My Recommendation

Well at least you are aware of the important risk event of the day. I absolutely guarantee there are millions of traders out there happily sitting there thinking their undisciplined technical analysis on far too short term a chart is really relevant in this situation, risking being totally blown out of the water without giving themselves the slightest hope of an edge doing what they're doing.

Such a waste of money...

TBH G.J. I used to panic, get primed, ready for the 'call to action' for the big news events... Now my swing trading strategy is simplified I take the following view; If I'm not in a trade according to my rules before the news, then I'm not looking for a new trade until after the news has had its impact.

At my stage of learning/development it's v. difficult to have conflicting strats. running simultaneously whilst trading/monitoring 9 pairs. Given that GDP didn't spike both ways yesterday there was a slam dunk way to ensure you made a quick pip profit, however, that wouldn't have made that much gain on my overall pip gain this week.

In one sense I'm pleased with my emotional development in so much I can comfortably witness such spikes without the need to be in it...if that makes sense...;)

Recommendation was (n) :: From here i see that the market will GO Down
So ::

Sell Cable @ 1.6520
Stop loss @ 1.6620
Target@ 1.6420

R/R
:idea::idea:

what was the conclusion to this trade?
got pretty near the profit target by about 30-40 pips, but I think it may have got stopped out for a 100 pip loss, unless you moved your SL.

what was the conclusion to this trade?
got pretty near the profit target by about 30-40 pips, but I think it may have got stopped out for a 100 pip loss, unless you moved your SL.

nice one trendie, took me a while to get your tounge in cheek humour...it was wasn't it? :eek: Of course it was...:D

In one sense I'm pleased with my emotional development in so much I can comfortably witness such spikes without the need to be in it...if that makes sense...;)

Makes sense to me. For similar reasons I decided to stay away from FX entirely during this period, although if I could have given it my full attention I might have been able to do something with it.

As it was I decided to stay with something else that needed a lot of attention and was not directly affected by QE etc (I think it was indirectly, but it didn't seem to throw my current strategy off to any wild degree).