My strategy for FTSE and other indices

addisor

My first post, be gentle.
Just opened an IG account to trade CFD's. At the mo I am only trading indices, and mini contracts at that. been buying 0.05 contracts and have had success and loss, no surprise there. Then decided I'd better start on a strategy, did some research and came up with this.

Use a chart:
Set Exponential MA10, normal MA20 & 100 for trends and look to trade if EMA10 crosses MA20. To assist this I have added RSI, using the 50 line as a trigger to trade if complemented with a SMA crossover. I always have a 30-50 point stop loss in and an open limit. Can anyone help to improve this, with simple advice.

thanks rob

dont think you need to add lots more simpel is good,also tradeing with a demo account first is best, if you cant stay + on a demo account real money wont work either, after that spend 8 10 hours a day watching price action for as long as it takes :eek: :sleep: :eek: :sleep:

thanks for that, great explanation of S & R. in summary, it appears that dependent on levels of Support or resistance the market will not bust these threshold anytime soon?