My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

the odd thing is benj said he didnt want to shock 'newbies' with the mention of his risk per trade - cos its beyond their comprehension is how it came across...ok, thats his perogative, fair enough.

but hang on....

hes happy enough to post a statement up after a cpl of trades which he admitted were copied trades.

and then when after the 100+ pages he gets asked for some details of how he trades, on his trading journal, he knocks them back with a sarcy comment.......and i get the rolled eyes ha.

you cldnt make it up.

There are a few reasons i use a derivation of Kelly, compared to other optimal growth algorithms:

• Simplicity in trading is rewarded.
  • Optimal f "assumes" your worst drawdown is behind you.
  • Having extensive backtest results (30 years+) allows one to draw upon the necessary numbers to estimate Kelly.

The thing to recognise, is that no money management technique is perfect, however most are looking for perfection in trading, which is why they'll be chasing their tails forever.

Simplicity in trading is rewarded.

What about logic? So we combine the two giving us...

Logical Simplicity.

the odd thing is benj said he didnt want to shock 'newbies' with the mention of his risk per trade - cos its beyond their comprehension is how it came across...ok, thats his perogative, fair enough.

but hang on....

hes happy enough to post a statement up after a cpl of trades which he admitted were copied trades.

and then when after the 100+ pages he gets asked for some details of how he trades, on his trading journal, he knocks them back with a sarcy comment.......and i get the rolled eyes ha.

you cldnt make it up.

Im not pyramiding positions in silver, only 1 open at a time, long or short. Currently long 1830 units.

basiclly just buying strength and selling weakness.

Coz im trailing a stop on each position, ill often having to see 20/30/50 or sometimes even a 100% of my unrealised profits vanish. This doesnt bother me bcoz it means im also still in the market for the massive outlier trades

1 thing i know tho - this rate of return will not continue indefinitely + i also know theres gonna be some drawdowns ahead that can make grown men cry like babies :LOL:.

GTTY.

I buy it if it goes up, and I sell it if it goes down.

Hi rsh, the smiley was actually a whistling, not a roll eyes - chill buddy.

I think ive said how i trade without giving my strategy completely away as demonstrated above. i even said i use kelly (of sorts) for mm. Not sure what else u want me 2 say...

The Macc Lads - Get Weavin' - YouTube

the smell of a man.png

Proper northern bird magnet.

Yes kimo, that was just what I needed! Quality. Can't rep posts on this phone 4 sum reason, but safely assume both of those songs would be "repped". A weekend with the mac lads - ouch!