one, like, "bunnygirl does it better" :)
Richard

Lol, can you imagine the reaction to that title? :LOL:

Bunny

p.s thnx for your reply, it's gone a bit quiet in here today, I'm just holding my breath for the next onslaught.

I do wish this thread had a different title, but I'm ploughing on regardless.

Bunny

I do think this is starting to get somewhere now. Keep it up. :)
Adding the different profit targets looks good- means you can benefit from larger moves.

I have a correction to make. the 8am bar only reached the bare 13pips, it wouldn't have hit the target if the 2 pip extra had been added to the stop :(

Bunny

Maybe we should start to think about when to move up stops? How about anything over 10 pip profit and don't take less than b/e as a simple suggestion?

Last edited:
Lol, can you imagine the reaction to that title? :LOL:

Bunny

p.s thnx for your reply, it's gone a bit quiet in here today, I'm just holding my breath for the next onslaught.

That's one reason it would attract a lot of views :)
Richard

I have a correction to make. the 8am bar only reached the bare 13pips, it wouldn't have hit the target if the 2 pip extra had been added to the stop :(

Bunny

Maybe we should start to think about when to move up stops? How about anything over 10 pip profit and don't take less than b/e as a simple suggestion?

I wonder what the difference would be between using a trailing stop as opposed to just waiting for price to hit either the stop or profit target.

Also might be worth looking at different values for a stop loss.

Perhaps you might want to factor in trendlines/support & resistance/moving average in some way too- to filter out trades that you shouldn't take.

Could also look at putting a time limit on trades if they begin to stall or slow down movement for a couple of minutes, to just close them so you don't risk a reversal, don't have to wait for a stop to be hit, yet lock in as much profit as possible.

Could go on but it will start to get more complicated which isn't really necessary. Anyway, lots of things to think about.

Another observation, and this goes back to a few days ago when I first started looking in to this method of trading....

I mentioned a possible filter of using 3 or more bars in the same direction preceeding the entry to keep out of unprofitable trades...well if you take a look again at the charts, you'll see that the only trade that didn't make a profit today so far is the 2pm bar..and just look at the 4 bars that came before the entry....there were 3 red bars (two of which were bigger than average) and the 4th was a doji. That was the only trade that had 3 or more bars in the same direction preceeding the entry.
More to think about.

If we're not counting the 3rd target at 9am does that mean we can discount the 2pm unprofitable one? :)

Bunny

Here's the 4pm trade so far. 1st & 2nd target hit already. There were two red bars preceeding the entry bar.

The new hour opened at 1.2508, highest reached was 1.2511 and as I'm typing this I've just realised I didn't add the extra 2 pips for the stops in my calculations so you'll need to adjust the profit levels slightly downwards as you look at them on my chart because I can't be bothered to do it all again.

so...stop would be at 1.2513 (2 pips beyond the bar), entry short 1.2500, first target 1.2487 for 13 pips profit, 2nd target 1.2461 for a further 26 pips profit. Both were easily reached as seen in the chart.
The lowest it went to was 1.2437, almost another 26 lower again, but fell short of the extra 52 pips for the 3rd target. It has since gone back above the original entry and also beyond the original stop, so in this instance bringing the remaining stops to breakeven would have been a good idea.

Bunny

2regmxe.png

I'm going to call it a day, it's Friday and there's loads to think about and loads of homework to do. Have a great weekend, see you Monday for more fun & games.

Bunny

:clap:

YAY Bunny!!

Not at my 'pooter today, but it looks like I'll get some time soon to take a look at 'THE RUMPLED BUNNY SYSTEM'. :cool:

I forgot to mention that would have been another 39 pips (13 + 26) for the 4pm trade. Total for today...156 pips profit, this includes the 3rd target at 9am and the 2pm unprofitable trade.

The result is as accurate as I can make it, and looking at the charts the profits are clear-cut with no grey areas, no ifs or buts, no discretionary entries, stops or exits. The only thing to do now is to see how easy it is to trade live in a fast moving market, but knowing your exits and risk beforehand should certainly help with pulling the trigger. Don't forget a fast moving market can also work to your advantage in some cases as shown by the 4pm trade.

Bunny

If anyone is still reading this thread some feedback or indeed your own observations and ideas on the above posts would be very much apreciated. I've had enough of the negative feedback, so please anything constrctive if you can. This is not my thread, not my system, I'm sick of taking the flack. All I'm trying to do is make it into something that could work.

Bunny

Bunny,
Thank you for your contributions and charts.
Yes, there must be quite a few people reading this thread.

I wondered why the forum didn't have an ignore feature and finally found it yesterday, by clicking a person's nickname there's a choice of either "add to contacts" or "ignore". From this point on anyone who has nothing positive to add to this thread gets tossed immediately in the bin and never to return. Those with nothing better to do shall take up no more space on MY screen.

This thread reminds me of Jonathan Livingston Seagull.

Squackers unanonymous.

There's no reason to feel sick about them, anyway they can't fly. :D

Hope you're having a great day. :)

I forgot to mention that would have been another 39 pips (13 + 26) for the 4pm trade. Total for today...156 pips profit, this includes the 3rd target at 9am and the 2pm unprofitable trade.

The result is as accurate as I can make it, and looking at the charts the profits are clear-cut with no grey areas, no ifs or buts, no discretionary entries, stops or exits. The only thing to do now is to see how easy it is to trade live in a fast moving market, but knowing your exits and risk beforehand should certainly help with pulling the trigger. Don't forget a fast moving market can also work to your advantage in some cases as shown by the 4pm trade.

Bunny

Hi Bunny,
Thanks for giving this a fair shake before jumping to any conclusions as some others have. The erroneous perception of the title does not mean a trader will Never Lose "any" of their trades, but at the end of the day, or week, as you've seen, you should come out ahead in the end. It needs practise at first of course, and just a few good trades a day to increase your balance by at least 2% per day, increasing the lot size in proportion, not the pips. Just remember to not be greedy or overtrade.

I'd also select a pair that has a little more range to the hourly candles, and just stick to the one pair.

:)