Best Thread My Journal at a Prop house

Little bit of a rangy slow day but EJ setting up short again so order entry is pending.

Moring Guys,

Got a lovely down trend pretty much across the whole month on the EU. I have fibbed from the high of this move down to the low and we can see even though there has been a few fat green bullish bars the actually trend is still down. Price at the 38.2% fib level so def a possibility that we find some form of resistance here and so Im look for a potential short in favour of selling a rally in a downtrend.

attachment.php

So hopefully be able to get on the score board here as the Euro proving very frustrating yesterday.

Pozzy :)

Attachments

• EU.jpg
    EU.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 798
EU reacting off that 38.2 and making lower high lower low with a little help of some negative Greek news.

So the short has set up and using the lower time frame to get my entry.

attachment.php

Sorry my paint skills are awful but you can see price turning around with a lower high lower low movement.

So order pending.

Attachments

• EU2.jpg
    EU2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 904
Morning all just to get the ball rolling this week from what i have learned from the main pozzy :)

did not have time to show this in real time due to been in bed to long

took a short on usd/jpy after consoladtion on the 1hour

here it is half off the table already:clap:

999.gif

991.gif

Morning all just to get the ball rolling this week from what i have learned from the main pozzy :)

did not have time to show this in real time due to been in bed to long

took a short on usd/jpy after consoladtion on the 1hour

here it is half off the table already:clap:

View attachment 82234

View attachment 82236

I think he uses 3 min for entry level. I think this is how he would have played the trade and potentially myself. You marked off the Range pretty good. I think the 15min chart allows too much of a break of the range before the pullback. Sell at 77. USDJPY is a ugly pair for breaking ranges because of the small daily average range. In this case i think you should check out EURJPY. I stick to mainly EURJPY, GBPUSD and EURUSD. I have issues with USDJPY at the moment because the trend is up, but there are buyers of JPY and USD when the market falls (Indices, commodities ag USD etc..)

Attachments

• USDJPY.png
    USDJPY.png
    122 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Thanks for posting fellas.

Looking like it’s going to be another quiet week on the Journal front as got my first FSA exam on Monday boooo so any spare time is going into that. Nice trade though Pocrel how much you take in the end??

got some nice pips on that usd/jpy but missed all the lovely real trends of the day shame could have been a huge day for me :(

anyway move on, as for my charts my entries come from the 5min BRETTUS not the 15min as i dont have 3min on metatrader4 must start using meta5 but just not got round to it but i think 5min is good enough for an entry off the 1hr chart

best of luck with the fsa pozzy catch you soon
p

got some nice pips on that usd/jpy but missed all the lovely real trends of the day shame could have been a huge day for me :(

anyway move on, as for my charts my entries come from the 5min BRETTUS not the 15min as i dont have 3min on metatrader4 must start using meta5 but just not got round to it but i think 5min is good enough for an entry off the 1hr chart

best of luck with the fsa pozzy catch you soon
p

Thanks mate.

I've got a plugin for MT4 that will let you create a 3 min chart as well as 2 min 2 hour and pretty much any timeframe. PM me your email and I'll send it over.

Speak soon

Pozzy

just wanted to show this trade as i sit here and cry as i missed it again dman damn damn

999.gif

991.gif

same as yesterday

just need to survive the the first pull back

i was lookin at that too and things just moved so fast, i was short eur/gbp got stopped by a couple of pis and that went aswell, also aud/usd was good one sitting here very annoyed

maybe i need that 3min chart can you email me that if you dont mind
cheers
p

just wanted to add a trade i have just gotten into

991.gif

target one reached very quickly lets see if we can go further

black line boundry
red line stop
aqua line enty

market was range bound for a while and finally broke down

afternoon guys, been a pretty difficult day for me couple of false brakes for me but finally got a runner

eur/usd looked good to me

this is how i played it

any comment please, hope your well pozzy after last week :)

991.gif

afternoon guys, been a pretty difficult day for me couple of false brakes for me but finally got a runner

eur/usd looked good to me

this is how i played it

any comment please, hope your well pozzy after last week :)

View attachment 82614

Pocrel,

Where you get that indicator at the bottom of your chart

i really cant remeber gedward3 but i can email it to you if you want it

cheers

pat

Morning guys.

Bit of analysis on cable and a look at a potential short.
There have been some great moves the last week or two but to be honest very treacherous trading conditions. When volatility is up stops can get very wide and price chops, changes and turns around so quickly that it can make life very difficult.

Looking at a Cable 4Hr I have marked off a support trend line which tracks back to the start of March which is where Cable found Support and a big spike bar after a rather large sell off. The resistance trend line has been a dragging on since the end of last year with a little false breakout a few months ago. So certainly the potential for price to head back down to the lower trendline.

attachment.php

Dropping down to the 15Min there is clear support at yesterdays low which is also todays low (well was at the time of writing this) and price making a couple of lower highs so looking for the breakout to downside and the chance to get short. (just happend and trade pending)

attachment.php

Not my usual style of trading but adapting to the current market conditions I’ve seen a few of these patterns and they are paying so sticking with em.

Attachments

• GU.jpg
    GU.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 681
  • GU2.jpg
    GU2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 684