My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

Yes NFP was in my head. That's why I was hurrying up & pushing it to reach the target. As you mentioned GA, I will add it on my chart.

Thank you for sharing the goals. Now we are on. Today actually on EA I was 11 pips in profit. Not just one time 2 times! But I greed more & made loss. Missed 22 pips. I didn't trail position to break even. From now on, with every 10 pips I will trail position to +3 pips.

Good day.

Regards
Sun

Hi Sun

Followed your thread and complete respect to you for seeing that this is a good method worth learning. F is a great teacher of the method and from my 9 years of trying to find it I now know I have found it.
I struggle with taking the 5 to 10 pip profits also and did it at least 3 times today on EA It is our old friend greed popping up and sucking us in. I had 12 and 15 pips moved sl to +3 and ended up with +3 instead of +12 I think it boils down to knowing where the S and R levels from recent and past lie to TP and watch the PA at those levels whether to stay in or get out or take partial TP etc
We will all get there in the end. Like most things in life it takes hard graft to prosper well.
Good Luck with your future SSS

Dave.

Hi Sun

Followed your thread and complete respect to you for seeing that this is a good method worth learning. F is a great teacher of the method and from my 9 years of trying to find it I now know I have found it.
I struggle with taking the 5 to 10 pip profits also and did it at least 3 times today on EA It is our old friend greed popping up and sucking us in. I had 12 and 15 pips moved sl to +3 and ended up with +3 instead of +12 I think it boils down to knowing where the S and R levels from recent and past lie to TP and watch the PA at those levels whether to stay in or get out or take partial TP etc
We will all get there in the end. Like most things in life it takes hard graft to prosper well.
Good Luck with your future SSS

Dave.

Thank you Dave for posting in here. You really made a good point here about trailing +3 pips & knowing S/R. I completely agree with it. Even if it needs to go higher than 12+, it will always correct & that might eats the trail sl.

Yes I also struggled a lot for 4-5 years, I tried almost hundreds of strategies. I will not say those strategies were completely useless. But the fact is, I was unable to suit up my mind with those strategies. Keeping 20-30 pips stops was really not my thing. Since 2014 I limit myself with 10 pip sl & now with 5 pip Sl, many thanks to F.(y)

I have really very low risk appetite. Keeping the risk level lower, helps me to perform best, as i'm not in stress. That's why if i made during the early session 10+ pips. I feel positive to collect more pips. But if opposite happens, i'm in stress to recover loss. I still believe trading is 90% psychological. :cool: ( I can be wrong though)

Good luck you too..hope we will all reach there.
Regards
Sun

Last edited:
Hi K,
Seems that you have to leave as you missed the minimum student's target of 50 pips !:cry:
Seriously, I wonder how it's possible to say so arrogant things :sick:

R.

Just seen this now.
Firstly it seems you may be too sensitive for trading as it is a series of positive or negative assertions on your opinion and ability.
Secondly if any of you had actually traded many of the pairs and used the method supplied by F exclusively from early that morning then my comment of 50 pips stands.
Why not post your hurt feelings where I might see them faster?
If you missed out on 50 demo pips and are upset then, well i don't know how you will get on....

See the usual liker here too. Quite unsurprising too, if he is that predictable I guess his trading is as frustrating to him as always.

If these people would be real experts or millionaires, they would probably not follow F's course.
But let's be positive, some people on this forum really try to help and THIS is wonderful.
No doubt you will do it.
View attachment 204938

All the best.
R.

If you have a certain set of skills and found something else that is interesting then not to explore it further would be quite ignorant.

Many people with good or successful careers can try something else, or taking your statement as face value, it must mean that anyone who spent time following F's thread must be a broke loser. Such a negative and narrow minded sentiment is why some people have difficulties and not only in trading.

Wow, how an off the cuff statement can offend such weak willed people. Grow a pair and keep at it but if it is not for you accept it and move on. Moaning collectively will not make you better at anything!

Group hug anyone?

Last edited:
If you have a certain set of skills and found something else that is interesting then not to explore it further would be quite ignorant.

Many people with good or successful careers can try something else, or taking your statement as face value, it must mean that anyone who spent time following F's thread must be a broke loser. Such a negative and narrow minded sentiment is why some people have difficulties and not only in trading.

Wow, how an off the cuff statement can offend such weak willed people. Grow a pair and keep at it but if it is not for you accept it and move on. Moaning collectively will not make you better at anything!

Group hug anyone?

Hi NickBk,

Wow, seems that I shot right in the middle with very few words :LOL:

Sorry for you NickBk.
Learn to be kind, it helps in life.

Have a good WE.

R.

Group hug anyone?
all nicks are so nasty
Nick Bateman (television personality) - Wikipedia, the free ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Bateman_(television_personality)
Nicholas "Nick" Bateman (born 5 November 1967), also known as "Nasty Nick", is a British media personality and a former contestant on the first series of the ...
Nick Cotton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Cotton
Nick is the son of characters Charlie (Christopher Hancock) and Dot Cotton .... Nick's son Ashley Cotton from 2000 to 2001, agreed: "The look of Nasty Nick, you ...
Sons‎: ‎Charlie Cotton; Ashley Cotton First cousins‎: ‎Andrew Cotton
Wife‎: ‎Yvonne Cotton (1979–83); Zoe Ne... Father‎: ‎Charlie Cotton
///////////now hugs/////////
Lemur-group-hug.jpg

Last edited:
Hi F,
Yes, I'm taking the trades from the platform where I have the LRs. On Ctrader I check the longest LRs because as we have mentioned before, the longest LRs differ significantly between platforms and it seems like Ctrader's LRs are the most reliable.

Keen246

My Results for today: -7.4 Net pips.

Nice weekend for all,
Keen246

Hi keen

I was hoping this next week to assist you more with your scalping and timing - but unfortunately it might have to be the following week - although I might have some time to trade on T2W after 3 30 pm for a few hrs - which would suit you more being based in US.

First of all - I must compliment you for being open and posting your poor results amongst the other students daily stat's - and of course most of them are not doing to badly at all. Don't feel out of it - remember scalping is not always for everyone - and also some pick it up easily - others take longer to understand more about the concept and how you pull it off.

My first main comments would be - to forget what you have already learnt from the Bob Volman's method- even if you tried it on the 1 min chart. Key to my method is timing - based on time windows and of course LR crosses along with price structure all based off the tick chart and the 1 min time frame.

The 5 mins plus is all too slow - for scalping you need speed . A 10 -15 min scalp for me is slow. My method is not just 20 -60 second moves catching 2 pips - ideally we want 7 -25 pips and some scalps in 4 - 7 mins on some pairs can easily do 10 -15 pips.

Timing and speed and decision making is Key.

You need a set up with one click in and out - so when you see a possible set up - and it fits the criteria - you are in the trade with 2 seconds of saying yes I am taking that.

You need to be able to exit just as fast.

Speed of decision making is also required - you need focus and planning - and to be able to take in all the clues and say yes or no quickly. Procrastination means 70% of the time you have missed the opportunity. Sometimes I can see a set up enter - be up 4 pips and all within 2 mins then exit - because I dont think it will make by 7 -25 pip criteria. I will never be 100% correct - but with super tight stops etc - then if I make 3 mistakes and lose 6 -8 pips - I am not that bothered as 2 good scalps of 7+ pips still means I make a profit.

The longer LRs etc for catching swing trades from scalps really is the second part of the course.

Entries and tight stops are the prerequisite for the whole method and that's why you need to get to a level were -

1 You take more scalps - ideally 8 to 15+ a day over 4 -6 hrs . Taking just 3 or 5 trades is no good - its fine if you get every one right - but you are not getting enough practice - and your skill level will not improve.

2. I agree with you just making 1 or 2 pip profits is not enough. With 5 pip approx stops you need 5+ pip results - ideally 7 + pips. On Friday afternoon UK time check my comment on the sell candle / bar on the EA - after 4 00 pm. You would not have needed more than 5 pip stop and the EA dropped over 50 pips. Moves similar to this happen every day - please don't think they are not there - i find scalps of 7 -25+ pips every day of the week - but I suppose I am covering a 10 -12 hr trading window - even if i only actually trade 2 -4 hrs.

3. Concentrate on say 2 or 3 FX pairs of your preference and make sure you set up is able to check out all of them a least 3 KT's per hour. Focus on the quick 2 LR's along with their structure with the next 2 or 3. Forget the longer ones for now - focus on catching 7 -25 pip moves off stops with maximum size of 7 pips including spread. If it is not working - don't give it 7 pips pull ASAP.

Lets see how you fair over your next 50 + scalps - try and get them in this next week and GL

Regards

F

Hi keen

I was hoping this next week to assist you more with your scalping and timing - but unfortunately it might have to be the following week - although I might have some time to trade on T2W after 3 30 pm for a few hrs - which would suit you more being based in US.

First of all - I must compliment you for being open and posting your poor results amongst the other students daily stat's - and of course most of them are not doing to badly at all. Don't feel out of it - remember scalping is not always for everyone - and also some pick it up easily - others take longer to understand more about the concept and how you pull it off.

My first main comments would be - to forget what you have already learnt from the Bob Volman's method- even if you tried it on the 1 min chart. Key to my method is timing - based on time windows and of course LR crosses along with price structure all based off the tick chart and the 1 min time frame.

The 5 mins plus is all too slow - for scalping you need speed . A 10 -15 min scalp for me is slow. My method is not just 20 -60 second moves catching 2 pips - ideally we want 7 -25 pips and some scalps in 4 - 7 mins on some pairs can easily do 10 -15 pips.

Timing and speed and decision making is Key.

You need a set up with one click in and out - so when you see a possible set up - and it fits the criteria - you are in the trade with 2 seconds of saying yes I am taking that.

You need to be able to exit just as fast.

Speed of decision making is also required - you need focus and planning - and to be able to take in all the clues and say yes or no quickly. Procrastination means 70% of the time you have missed the opportunity. Sometimes I can see a set up enter - be up 4 pips and all within 2 mins then exit - because I dont think it will make by 7 -25 pip criteria. I will never be 100% correct - but with super tight stops etc - then if I make 3 mistakes and lose 6 -8 pips - I am not that bothered as 2 good scalps of 7+ pips still means I make a profit.

The longer LRs etc for catching swing trades from scalps really is the second part of the course.

Entries and tight stops are the prerequisite for the whole method and that's why you need to get to a level were -

1 You take more scalps - ideally 8 to 15+ a day over 4 -6 hrs . Taking just 3 or 5 trades is no good - its fine if you get every one right - but you are not getting enough practice - and your skill level will not improve.

2. I agree with you just making 1 or 2 pip profits is not enough. With 5 pip approx stops you need 5+ pip results - ideally 7 + pips. On Friday afternoon UK time check my comment on the sell candle / bar on the EA - after 4 00 pm. You would not have needed more than 5 pip stop and the EA dropped over 50 pips. Moves similar to this happen every day - please don't think they are not there - i find scalps of 7 -25+ pips every day of the week - but I suppose I am covering a 10 -12 hr trading window - even if i only actually trade 2 -4 hrs.

3. Concentrate on say 2 or 3 FX pairs of your preference and make sure you set up is able to check out all of them a least 3 KT's per hour. Focus on the quick 2 LR's along with their structure with the next 2 or 3. Forget the longer ones for now - focus on catching 7 -25 pip moves off stops with maximum size of 7 pips including spread. If it is not working - don't give it 7 pips pull ASAP.

Lets see how you fair over your next 50 + scalps - try and get them in this next week and GL

Regards

F
Hi F,
Thanks for your comments/suggestions.

I no longer trade B.V trading method. It’s very different from yours…it’s based on the 70 tick chart and mostly the setups are about trading breakouts. I found that due to the manipulation, trading breakouts have a low expectancy, so I decided to leave the method behind.

I’m highly influenced by Lance Beggs. His systematic approach is brilliant and most of it can be blended with your method having the time variable in mind. Maybe that’s why the first weeks I had good results making this blending. Nowadays I just try to trade your method but the results have been pretty mediocre as you have seen. I like to be open and I don’t mind showing +50 or -50 pips.

You’re quite right…I should take many more trades daily. I need to accommodate my trading time. Maybe trade in my evening when Tokyo session starts…I’ve seen decent moves on the Aussie and Yen around that time. Maybe that’s tradeable. The other alternative -waking up at 3AM -it’s sooo hard, but I’ll do it if I have to.

Due to my professional background, I know for a fact that everything - no matter how hard it is, can be achieved with enough perseverance. I’ll keep on trying.
Cheers,
Keen246

GA.png

GBPAUD trade. Traded lot 0.10. Just to show the peeling.

It was 14 profit. I closed 70% position & left 30% position on with trailed SL.

Currently on this chart. Market moved 15+ up. So peeling & trailing was nice. I did peeling on a nice Support.

Last edited:
Ga

GA 3.png

GA done more. Enter into a perfect brake out zone. Exit with peeling.

PL = 52 (after paying all commission)
No of Trade: 25
Win rate: 68%
Highest win: 11
highest loss: 6.5

High volatile pairs...

Well Done Sun

Better win ratio - well over target - tight stops and not loads of trades - near perfection at this point of time in learning the full method

Good start to the week - now its just working on it and staying with disciplines etc etc

i am going to spend more time on LiTs today and tomorrow afternoon - as I might not be around first thing ever morning this week

With you being an early starter - LiTs are ideal for you - so will look forward to when you feel OK to start posting your own LiTs and how you see it etc

Dont worry it might take a few days or a week to get into it - but then this will really assist you with partials and directions etc etc

Keep up the good work

Regards

F

View attachment 205262

GA done more. Enter into a perfect brake out zone. Exit with peeling.

Hi Sun

Its around London Close time in UK and so late were you are - but hope you left a partial stake on GA - ideally maybe with a trailing stop if you have not been about for say 3 hrs or so

So far in US sessions its made 1451.

In the future you will have to plan about leaving a partial stake on with stop in profit

You then dont have to worry as risk covered etc.

I have had many over the last few years stay in profit for days and weeks and even nearly 4 months once with a result of 1000 pips. Even if just 10% of normal stake - then it still adds up as you go live and slowly grow.

Any partial for me over 150 pips is basically an extra full days profit - extra cream on the cake

Please feel free to try and post a few LiTs areas tomorrow if you can - any time UK wise from say 5 30 am to 7 00am on my journal . Please dont worry if they are out or not accurate - or even just 2 or 3 pairs - I will be able to point out any errors later in the day

I will pop in later on in the day - but this week will not always be around from say 6 am to 9 30 am

Stay focused - disciplined and calm and keep up your excellent progress

Regards

F

These are my actual results for today: - 45.6 Net Pips.
LRs crossing and tight stops at its best.
Cheers,
K

Attachments

• Results Nov 09.png
    Results Nov 09.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 130
These are my actual results for today: - 45.6 Net Pips.
LRs crossing and tight stops at its best.
Cheers,
K

Hi K

WD on tight stops etc - good discipline on that - but have to say don't know what you are doing wrong on entries etc as you win ratio is just too low .

I will check out your timing - am I right to say your broker time is what 4 or 5 hrs ahead of UK present time ?

You have done more trades - which is good - in fact a lot in just over 2 hrs - but something is not right and we will get to the bottom of it

I am thinking your LR settings on fast 3 have got to be wrong - most work well from 7 -9 as quickest - then 12 -14 and maybe anything from 22 to 30 for the third LR

What are yours atm ? and can we see a screenshot on any pair of a cross - so i can check out ?

Thanks Keen - we will get there

Regards

F