My spreadbetting scalping technique

"To confirm this trade, I use the black (ema8) to cross the (ema12) line up for long and down for short."

Trading strategy

Ajs5274,

Out of interest, what is your entry point on? Do you wait for confirmation for the black EMA to cross the light blue line? Or do enter sooner when the orange line crosses black line?

Cheers,
Mikey

p.s I've been using a similar strategy, although not with DI.

I had been waiting for when the orange line to cross the black line and the DI indicator is => +/- 15 for the strength of the direction.

I have now changed the way I trade a little and do not use the DI indicator anymore. At present my new way seems to be a better win ratio. Its early days though ;)

I can see that you'd get in a trade earlier. It must make for a LOT of trades in one session? How many positions have you opened and closed in a day?

Trades

I can see that you'd get in a trade earlier. It must make for a LOT of trades in one session? How many positions have you opened and closed in a day?

I tend to only trade the FTSE an hour at around 12 oclock and sometimes on Dow around 8pm.

Maybe 2 decent trades an hour.

I am winning 60%+ of the times but not happy with the sleepy platform e.g. have to wait 30+ seconds to get quote, sometimes it times out a several times, was in profit but they wouldn't let me out by not giving me a closing price for ages etc. sb firms are market of their own and what I find is that if real FTSE was going up, they'd go down etc.

trying to scalp under these conditions must be a nightmare.
I presume you're in the UK?
If you only have an hour or so, why don't you consider position trading using daily charts on US stocks and indeces ? Your UK lunchbreak should be just before the US markets open so you could use your time to analyse and set up Stop-Buy or Stop-Sell trades to (hopefully) take effect while you're back at work.
Believe me, you'd find it a lot less stressful, and you'd benefit from a reduction in trading activity = trading costs.

Or even 4 hour charts on Forex. Lunchtime you're obviously in the middle of the London session and the US sessions starts at 14:00GMT I think ? Set the trade triggers at lunch then see if you're in action when you finish work.

IMHO, Rathcoole