Mp's exps...we deserve them

It reminds me...........

Lord Acton got it right: "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Tie up a prison ship on the river alongside the House, then they have lodgings, no commuting to and from work, (though hopefully some will be so pissed they will fall off the gangplank and drown our sorrows as well) and second class rail fare paid to their constituencies once a week.
Solved

I was thinking something along these lines.....since most of the stuff is about them having free sh@g-pads in London which none of us can afford, why not just build an apartment block somewhere in London and tell MPs they can have free use of an appt in it for as long as they are MP's. Job done. Public servants do not have to worry about housing arrangements and can get on with their job of serving the public. Should help them too!

Labour govt Imploding?

Hazel Blears is latest to resign, after Home Sec and 3 ministers y/day (Yeh I know, good riddence to all of them.) Commentators talking about a possible Geoffrey Howe moment referring to the Howe's resignation and resignation speech that prompted Heseltine to bring Thatcher down ?

Is this the very start of a very peculiar British revelution? Will power begin to run bottom up instead of top down. Will we sweep away this ridiculous, paternalistic, hereditrarily privileged top down system of government and patronage that lies at the heart of the british malaise?

Well when more people have watched Susan Boyle on youtube than Obama's inauguration speech, I won't be holding my breath.

I was thinking of starting a thread with a poll as to how long Gordo can survive as PM. I'm thinking in terms of days rather than weeks. I'm no political historian but, with the way things are going, I imagine we're venturing into unchartered waters. Surely there must come a point when the reputation and viability of the government is so diminished that a general election has to be called? My money says that Labour will have a new leader (or at least have jettisoned the current one) by the end of the month at the latest.
Tim.

I was thinking of starting a thread with a poll as to how long Gordo can survive as PM. I'm thinking in terms of days rather than weeks. I'm no political historian but, with the way things are going, I imagine we're venturing into unchartered waters. Surely there must come a point when the reputation and viability of the government is so diminished that a general election has to be called? My money says that Labour will have a new leader (or at least have jettisoned the current one) by the end of the month at the latest.
Tim.

Gordo is finished. This week's election results will prove it. He won 't go willingly - it'll be like prising a limpet off a rock or admitting that your "perfect" trade has turned to s*ite in the early stages of your trading career.

There'll be a coup and he will effectively be gone by the end of next week. When he can't even retain the support of the lefty Guardian newspaper things are indeed grim.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap! :LOL:

Gordo is finished. This week's election results will prove it. He won 't go willingly - it'll be like prising a limpet off a rock or admitting that your "perfect" trade has turned to s*ite in the early stages of your trading career.

There'll be a coup and he will effectively be gone by the end of next week. When he can't even retain the support of the lefty Guardian newspaper things are indeed grim.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer chap! :LOL:

Agreed, but whoever takes over will probably delay a general election to get their "message" over to the voters. King Canute had more chance of success than Labour has in the coming 12 months.

Round Two.
Lets see them explain this away.:LOL:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8578597.stm

No doubt, they will "learn lessons", "put a raft of new measures in place", "have a comprehensive review", blame it all on Ashcroft, 18 years of Tory mis-rule and their working-class childhood.

I was wrong about Gordo going in 2009. If the electorate vote him back in then they will get all they deserve and probably more. I hope to be able to look forward to seeing the look on the face of the unelected PM & unelected party leader as he leaves No 10. On the other hand, if Team Dave wins, then Gordo will probably declare a national emergency, invoke martial rule, get a Colonel's uniform and remain in post for the good of mankind and the British nation. God forbid.......