My trading strat.......

Just sticking with basics for now

Scott,

looks interesting. I assume when the signals are out of sync you are just going short on the 2nd histo bar instead of going long. Are there any other criteria you are using ? or just the bars are out of sync so I will hit the market the opposite way ?

+48.6 for the day. Stupidly decided not to trade after midday. Plenty of opps this pm.

hi ceydababy,

well, just for the moment i am concentrating on the simple basics of your system and getting that down. But i think being able to identify the out-of-sync movements and what might be triggered has kept me out of so many bad trades today. In fact I didn't make any until 11:14am. I missed a really good short signal at 10:17am but i was a bit slow and falling asleep at that moment. the 1m, 2m, 3, and 15m lined up almost perfectly at that time. i wonder if you saw it? i was happy to get +14.70 today. Think i will call it quits now.

thanks for your system, i love it and has given me lots more focus on my early endeavours into daytrading. funny thing is, the better i do the more cautious i become. I don't think for a moment that this is easy or that i am any good at it. Its one of the toughest things i've ever done, in terms of its effect on my nerves! i've gone from making 20 trades in a day, to 1 or 2 in a few hours! much better! make more profit and have more time to enjoy the rest of the day!

just out of curiousity, i remember you mentioning in one of your posts about using the MACD signal line as a trend direction filter. Well, i've been working on that one and i think it has promise. Especially looking at the MACD line of higher timeframes. So if a short signal was given, and the MACD line was below 0 and heading down that was an extra confirmation for me that the trade might be good. And the opposite for long trades. Don't know what you think about that, or if you tested it yourself.

Anyway, using the 50 SMA and the MACD signal line below or above 0, certainly reduces the number of possible trades to enter. Which is good, because it will keep me out of most of the bad ones and increase my chances of taking the higher probability trades.

Hope you had a good morning,
Scott

Dont you gays know that -if a booker dont offer DMA quote system ,everything(including price chart,bid/offer) is quite different than real world?

I have recently read these threads with interest as this looks like a really useful system although there has not been discussion for a few months now, is anyone still trading this ??

I have tried this out on the footsie over the last couple of days and am finding a great deal of false signals, is anyone else finding the same ? If anyone has any views comments or any tweaks to the strategy it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks Adam

I have recently read these threads with interest as this looks like a really useful system although there has not been discussion for a few months now, is anyone still trading this ??

I have tried this out on the footsie over the last couple of days and am finding a great deal of false signals, is anyone else finding the same ? If anyone has any views comments or any tweaks to the strategy it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks Adam

That's what you will get with with any trading 'system'. Tweak it yourself, then tweak it again, and again, and again ad nauseam... You will never eliminate false signals.

Agreed, I have been the best trader in the world........ when trading this without real money, I just wanted to understand if anyone was still trading this system as it looks to have real value. I just wondered if anyone was applying any tweaks that helps to elimate some of these bad signals. As there had been no discussion on this subject for a few months I also wondered if this system was still proving to be tradable over a longer term period.

Regards

Adam.

Thanks Adam

I don't trade the system, but it looks ok.

My system is based on Oscillator Divergence and I find I have an overall +/- 80% strike rate trading the morning footy session, so to improve this strategy, I would suggest adding a bit of divergence trading to get rid of some of the false signals.

In my humble opinion, any trading strat using indicators should include a leading indicator rather than just lagging ones. You need to know what going to happen, not what's just happened :clap:

NK

I don't trade the system, but it looks ok.

My system is based on Oscillator Divergence and I find I have an overall +/- 80% strike rate trading the morning footy session, so to improve this strategy, I would suggest adding a bit of divergence trading to get rid of some of the false signals.

In my humble opinion, any trading strat using indicators should include a leading indicator rather than just lagging ones. You need to know what going to happen, not what's just happened :clap:

NK

The system being discussed is one that I came up with a while back, operating purely on the keep it as simple as possible. I have since moved on from this setup and use my own take on a setup from trading-naked.com.

Agree entirely with Nick, that if this setup was used with divergence a lot of the false moves would be removed and the hit rate would increase.

On back testing hitting this 12-34-9 on the FTSE using a 5min t/f over a month gave a winning trade rate just over 60%. Not the greatest but certainly not the worst. As I say though I have moved on from this setup to something that gives a better hit rate !

i just checked out trading-naked.com and it appears the site is not available yet (under construction). Would be interested in anyones additional tools they use to avoid the false moves.

i just checked out trading-naked.com and it appears the site is not available yet (under construction). Would be interested in anyones additional tools they use to avoid the false moves.

Yes it's down for a much needed revamp. As Nick has said and I agree Divergance is the way to filter the wheat from the chaff on this setup.

Can you link me to the strat you use and whats the gain rate? Thanks Tlee ;)

Strat being used isn't posted here.....12-34-9 is a little hit or miss. In the right market conditions you will make bundles, when it enters a choppy period you can get boned.

hi, i have just been revisiting this strategy, as per ceydababy's comments, this will make easy pickings in volatile markets but will frustrate the hell out of you in a trending period. I still can't help but think with a few tweaks there is some potential here....is anyone out there still trading using this strategy and if so how do you deal with trending phases ?

hi, i have just been revisiting this strategy, as per ceydababy's comments, this will make easy pickings in volatile markets but will frustrate the hell out of you in a trending period. I still can't help but think with a few tweaks there is some potential here....is anyone out there still trading using this strategy and if so how do you deal with trending phases ?

in a nutshell same indicator and look for divergence of every kind.

im using divergence like you but i wait for a trendline break and a cci s or r first, still this only produces 6.5/10 winners and i more or less breakeven. Im currently working on ways to get an even better edge, reading news and bringing that in and using level 2 data t&s. I think personally my strategy TA wise is about as good as you can get it, but i think combining some other factors now with it is the way to go. Reading the dom and level 2 is a great skill in itself and most of the succesful traders like rotter use it so this is what im trying to learn now to introduce in my strategy as this will narrow down bad entries.

im using divergence like you but i wait for a trendline break and a cci s or r first, still this only produces 6.5/10 winners and i more or less breakeven. Im currently working on ways to get an even better edge, reading news and bringing that in and using level 2 data t&s. I think personally my strategy TA wise is about as good as you can get it, but i think combining some other factors now with it is the way to go. Reading the dom and level 2 is a great skill in itself and most of the succesful traders like rotter use it so this is what im trying to learn now to introduce in my strategy as this will narrow down bad entries.

for what its worth i dont think level 2 is the place to look to try and refine this. if you have a 6.5% hit rate and your breaking even what is your r/r ratio?