My Journal - Pathways to Improvement

Hi remulix.

Congratulation on your progress.
If you don't mind then i'm interested get the argolab indicator which shows status so nicely. (y)

Plus do you use any indicator for the F's time stamp?

I'm a coder too (intermediate level) :)
Perhaps I can make one just to test. Otherwise i have so many lines on my chart. Don't want to confuse myself.

Regards

EA yesterday...

Hi R

Also check out your settings on the EA at say 2 30 pm and after 4 pm - just to see if the 4 Lrs would have kept you with 50+ pip moves

Good Morning F,

Here is what I would have probably done yesterday on EA even if it's a pair I don't watch as spread is a bit high at my broker.
Other trades I eventually took would be rather small.

Anyway, opportunities are everywhere :cheesy:
Maybe a divergent strabismus would help to watch all these pairs at the same time :LOL:

R.

Attachments

• Snap7935.jpg
    Snap7935.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 201
No problemo...

Hi remulix.

Congratulation on your progress.
If you don't mind then i'm interested get the argolab indicator which shows status so nicely. (y)

Plus do you use any indicator for the F's time stamp?

I'm a coder too (intermediate level) :)
Perhaps I can make one just to test. Otherwise i have so many lines on my chart. Don't want to confuse myself.

Regards

Hi Sun,
Thanks for your congrats:)

For AccountStatArgo, it's a freeware here :http://www.argolab.net/accountstatargo-all-statistics-of-your-account-on-one-screen.html

And for The KT indi, I attached the source.

Concerning the account stats, I plan to make another indi a bit like AccountStatArgo but more specific to our own needs, shall add:
  • Best trade
  • Worst trade
  • Win ratio
  • And the ability to collect stats over trading days; that would allow to see our progress more efficiently.

Have a nice scalping day. (just missed one on EU & EJ btw ;))

If you need some advice or help for coding, just ask.

R.

Attachments

• KW Spacer.mq4
    2.5 KB · Views: 218
Good morning F,

Thank for your review on my timing & posting about the time stamp.

I think i will open real account on next month or until i get 25 pips per day for 10 trading days without the help of multi lots. Or even at least 25 pips consecutively for next 5 days. Yes you said i can recover losses in 3 days if i made 30 pips loss. But for me that will create lots of negativity on my mind. I am not yet confident enough. I mean if i somehow lose more than my risk limit i get mad.

I have to admit this demo practice is helping me to build something positive in my mind. This is 1st time in my life i'm trading demo for more than 2 months. Cause previously i never did that. That's why I lost money.

I don't have much brain & talent, so my journey will take time. I like to build my mind block by block. So that in future ever in my trading life , i don't feel negative. It is important if i want to make my living out of it.

Regards
By the way, EU finally broke the range.

Hi Sun,
Thanks for your congrats:)

For AccountStatArgo, it's a freeware here :http://www.argolab.net/accountstatargo-all-statistics-of-your-account-on-one-screen.html

And for The KT indi, I attached the source.

Concerning the account stats, I plan to make another indi a bit like AccountStatArgo but more specific to our own needs, shall add:
  • Best trade
  • Worst trade
  • Win ratio
  • And the ability to collect stats over trading days; that would allow to see our progress more efficiently.

Have a nice scalping day. (just missed one on EU & EJ btw ;))

If you need some advice or help for coding, just ask.

R.

Morning Remulix,

Thank you for sharing the indicators & the link.
Also thank you for the open invitation of the coding help. :))
I previously used to take help from mql4 forum.

Actually, you can attach your account on myfxbook.com. They cover all those requirement. Plus more features. When i will have real account will attached it to myfxbook.

All the best for the rest of the session.

Happy Trading
Regards

Good morning F,

Thank for your review on my timing & posting about the time stamp.

I think i will open real account on next month or until i get 25 pips per day for 10 trading days without the help of multi lots. Or even at least 25 pips consecutively for next 5 days. Yes you said i can recover losses in 3 days if i made 30 pips loss. But for me that will create lots of negativity on my mind. I am not yet confident enough. I mean if i somehow lose more than my risk limit i get mad.

I have to admit this demo practice is helping me to build something positive in my mind. This is 1st time in my life i'm trading demo for more than 2 months. Cause previously i never did that. That's why I lost money.

I don't have much brain & talent, so my journey will take time. I like to build my mind block by block. So that in future ever in my trading life , i don't feel negative. It is important if i want to make my living out of it.

Regards
By the way, EU finally broke the range.

Morning Sun and remulix

I liked the comments from both of you - nice also to have some more "coders" playing with the set up - it will help you cover more FX pairs etc - no 2 ways about it

No problem until waiting to after next month - or even longer to go live - you need to build up a pattern of wins and confidence to assist you pull through the bad periods

I am lucky now - I dont get the 7 bad scalps in a row - because I manage my mind and stop after 3 bad scalps in a row for 30 or 60 mins and then make sure what ever happens - the next scalp I take - I break the pattern and either get my stop in 2 pips of profit ASAP or just pull it with any profit rather than see it go negative.

Even with a 75% + win ratio - you can still have 7 or more consecutive losses in a bad sequence - it normally does a traders "head in" because its such a shock and they are not prepared for it.

Therefore - you always manage the situation - not just by money management and not martingaling after 4 losses or some thing stupid - stay calm and think - yes I can have a 7 + losses in a bad period - but in a really good session - I can have 20 or 30+ winners in a row - both are extremes.

I have been there and got the "t shirt" and it took me 6 months to get back into a normal pattern - but it was my own fault for compounding too quickly and thinking I was invincible etc etc

EU as been nice and easy this morning - I hope you both are doing OK with it

Have a good day

Regards

F

Day 50

I have been there and got the "t shirt" and it took me 6 months to get back into a normal pattern - but it was my own fault for compounding too quickly and thinking I was invincible etc etc

Don't want that "T-shirt" :pp, previously i destroyed many accounts because of martingaling. Actually one can survive in martingale system, but need to fill up the account constantly to stay into that loop. Its for rich people. Also it reminds about one strategy called "Sure fire Hedging" .

PL: 27
No of Trades: 19
Win Rate: 68%
Largest Win: 6.3
Largest loss: 5.2

Yes EU was nice today, i made my 27 pips during this london session. So I'm done for the day...

Good day..

Attachments

• ST 1.png
    ST 1.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 723
Don't want that "T-shirt" :pp, previously i destroyed many accounts because of martingaling. Actually one can survive in martingale system, but need to fill up the account constantly to stay into that loop. Its for rich people. Also it reminds about one strategy called "Sure fire Hedging" .

Yes EU was nice today, i made my 27 pips during this london session. So I'm done for the day...

Good day..

Hi Sun

Just been having a look through your EU trades today

202442d1444810010-my-journal-pathways-improvement-st-1.png

I notice 8 winners in a row and no more than 3 consecutive bad trades - with the winners and losers nicely spread

Well done - 19 trades under 3 hrs and above your target OK

Timing looks OK - good disciplines and consistent

You cannot ask for any more at this stage of your progress - pat yourself on the back

Regards

F

Hard afternoon...

Hi F,

I'm struggling like a dead rat this afternoon.
Few volatility and unsteady trends so it's difficult to keep the trade open.
I took 32 trades and just had 3 losses in a row, so I'm gonna go outside make some gardening and come back within 30 minutes...
Mowing the lawn should be OK...

R.

Hi F,

I'm struggling like a dead rat this afternoon.
Few volatility and unsteady trends so it's difficult to keep the trade open.
I took 32 trades and just had 3 losses in a row, so I'm gonna go outside make some gardening and come back within 30 minutes...
Mowing the lawn should be OK...

R.

Wise man

Until you have your first 1000 or at least 500 scalps under your belt on this method - always play safe and take time out when you have 3 losses in a row.

Ideally 30 or 60 mins and clear you head and by the time you come back then you hopefully might see better clues etc etc

I am amazed you got over 20 trades without 3 bad ones in a row - especially if you are keeping stops tight.

Teasing or as I say BTTZ areas ( Bermuda Triangle ) tease zones happen most days - just to call confusion and to unsettle traders

the EU as been nearly an hour trying to decide does it go over 1440/1 and higher or stay below the high and drop

When you get the scalping part correct then you will be able to take advantage of leaving part stakes on in profit and letting trades run while then adding to them

Seriously - It does take time - and there is no quick way to gain all the experience you need - but at least you know the main method works and is an excellent way to make good returns on any FX market day

All the best

Regards

F

100% agree

Wise man

Until you have your first 1000 or at least 500 scalps under your belt on this method - always play safe and take time out when you have 3 losses in a row.

Ideally 30 or 60 mins and clear you head and by the time you come back then you hopefully might see better clues etc etc

I am amazed you got over 20 trades without 3 bad ones in a row - especially if you are keeping stops tight.

Teasing or as I say BTTZ areas ( Bermuda Triangle ) tease zones happen most days - just to call confusion and to unsettle traders

the EU as been nearly an hour trying to decide does it go over 1440/1 and higher or stay below the high and drop

When you get the scalping part correct then you will be able to take advantage of leaving part stakes on in profit and letting trades run while then adding to them

Seriously - It does take time - and there is no quick way to gain all the experience you need - but at least you know the main method works and is an excellent way to make good returns on any FX market day

All the best

Regards

F

Yes F, you are right, your method is working.
Last years I probably took more than 10 000 manual trades (and my robots 10x more) but circumstances were different as I was not using this method at all.
I must get used to it and go on scalping :sneaky:

Thanks for you support.
R.

Done for today

Good morning F,

A bit unusual but it's done for today on my live account...

Will scalp again on demo today to get consistency.

R.

Attachments

• One.jpg
    One.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 101
Thanks...

Well Done remulix - nice one (y)

Regards

F

Honestly, I don't know what happened.

Yesterday evening, my partner from Luxembourg sends me a mail: "Do you take the 400€ profit ?"
And I answer: "What profit ?" Then shut down my PC and go to watch TV with my Wife. Thought it was a joke.:LOL:
This morning I can see he sent me another mail with the account number and client name; I have a look and I discover that a trade was started from yesterday 5 pm and was this morning at + 40 pips.:eek:

So we dunno who took this trade and why, we are just very lucky that nothing bad happened ! :whistling

It's the first time something like this happens and I hope it's the last.:(

So I'm a complete stranger to this trade and now must seriously work.

R.

Last edited:
Day 51

Today, No of trade is huge, because i was trying to recover my losses. There was some moves so, i was like a machine, trading all pairs on the board. Maximum profit i received from UJ.

PL: 14 (actually 33 pips, paid commissions)
No of Trades: 47
Win Rate: 63%
Largest Win: 5.5
Largest loss: 5.5

Attachments

• ST 2.png
    ST 2.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 92
  • ST 1.png
    ST 1.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 86
Honestly, I don't know what happened.

Yesterday evening, my partner from Luxembourg sends me a mail: "Do you take the 400€ profit ?"
And I answer: "What profit ?" Then shut down my PC and go to watch TV with my Wife. Thought it was a joke.:LOL:
This morning I can see he sent me another mail with the account number and client name; I have a look and I discover that a trade was started from yesterday 5 pm and was this morning at + 40 pips.:eek:

So we dunno who took this trade and why, we are just very lucky that nothing bad happened ! :whistling

It's the first time something like this happens and I hope it's the last.:(

So I'm a complete stranger to this trade and now must seriously work.

R.

Trading live, it's best to add stop loss every time you trade. Even if you forgot to close the trade, you will be still safe from any bad incident.

24.9 pips !

Trading live, it's best to add stop loss every time you trade. Even if you forgot to close the trade, you will be still safe from any bad incident.

100% agree Sun; the problem here is that "someone" took a trade but we ignore who and how. All that we know is that our broker is experiencing problems with his ISP since 2 weeks now but I don't think his ISP is taking trades on my server :mad:

Hi F,
I finally made my 20 pips (a bit more) and I managed to get 5 pips on a single trade :cheesy:
Maybe I'm not a desperate case (despite being french) :LOL:

All the best !
R.

Attachments

• Real statement.jpg
    Real statement.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 83
  • statement.jpg
    statement.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 113
100% agree Sun; the problem here is that "someone" took a trade but we ignore who and how. All that we know is that our broker is experiencing problems with his ISP since 2 weeks now but I don't think his ISP is taking trades on my server :mad:

Hi F,
I finally made my 20 pips (a bit more) and I managed to get 5 pips on a single trade :cheesy:
Maybe I'm not a desperate case (despite being french) :LOL:

All the best !
R.

Well Done again R

Now if you lived near Cannes or Port Grimaud / St Tropez - i would be saying can I come down and give you a free months lesson - lol - my favourite places in France and been down there twice already this last year

Dont worry - you will soon get used to the PA on 1 min - it might takes a few weeks and then you will making scalps for 10 + pips

Keep it up and play safe with tight stops etc etc and any questions etc - just let me know and I will see if I can answer them

Regards

F

no problem...

Well Done again R

Now if you lived near Cannes or Port Grimaud / St Tropez - i would be saying can I come down and give you a free months lesson - lol - my favourite places in France and been down there twice already this last year

F

We live in Morbihan (south Bretagne) at 250 meters from the sea and IMHO, it's far nicer than St Tropez.
Attached are some pics from the surroundings.
You are of course welcome and spend 1 month here, the house is big and food is fantastic.

R.

Attachments

• 20150929_174544[1].jpg
    20150929_174544[1].jpg
    834.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 20150929_180656[1].jpg
    20150929_180656[1].jpg
    665.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 20150930_154216[1].jpg
    20150930_154216[1].jpg
    908.3 KB · Views: 134
We live in Morbihan (south Bretagne) at 250 meters from the sea

I've been to Morbihan: very nice part of the world. :cool:

Do you use telecom.fr? What are internet connections like in Brittany - has the availability of reliable, high-speed connections suitable for trading improved over the last few years?

(Apologies for the digression in your thread, Sun11! :eek: )