Monthly Thread: November 2003

Neil, you are welcome. Good to see it is of any help/interest.

On the usdchf trade:

stop: 1.3570

initial target: 1.3870

stop to entry level once we get to 1.3680

Good Day Everybody!

Last edited:
EURJPY sell order was executed @124.80 with 60 pip stop and tp at 121.50 - just as posted yesterday

Hi rezo_s

Do you or anybody know which FX broker/platform would automatically move your stop loss to BE when there's certain pips to your favour?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Swissy long position form yesterday was stopped at entry level;
Have just reentered the trade @1.3653 with stop at 1.3575 and same inittarget ial target 1.3870

Good Luck!

JER08 said:
Hi rezo_s

Do you or anybody know which FX broker/platform would automatically move your stop loss to BE when there's certain pips to your favour?

Thanks in advance.

Hi JER08,

I dont know, but I think you should talk to brokers about it. Maybe there is some broker who will be ready to provide you such service. I dont think there is any trading platform that would do that, - if at all anyone would agree, it is via the dealing desk, but I still doubt.

Anyways good luck! and let us know if you find out something.

Regards,

You could do it using futures and an application written to do just that using IBs API :eek:)

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
You could do it using futures and an application written to do just that using IBs API :eek:)

JonnyT

Thanks for the advice.

When I've made enough £££ I'll hire a programmer to custom-make the trading platform. Think that's the only way.......

Hello everybody.

I was all morning and afternoon till now working with charts. Both recommendations I made here were stopped as you can see. Yes, losses are part of trading, but lately there is something wrong with my trades. Maybe its just a raw of bad trades, and maybe it is not just that. I was checking that out, but there is no definite sign of my mistakes. That is my style, and I cannot change my approach because of it now. Actually, after looking at euro daily chart it may be clearly seen that we are almost in day by day (with little exceptions) copy of move from 1.19 -1.08.
I am always trying to be flexible in market conditions, but recently the bullish $ sentiment was still in place, and still is not gone.
On euro we are @ 1.1605 now after being as high as 1 1620. In order for me to keep bearish view, we need to close below 1.1550, i.e. 1.1620 should cause a strong resistance and hold. In case we don't close above, I will be standing aside for a day-two, maybe more. . .
I think there is also an intervention to be taken in account, which is mixing the market and the technical picture.

Regards,

Rezo

Attachments

• euro.gif
    euro.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 383
JER08 said:
Hi rezo_s

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't www.ninjatrader.com offer exactly this option? I might be mistaken as I dont use it but I seem to recall an option that automatically moves your stop at a predetermined level.

Thanks ross

Yes, they do but only for Interactive Brokers where one can play the currency futures on Globex or CME.

Trouble is these currency futures have very low volume compare to the spot markets at which the FX brokers (i.e OANDA ) opreate.

Last time I took a look of the level 2 screen on Euro/Dolla future, sometimes see: bid 5 ask 6, and not that many below/above.

Maybe it was bedtime in the US.

Hi Everyone,

Took some time off, as one has always keep in shape, and once you feel things are going bad, no matter experience, nerves and health, it is essential to take some time off to rehabilitate. One and two losses are not a problem - losses are part of routine in this business, but once things go really bad, it is necessary to stay even stronger, bcos to keep trading in such situation is the worst thing. Yesterday and today I was off watching the market - only kept myself updated couple times. Either way I needed to see how this move is going, and view has defiantly changed now. I think now we are going to see more USD weakening. Technically it is also well supported, and I think euro is looking towards +1.19, cable looks even better to retest the 1.7050...
I think it is still good time to go selling dollars, and maybe tomorrow being Friday may give chance to take positions.
For euro, 1.1645 looks a good level to go long. Lets hope there will be some profit taking to allow taking long positions.
I will make a reco on euro once/if I enter.
See you all tomorrow,

Good Trades and Best Regards,

Rezo Shmertz.

Hi all,

As I said, I am looking to long euro for at least retest of +1.19, but in my opinion we may be heading higher. Very promsing move is in place.
I hope we see some profit taking today to buy as cheap as possible. After overnight buying, now even 1.1680 looks as a good price. Lets see how things go today.

Good Luck!

Sunday, November 16, 2003

Hi Everyone,

EURUSD:
We are seeing a very confident and potentially strong rising move. Waiting to buy near low 1.17, maybe lower if market will be kind enough. Initial target is +1.19 (around the year highs, but trade may be held for higher target).

USDJPY:
Selling for 106 levels.

GBPUSD:
Retest of 1.7050 is very possible, maybe higher. I will be looking for a buy opportunity.

Attachments

• cable_nov16.gif
    cable_nov16.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 408
USDCHF:
As usual - if euro is strengthening, swissy is also stronger vs dollar. Currently it is no doubt that for market, swissy is even more attractive, and therefore I am seeking sell for a retest of 1.3050 - 1.31 and eventually the year low at 1.28. Now it is almost certianly confirmed to be the classical retracment of 61.8 percent for reversal to come back to resume original move down. I.e, according to this scenario 1.31 should be broken this time. Otherwise ... ... well, we talk about it later if there will be a need.

Of course, at the moment strength of other currencies is also expected against US dollar, but in terms of having projection on majors, I always prefer trading the majors.

I haven't mentioned it for some time now, and to those who follow my posting it will not be new, but still: this pre-opening analysis is based on previous weeks' action and projection is for near 1-2 days after week opening. Afterwards picture may change, and my view in that case should and will change as well; updates are always here for those interested. Sorry, I don't make the market, and I think even if we join all together, we still wont be able to move it for more than couple pips :)

Have a great week,

Kindest Regards,
Rezo Shmertz

Attachments

• swiss_nov16.gif
    swiss_nov16.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 431
Hi Everyone,

Late update today, but I think it may be all we can get for the retracement, and I wanted to post. Market is very bearish on USD, move is technicaly supported, and I think we are going to resume the move soon. Swissy looks even stronger than USD.
Current price = 1.3240

I have put a sell order on USDCHF @1.3265 with 100 pips stop, i.e stop at 1.3375
target is 1.3050, and may be eventually 1.28 retest.
If the order will not be activated, I may enter lower on market price. Will post in that case.

Good Luck,

Rezo

order canceled, entered market a moment ago at 1.3251, same stop and target.
In addition 2 more shorter trades:

short USDCHF @current 1.3251 with 40 pip stop and 60 pip target
long EURUSD @current 1.1748 with 30 pip stop and 50 pip target

Rezo

Current:
EURO = 1.1770/74
USDCHF = 1/3225/30

On a shorter term trades, stops moved to b/e on USDCHF after 30 pip move, on EURUSD after 25 pips move, i.e stops on both short term trades already moved to b/e. Once there is a 40 pip move (even if its ask price), stops will be moved to lock 10 pips.
On longer term target on USDCHF, stop will be moved to b/e once/if we retest the 1.3200 level (once we hit 1.3200, stop will be movd to b/e).

Good Trading!

Quote from rezo_s:

...Late update today...

...I think we are going to resume the move soon. Swissy looks even stronger than USD. . .

I meant to say that swissy seems to be even stronger than EURO against the USD;

typo - just noticed