Mods & Sharky, all new posters to be put into a forum 'sand-pit'...

• Thread starter Black Swan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 6
How about not allowing new posters to start a new thread until after 3 months, would get rid of a lot of the "1000% a day" garbage.

Maybe we could say that they had to either blow an account or Sharky in order to get in. :whistling

image.gif

I have a great idea, why don't we just let the forum evolve in it's own, with out having its outcome dictated by control freaks.
Why make assumptions on what it will become. Maybe we'll be happily surprised, because obviously, trying to control the forum has not worked.

Stupid idea, really (n)

On a good note, I have noticed there are much fewer of the pure spammers, ie: the pennystock spammers. I remember one of the mods talked about doing something to keep the multinicks out. Seems to have worked so far.

Peter

Take Elitetrader as an example, they let anything go there and there is 1/3 the daily visitors as T2W, yet they have 3x the amount of Threads and posts.
Much higher volume of quality reading.

Sharky should really just get rid of all you moderators.

Take Elitetrader as an example, they let anything go there and there is 1/3 the daily visitors as T2W, yet they have 3x the amount of Threads and posts.
Much higher volume of quality reading.

Sharky should really just get rid of all you moderators.

Its not about the quality of posts, or the volume of posts. Its about maximising revenue. the figures for both sites are publically available if your interested.

Try opposite to "REP POINTS", if the post is pointless or spam ete etc etc, members can give negative "Rep" points which is clearly visiable under the avatar, the more "points" you gain, the less meaningful your contribution is, bit like the old rep points we use to have but in reverse,if that makes sense.The more points they have, give them a wide berth so, to speak, just a thought

Try opposite to "REP POINTS", if the post is pointless or spam ete etc etc, members can give negative "Rep" points which is clearly visiable under the avatar, the more "points" you gain, the less meaningful your contribution is, bit like the old rep points we use to have but in reverse,if that makes sense.The more points they have, give them a wide berth so, to speak, just a thought

so long as it doesn't apply to current members, otherwise I'll be negged out of the park..:LOL:

However, I suspect something will have to be done before too long as the sheer number of new posts / threads about nothing in particular are starting to undermine the basic principles of the forum. They are stifling good debate rather than contributing to it. In fact, this thread only appeared on my radar courtesy of John's reply! Had he not seen the thread and posted to it, it could - and probably would - have been lost in a quagmire of mediocrity. Hopefully, other members will come forward with alternative suggestions - or ways in which your idea could be made to work.

You were warned several times that this would be the result of your conduct in moderating this site.

You and your ilk have caused the "quagmire of mediocrity". You have supported the dunces and obstructed the few who are really informed on this subject.

Now you have a zoo full of monkeys, and you wonder how the level of discourse can be elevated. It cannot. You have a zoo full of monkeys. A corrosive environment to every right thinking person, populated by those who know zero.

As for suggestions. There are ways you and your site could be helped. It is ironic that you are now capable of recognising mediocrity. Your failure to recognise excellence is the problem. The staff and moderators are directly responsible for alienating all those who are in a position to help. Your conduct has disqualified you collectively from receiving any effective assistance.

This is not a community, it is a billboard. The downward spiral will continue and it will have a serious impact on the advertising revenue. I predict further that the staff will institute several silly policies in an attempt to correct this situation. Their efforts will fail.

SOCRATES warned you about this years ago, and once again he is correct.

In thinking this through it could actually be a top idea methinks..:) Too many bad rep points and you enter a *sin bin* for a week or so..:LOL:

We all know it will be abused for lulzyness and then the admin will be flooded with complaints and pleads to be reinstated. NGH

I'm afraid that s-n-d is absolutely right. Lovely idea Dinos but, sadly, the lulz merchants would have a field day. That's why I must emphasize (again!) that there's virtually no mileage at all in exploring an all-in-one solution to this problem. By all means address the rep' system issue, but keep it separate from the problem in hand. We've all got more chance of turning £100 into a £1 million in a year trading simple MACD signals than killing these two birds with one stone.
Tim.

We've all got more chance of turning £100 into a £1 million in a year trading simple MACD signals than killing these two birds with one stone.
Tim.

I'm charging $97 for that info, complete with ea. Thanks for the free advertising!

Peter