Multiple Timeframes

Pipsaholic

Hi,

Is having 12, 8, ,3, 2 hour charts beneficial on top of the regular time frames? I imagine it would be as we are getting more information the better we can plan.

Thanks.

The general rule is the higher the time frame , the better it is you see the whole picture. I would guess its a matter of preference and there are certainly no harm in viewing these time frames as well.

Hi,

Is having 12, 8, ,3, 2 hour charts beneficial on top of the regular time frames? I imagine it would be as we are getting more information the better we can plan.

Thanks.

Generally, it is considered helpful. However, if the timeframes are so close together you could be getting duplicate information and possibly confuse your analysis. It is usually recommended that the time frames you use should be separated by a factor of 5. In other words, 1 week has 5 days and there are 6.5 hours in trading day. So weekly, daily, 60 min time frames would be appropriate. At your time frames I would use 12hr, 2 or 3 hr, and 30 min time frames. That's not exactly a factor of 5 but close enough.

Good Luck

hi pipsaholic

Good to see you are still pushing hard on your journey (y)

welcome to the next phase of your journey - if in doubt load everything on the screen !!!!!

information overload my friend information overload :smart:

N