Modest Proposal

No, it isn't. It is a bitter knitting circle formed by the unsuccessful to gossip about the tutor and blame him for their failure to do the work. Obvious really, and if it were not so serious it would be funni!

That's not how I interpreted it. I read mixed reviews which indicated to me that some people drew value and others didn't. Nothing more, nothing less.

Regardless, I still agree with Arabian that having the the greek back would be a good thing.

Well - I am currently enjoying 'journey from the basement' which is an interesting read, although I still don't know how it will end (don't tell me).

I hope it didn't get cut off in its prime.

. I personally have given away the great majority of all the
books I accumulated, because what you have to learn and master is not to be
found in books, but you have to read them first in the same way that a girl has to
kiss many toads before she can hope to find a prince.

Surely the board needs more of this ! I feel like Michael J Fox reading all these old posts.

. . .

No, it isn't. It is a bitter knitting circle formed by the unsuccessful to gossip about the tutor and blame him for their failure to do the work. Obvious really, and if it were not so serious it would be funni!

. . .

It's a quite affectionate ("Am I being charitable, perhaps – I’m sure some of you reading this will be horrified, but I do believe that some of his ideas were valid and genuine. ") post that, over the next 18 months, attracted 10 comments.

That's hardly a cabal dedicated to slagging you off is it Albert?

hmmmmmm...

having read through the no indicators thread & roughly half of the 'journey' thread - I have to wonder this.

- why would socco want to come back ?
- why isn't T2W begging him to come back ?

It certainly appears that the late 2003 period marked the start of a golden age for T2W. It's not just Socco but the other people in the conversations too and the quality of the conversations being held.

What rings bells for me is that experiential and not mechanical skills are key. Had I not had someone teach me who I had faith in, I may have moved focus to looking for another set of mechanical skills as opposed to sticking with the method and gaining the experience required to gain the 'instinct' (shoot me down for that) required to operate. It is entirely possible that i'd still be bouncing from one thing to another right now.

What is interesting is that I now see that I may be at the start of developing those instincts whereas I had considered myself 90% of the way there. It is worth consideration that making a conscious effort to switch off survival heuristics may take things to another level.

Very interesting stuff indeed, although I am sure I don't do it justice.

You've hit the nail on the head. That period and its contributers focussed on the development of a cognitive skill rather than development of a method/system/gizmo.

Exactly, precisely.

Now the expert contributors were made unwelcome. First, there will always be the duffers and dunces who conspire to reduce any intelligent discussion to their level. Second, the site admin failed to ensure that the collective membership behaved in a manner befitting adults studying a serious profession, not rude spoiled children. The little brats were allowed to repeatedly derail threads, ask rude and inappropriate questions, and generally misbehave. True professionals who have mastered their own conduct according to what the market demands do not appreciate conversing with those who do not demonstrate manners or self control. Neither do they enjoy putting in a great deal of effort to help aspirants only to be retorted to with cheek.

Finally, the owners of Trade2Win and their commercial partners have a pecuniary interest in keeping the masses stupid, lazy, irresponsible, and derelict. Anyone who tells the truth about trading and the work required to become successful, if believed, will take money from the pockets of the advertisers, system peddlers, and spread betting companies who profit at the expense of the naive and the greedy.

This has been explained in the thread "The Hidden Secret Agenda".

It is further ironic that the site is owned and managed by mostly non traders or failed traders. The experts are expected to participate here under the control of those who have not yet achieved success in this profession. There is nothing wrong with being a beginner, but in what other field are beginners entitled to regulate the conduct of true experts?

The situation reminds me of the plot of one of my favourite novels. Several high achievers - true pioneers - have worked tirelessly for years to reach the very top of their potential in their chosen endeavours. Unfortunately, they are made to suffer the burdens imposed by the unsuccessful, the lazy, the "entitled masses". Finally tired of the collective attempts to drill their heads in, regulate them, and confiscate the fruits of their efforts, a small elite group of truly successful people retreat from the masses and associate only with like minded people in an atmosphere of mutual respect and admiration. The masses do not benefit as the experts no longer share their knowledge or wealth.

. . . The little brats were allowed to repeatedly derail threads, ask rude and inappropriate questions . . .
Such as "what's the margin requirement on your positions" and "Why did you claim to have closed a position when you hadn't"? :whistling

Exactly, precisely.

Now the expert contributors were made unwelcome. First, there will always be the duffers and dunces who conspire to reduce any intelligent discussion to their level. Second, the site admin failed to ensure that the collective membership behaved in a manner befitting adults studying a serious profession, not rude spoiled children. The little brats were allowed to repeatedly derail threads, ask rude and inappropriate questions, and generally misbehave. True professionals who have mastered their own conduct according to what the market demands do not appreciate conversing with those who do not demonstrate manners or self control. Neither do they enjoy putting in a great deal of effort to help aspirants only to be retorted to with cheek.

Finally, the owners of Trade2Win and their commercial partners have a pecuniary interest in keeping the masses stupid, lazy, irresponsible, and derelict. Anyone who tells the truth about trading and the work required to become successful, if believed, will take money from the pockets of the advertisers, system peddlers, and spread betting companies who profit at the expense of the naive and the greedy.

This has been explained in the thread "The Hidden Secret Agenda".

It is further ironic that the site is owned and managed by mostly non traders or failed traders. The experts are expected to participate here under the control of those who have not yet achieved success in this profession. There is nothing wrong with being a beginner, but in what other field are beginners entitled to regulate the conduct of true experts?

The situation reminds me of the plot of one of my favourite novels. Several high achievers - true pioneers - have worked tirelessly for years to reach the very top of their potential in their chosen endeavours. Unfortunately, they are made to suffer the burdens imposed by the unsuccessful, the lazy, the "entitled masses". Finally tired of the collective attempts to drill their heads in, regulate them, and confiscate the fruits of their efforts, a small elite group of truly successful people retreat from the masses and associate only with like minded people in an atmosphere of mutual respect and admiration. The masses do not benefit as the experts no longer share their knowledge or wealth.

ccc

Yes, it's also true, of course, that several of the expert contributors had such thin skins that they regarded any disagreement with what they were saying as insults of the worst kind. Those who were not prepared to worship at the experts' altar were cast off as unworthy and treated with rudeness and disdain.

To my mind a true expert who wants to help people develop their trading skills on public boards such as these should be prepared to suffer a sprinkling of "duffers and dunces" and not insult them for their ignorance.

If T2W really wants to keep people "stupid, lazy, irresponsible, and derelict" or to keep the "truth" hidden so as to protect the interests of advertisers you might ask why the Socrates threads are still on the boards. Wouldn't they have been long gone?

Lastly, who are you to say whether T2W personnel are traders or not, or successful or not - you can't possibly know. In any event it matters not a jot - T2W does not of itself purport to be expert in trading. It is merely a vehicle upon which such experts can ride.

cheers

jon

ccc

Yes, it's also true, of course, that several of the expert contributors had such thin skins that they regarded any disagreement with what they were saying as insults of the worst kind. Those who were not prepared to worship at the experts' altar were cast off as unworthy and treated with rudeness and disdain.

To my mind a true expert who wants to help people develop their trading skills on public boards such as these should be prepared to suffer a sprinkling of "duffers and dunces" and not insult them for their ignorance.

If T2W really wants to keep people "stupid, lazy, irresponsible, and derelict" or to keep the "truth" hidden so as to protect the interests of advertisers you might ask why the Socrates threads are still on the boards. Wouldn't they have been long gone?

Lastly, who are you to say whether T2W personnel are traders or not, or successful or not - you can't possibly know. In any event it matters not a jot - T2W does not of itself pupport to be expert in trading. It is merely a vehicle upon which such experts can ride.

cheers

jon

the why did you clean up posts from 50 pips thread?

because he can`t take criticism or because he likes to call other people retards?

his was only one request - several others wanted the thread cleaned up. report any posts that remain if they are insulting and we'll deal with them too.

What sort of attitude is this? You would be happy to associate with a scammer if you could get something out of it? What a profound lack of character.

You clearly don't know the meaning of the word associate. This is a forum. I don't associate with anyone here. Very important for discourse that you don't use words you don't understand the meaning of.

But regardless I will answer your intent which is why would you listen to anything a scammer has to say. Firstly, I don't assume he is a scammer (although there does appear to be some evidence of this), but secondly and more importantly for me, my interest is in learning. If there were a political forum, I'd be happy to read Hitler's posts. It is not a lack of character, it is open mindedness. Just because someone has bad character, does not mean there is nothing to be learned from him, whether it be learning what to do, or what not to do. I pity you if you haven't realised that education or insight can come from unexpected places, and that you shouldn't close off your mind just because you dislike a person.

Why do you feel entitled to any of it? Should he not be permitted to choose where, how, and if to share his knowledge? I say good for Mr M as very few of you lot deserve to be shown anything.

Again, this is a forum. If you contribute to a thread, you have done it of your own free will. To delete all your posts, is disturbing to the flow of the threads, and disrupting the continuity. If you are unwilling for what you have written to last, then don't post at all, nobody is forcing you.

As for who deserves to be shown anything...your arrogance is evident. You don't know everyone on this forum, you don't know who is deserving or who is not, nor are you in any authority to decide. If you don't want to contribute, then don't.

This thread was to do with allowing a banned member who made some interesting posts once, to post again. IN the interest of open-mindedness, I fully support him to be given a second chance. I'm sure you'll find something to argue or criticise about my post, but that says more about you than I.