My friend's holy grail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great backtest results anyways. Its very much possible to obtain this result if we have good market understanding. More information would be good to withstand the cause.

Yeah. i agree too, sometime backtesting is not similar as real-trading. but if your EA is based on long-term trading and not scalping, i believe that the backtesting results will be quite similar to the real trading. (Just my opinion)

this thread started "yesterday", ie, Jun 22nd.

Journeyfor life joined T2W Jun 22nd, ie, yesterday, and has only posted on this thread so far.

pboyles hates that kind of thing.

trendie, i dont get what you mean what you are saying over here. Er, is it a sarcarsm or compliment?:confused: Anyway, i believe in trend-trading which is quite similar to your name(trendie) and i like the whipsaw song too. Do you too trade in trends?

Anyone can tweak EAs to give great results in backtesting.

This is more true than is given enough credit for. Before the availability of MT4 the only packages that really allowed detailed strategy backtesting was the likes of Metastock and Tradestation.

I developed a strategy that turned a $10K account into $4M over about 3 years with a position trading strategy which also factored in slippage and commissions. However, psychologically it would have been very difficult to trade it and the same applies to all these EAs that everyone seems to think can make a fortune with zero effort.

If it were that easy then everyone would be doing it which in itself would kill the edge it started out with so would become a self fulfilling paradox of failure.

EAs don't work in the real world in my view and I have yet to see any evidence that counters this from real money accounts that only trade using an EA.

This is more true than is given enough credit for. Before the availability of MT4 the only packages that really allowed detailed strategy backtesting was the likes of Metastock and Tradestation.

I developed a strategy that turned a $10K account into $4M over about 3 years with a position trading strategy which also factored in slippage and commissions. However, psychologically it would have been very difficult to trade it and the same applies to all these EAs that everyone seems to think can make a fortune with zero effort.

If it were that easy then everyone would be doing it which in itself would kill the edge it started out with so would become a self fulfilling paradox of failure.

EAs don't work in the real world in my view and I have yet to see any evidence that counters this from real money accounts that only trade using an EA.

hmm metaquotes hold an annual EA contest subject to rules and regs. Maybe they run on demo acct's not sure.

Really? I dont think it is impossible to trade from 10k to 4M in 3 years. If that is the case, wont there is any drawdowns or margin call? If you tell me that 10K can go to 30K in 3 years, then, that will be more believable. Anyway, how do you create and EA, backtesting it? I am still learning java, and i will like to develop my own EA to test my own strategies too.:?:

Really? I dont think it is impossible to trade from 10k to 4M in 3 years. If that is the case, wont there is any drawdowns or margin call? If you tell me that 10K can go to 30K in 3 years, then, that will be more believable. Anyway, how do you create and EA, backtesting it? I am still learning java, and i will like to develop my own EA to test my own strategies too.:?:

No, it isn't impossible to trade from £10k to millions in three years, just as it isn't impossible for a monkey or a T2W member to sit down at a keyboard and type the complete works of Shakespeare.

If that is the case, wont there is any drawdowns or margin call?

Drawdowns will of course happen but they were not sufficient to require a margin call but as I said it is not tradeable in real life.

trendie, i dont get what you mean what you are saying over here. Er, is it a sarcarsm or compliment?:confused: Anyway, i believe in trend-trading which is quite similar to your name(trendie) and i like the whipsaw song too. Do you too trade in trends?

It is common modus operandi of scammers or affiliates with a story to spin and you just happened to fit the bill, mate.

30k to 10k in 3 years is what's more likely to happen.

The bot's author has honored my request and sent me his tick data backtests with 99.9% modeling quality since 01.01.2008 (the earliest available tick data through Tickstory which he is using for backtesting). I am attaching these original backtests along with my combined backtest report produced in ReportManager for your review below.

He says over these past 5.5 years the markets have pretty much seen it all. He doesn't view this or any other EA as something that will provide for you for life - just says if a bot is showing high consistent profits over the past few years and also successfully survives the 2008-2009 market turmoil, it's by all means a good bot.

He has also confirmed his willingness to swap this EA for an equally good one with tick data backtests over the same period of time and investor access to a live account with at least a couple of months of history - just to see if the live trades are generally matching those on the bot's tick data backtests. He will privately provide investor access to his live account in return.

I have investor access to that live account myself and can confirm the trades there are generally matching those on his tick data backtests. He sees no problem with me privately sending the investor access to that account to a moderator or a trusted long-time member of this forum at their request to verify its existence and performance in this thread. The account is with the regulated Australian brokerage Pepperstone Financial - one of the country's largest.

If anyone is interested, please, feel free to send me a private message on this forum or at [Email Removed] and I will broker a deal for you, ending up with at least two good EAs at my hands for my trading. Please, do not offer money or rehashed versions of existing commercial EAs that are largely good for nothing anyway.

Attachments

• EU2008-2013.htm
    321.1 KB · Views: 398
  • EU2008-2013.gif
    EU2008-2013.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 162
  • GU2008-2013.htm
    664.6 KB · Views: 402
  • GU2008-2013.gif
    GU2008-2013.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 186
  • BacktestReports2008-2013Combined.htm
    461.1 KB · Views: 407
  • BacktestReports2008-2013Combined.csv
    171.8 KB · Views: 167
  • BacktestReports2008-2013Combined.png
    BacktestReports2008-2013Combined.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:
Note the word "trusted". What makes you one?

Trader333, counter_violent, NVP are those in this thread I am ready to send it to anytime at their request.

No wackypete2???

I am highly insulted. This is an affront to my personality to have been scorned by this disdainfulness and slandering of my good name.

Peter

No wackypete2???

I am highly insulted. This is an affront to my personality to have been scorned by this disdainfulness and slandering of my good name.

Peter
Please, accept my sincere apologies that I have overlooked you. Sending you a PM with the live account's access details now.

Status
Not open for further replies.