Moving Average crossover Backtester

thats a great website, shame it cannot run a million simulations and return the optimum result

Agreed! Many years ago I used Telechart 2000 and it had the capability to backtest multiple moving average combinations. Wish I still had it today.

Love this tool, easy to confirm many things that I would have used TradingBlox for prevously.

thanks for this

Did I break the back-tester?

Hi All,

I've created a very simple moving average strategy backtester as a hobby project that I hope will be of interest to traders. I'd really appreciate if you could take a look and if possible answer the following questions:

1) What features does it need to be useful
2) Are there any related ideas that would be useful to you? e.g. MACD backtester

You can find it at

www.movingaveragebacktest.com

Thanks for taking a look! :)

Thanks for the tool, love it.

Been playing around with moving averages for months now and also test inverting the moving average numbers.

Meaning the long moving average number is used to calculate the short, and vise versa. First came across this by accident while testing Trading Blox. Some part of me thinks the result should be the same, since the same numbers are used, but apparently not? I know not.

Anyway have a look at the screenshots, did I break tester or are the calculations legit?

I only copied the highest results only I am NOT thinking of this in any way as a workable strategy! !

bc7n.png

mbjxmo.png

nh1jll.png