Moving to UK - Need some advice

sharksandwich

Hi, folks.

I am moving to the UK from Canada, and I am going back into the financial services industry after a two year hiatus in grad school. I was a retail stockbroker in the U.S., and advised individual clients on stocks, bonds, mutual funds, options, etc. This is what I would like to do again in the UK. My licenses in the States were Series 7, which allows one to advise and trade in each of these securities; as well as a derivatives license. I am wanting an equivalent license/certificate, and I was told that I could take either the the SII or IMC path, as they seem to be equivalent.

My question is more of a practical one. From the job listings I have seen, many cite the IMC as a prerequisite to employment, but none mention SII. Is the IMC preferable in the real world? Is there a difference between the two designations that I am not understanding?

I would appreciate advice.

Hi, folks.

I am moving to the UK from Canada, and I am going back into the financial services industry after a two year hiatus in grad school. I was a retail stockbroker in the U.S., and advised individual clients on stocks, bonds, mutual funds, options, etc. This is what I would like to do again in the UK. My licenses in the States were Series 7, which allows one to advise and trade in each of these securities; as well as a derivatives license. I am wanting an equivalent license/certificate, and I was told that I could take either the the SII or IMC path, as they seem to be equivalent.

My question is more of a practical one. From the job listings I have seen, many cite the IMC as a prerequisite to employment, but none mention SII. Is the IMC preferable in the real world? Is there a difference between the two designations that I am not understanding?

I would appreciate advice.

Investment managers do IMC
Traders/Brokers do SII

courses BPP or 7city
exam CISI institute

hope the above helps