My Name is Grant Olsen: I Am A DayTrader

Of course, it's not just about hardware - oh no.

To be successful, a trader also needs a few indicators. This is a partial list of what I keep on my charts:

Accelerator/Decelerator Oscillator (AC), Accumulation/Distribution Line (A/D), Alligator, Aroon and Aroon Oscillator, Average Directional Index (ADX), Average True Range (ATR), Bollinger Bands, Bollinger Band Width, Commodity Channel Index (CCI), Chaikin Money Flow, Chaikin Oscillator, DeMarker (DeM), Elder-rays, Envelopes, Fractals, Gator Oscillator, Ichmoku Kinko Hyo, MACD, Momentum, Money Flow Index (MFI), Moving Average Envelope, Moving averages, On Balance Volume (OBV), Open interest, Parabolic SAR, Pivot Points on Price, Price Channels, Price Oscillator, Price Relative, Price By Volume, Rabbitt Q-StockRank, Rate of Change, Relative Strength Index (RSI), Standard deviation, Stochastic Oscillator, Stochastic RSI, TRIX, Ultimate Oscillator, Williams %R, ZigZag, Absolute Price Oscillator.

There's not a lot of room left for price, to be honest.

hmmm....thought you'd been busy somewhere, helluva EA potential there buddy, any backtest results? :D

This is a partial list of what I keep on my charts:

Accelerator/Decelerator Oscillator (AC), Accumulation/Distribution Line (A/D), Alligator, Aroon and Aroon Oscillator, Average Directional Index (ADX), Average True Range (ATR), Bollinger Bands, Bollinger Band Width, Commodity Channel Index (CCI), Chaikin Money Flow, Chaikin Oscillator, DeMarker (DeM), Elder-rays, Envelopes, Fractals, Gator Oscillator, Ichmoku Kinko Hyo, MACD, Momentum, Money Flow Index (MFI), Moving Average Envelope, Moving averages, On Balance Volume (OBV), Open interest, Parabolic SAR, Pivot Points on Price, Price Channels, Price Oscillator, Price Relative, Price By Volume, Rabbitt Q-StockRank, Rate of Change, Relative Strength Index (RSI), Standard deviation, Stochastic Oscillator, Stochastic RSI, TRIX, Ultimate Oscillator, Williams %R, ZigZag, Absolute Price Oscillator.

Bit too dark-side for my liking mate.

I would prefer more indicators just to be on the safe side.

Lol Maiden that made me chuckle. I have 2 apple cores from last week and a black cat that sometimes comes and advises me on the state of play. My monitor is a state of the art 17" Belinea CRT from the year or our lord 2000. My wife gave up cleaning my little den years ago and if she dares come in I have to re scentmark the keyboard.

Maiden, you missed off the TFP (triple face palm) strat...pffttt...!! :D

To be successful, a trader also needs a few indicators. This is a partial list of what I keep on my charts:

Just had six 212-inch monitors delivered and will try your set-up today. Can you tell me what your MACD settings are, please?

PS. Is it better to use Heikin-Ashi candles?

Damn. Just tried putting this lot on. Someone said iSwim was stable... PAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :LOL:

There are many different ways to skin a cat. Here is a good example of what I consider over-kill, but what another considers his bread & butter.

Proof positive in my mind that NO approach to the market - as long as it works - it be wrong.

[youtube]bRC7JElcoHg[/youtube]

;)

Well OK why not, each to their own and all that.

But no one should really think all that is necessary like GJ remarked.

This guy here is a long running CME member who trades electronically from home and made an audited 1,6 mill US$ in 2008 using all of one single laptop displaying a couple MA's, bands and an oscillator is all.

http://donmillerjournal.blogspot.com/

KISS in both approach and technical setup, yet that income of > than one million p.a. places him in the 0.30 top percentage of annual income earners in the USA:
http://www.irs.gov/taxstats/indtaxstats/article/0,,id=133521,00.html

Matter of fact only 1.93% of all (US) households had annual incomes exceeding $250,000.

KISS without information overload is how one definitely should start.

Later one can add things when one's reached the point where one can seperate the chaff from the wheat, and perhaps simply follow more markets and opportunities simultaneously.

Last edited:
Here we go again. how many time in so many different formats, yawnnnnnnnnnnnn, why do people feel the need to do this, just get out there and earn your crust.

AGREE 100%, KISS, Trading is easy, its just the trader that makes it difficult inho

Reactions: BSD
AGREE 100%, KISS, Trading is easy, its just the trader that makes it difficult inho

Yeah; Winning the marathon is easy; its just my personal fitness that made it difficult. Otherwise i would of won.

Newbies:

Let this thread be instructive for you. I started this thread as a Troll Trap, just to demonstrate how quickly the losers in the Trading Community will come out to spread negativity about something they know absolutely nothing about.

That's the consistent them about these people, Newbies. You will never learn anything from people like those who willingly rolled themselves off a cliff by responding negatively to this thread. I know the trader inside the video, personally. I've known him for several years. I know how successful he as as a real Trader and I know that the Trolls who negatively responded to this thread, can't tie the Man's shoes. He is a VERY successful independent trader and this is proof positive of just how idiotic and useless the Naysayers are on Trade to Lose.

Newbies, do yourselves a favor and abandon online Trading Psychiatric Wards such as Trade to Lose. Your chances of becoming a successful trader because of something you learned from one of these Trolls who responded negatively to this thread, is about 1 in 10 Trillion to the 100th power. Mathematically, impossible.

Successful Traders trade. Losers constantly undress themselves and expose their total lack of knowledge about that which they profess to understand, by constantly criticizing that which they have no knowledge about. Those are the Loser Trolls that you see flying all over the threads here at Trade to Lose.

"My name is Grant Olsen, i am a day trader." Sounds like he's at some kind of meeting for people with bad habits.(Oh yeh, T2W, doh)

Dear Grant Olsen,

I bet you have a tiny *****.

Regards,

Dash.

P.S. Can I shag your sister(s)?

The last trader I worked with had a set up like that. The guy was an idiot and lost money left, right and center.

As I found it impossible to use more than one monitor myself due to excessive neck turning, my conclusion was that too many monitors produced confusion and disorientation, resulting in ineffective decision making and lost of capital.