Mike Douglas and MTA Online SCAM

I think Matt Travis and MTALive have reached a new low with the new idea of taking 2 homeless people, giving them £10,000 and trying to make them millionaires in a year.

I am all for helping the homeless, but exploiting the homeless for sensationalistic advertising is just plain wrong.

However insignificant Matt Travis thinks the homeless are (which is very wrong), this is still people’s lives they are messing with. It takes more than just a wad of cash to help and support the homeless.

So, Matt Travis and MTALive, are you simply scammers using sensationalistic advertising and exploiting the vulnerable?
I throw down the gauntlet and challenge you.

Give the first £10,000 to a homeless charity today, right now, to immediately help the homeless this winter.

Use the second £10,000 to open an account and either you Matt or one of your experts trade the account for a year to turn it into the claimed £1Million. Then Donate that £1Million to homeless charities this time next year.

This way more homeless get help in a better way and you still get to trade an account from £10,000 to £1Million to prove your methods.

MTA no more ? Mike Douglas setting up solo

Seem that Mike Douglas has left MTA live and set up something new, pretty much identical to MTA live have a look - hhttp://mdtradinguk.com

Interesting.

Looking at Companies House, Matt Travis resigned as a director of MTALIVE Limited on 10/12/2016, although appears to retain shareholding (25%; Mike Douglas holds 75% shareholding and is the remaining director). https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09210459/officers

You will also see that Matt Travis incorporated MTAKEOVER.COM Limited on 24/11/2016 (what an awful name, btw). He's the sole director and has 75% shareholding, with the remaining 25% held by Mr Peter Andrew Love. See: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10494879 The company name is also registered as a website (which I won't bother posting here), although it's an almost mirror image of the MTA website, and still references MTA and links to MTA's facebook / Twitter, etc. It's also still full of awful grammar and spelling that plagued the original MTA website.

So, it actually looks like Mike Douglas is taking over MTA?

Last edited:
If you read the latest confirmation statement for Mtalive ltd you will see all the shares were transferred to Mike Douglas, so Mike owns 100% of MTA with Matt Travis now owning 0%.

If you read the latest confirmation statement for Mtalive ltd you will see all the shares were transferred to Mike Douglas, so Mike owns 100% of MTA with Matt Travis now owning 0%.

Yes you're right, good point. Perhaps we now know what 'The Takeover' refers to!

I was almost caught in the Web of scammer Matt Travis. He posted a football bet on facebook of him losing £7000 (hahaa). He bragged that the £16k winnings would just be a days wage.

So i went on his facebook profile, there is posts of him boasting expensive watches, apartments and winning trades totalling 100k in some weeks. I must say it is very convincing and does seem ligit.

However searching him on Google brought me here. I don't know who you are but massive thanks to LaserTrader for exposing this idoit Matt Travis and saving me the £1000 I would have put in sewer rats pocket. PLEASE before anyone thinks about throwing your money at him read this thread.

Thanks to LaserTrader and InTheKnow22 for the evidence they have used to own this jerk. He cannot disprove the evidence of him being a fraud and only throws insults. In his defence he just makes empty statement so there's no reason to believe anything.

This guy is scum and needs to be shutdown. He has no comeback from what you have proved. Fake pictures of cars, edited videos, winning trades that have been proved false, lies about owning offices on shard when they were rented. It's all a big lie to help sell the scam.

I think he's just a very good marketer and if you don't know better you can end up losing bug money.

I'm glad I'm not filling his pockets
If you are thinking this guy seems nice and genuine and all that then just read all this thread.

Thanks

Who does Matt Travis think he is trying to claim he coined the phrase 'Trade what you see, not what you think' - That is one of the most common phrases in trading technical analysis. He is posting videos saying the quote on facebook and quote pictures of himself on instagram.
This is almost as pathetic as his constant Conor McGreggor quotes he uses. Who the F%@K use a McGreggor quote in the name of their business? - MTAKEOVER.

hahahaha.... I got involved with this Idiot! AVOID MATT TRAVIS Like the plague...... MAssively un-ethical practices, He and Mike Douglas have parted ways, and I wouldn't go near Mike Douglas either.... MATT HAS CHANGED HIS BROKER 6 TIMES OVER THE LAST YEAR!!! Each time different excuses of why and how the brokers have let him down, when actually I have spoken to every broker, ETX Capital, 24FX, One Financial, LCG, Oanda/XMFX and now he is using another one but I don't know who, as this last move was just the straw that broker the camels back, each of the these brokers offer significant renumeration for account referals and you get paid after one month... so Mr SCAM Travis has conned 600 people to swap each time making £500 - £800 p/p.... This Netts MR TRAVIS OVER £2.5Million in referal commisions, whilst the education never stacks up and anyone that questions him is simply thrown out of the groups. I stayed with them so I could write this report but cannot stand by anymore and I have now left....

In one of his latest BS webinars he was slating Mike Douglas for being a fraud! When all the while in the MTA 'pitch' they say that Matt was Mike's first apprentice and he taught matt all he knows!! loool you coulnd't make it up....

He then goes on to say you need to learn from people who have been teaching people for years not months, As One of his ''MONEY MANAGERS'' HAYD has set up his own scam outfit, ETG I believe, Whos pressence is even more adalescent than that of this idiot Travis... and is trying to steal MTA's clients... He clearly wasn't making the £200k he's splashed all over Facebook as Hayd Making!! I digress so he was saying about learning from those with experience and he introduces his teachers, James and Paul.... James who was an Apprentice and hadn't traded before meeting Matt two years ago... and Paul, who, I know someone who knows Paul personally and he was some sort of engineer 6 months ago and had never traded before! obviously got a nice little severance to start teaching and giving all his ''years'' of experience teaching......

Someone needs to shut this guy down, what a bloody joke he is, he's not ruining peoples lives but you will NEVER be a successful trader under this guy! His education is BS and ALL the money managers are just all his mates!! loool... what happened to the builder Josh... met him at a bootcamp.... 100% not on 6 figure sums and struggled to keep up with the bootcamp himself! pretty sure he was stoned all the way through it.

OOHHHH Lets not forget the reviews!!!.... We were offered bonuses to give MTA the best review possible on FACEBOOK, basically paying people to give them 5*s No wonder there are 75 essays of how good MTA are.... there are no bounds to the deciet, and On the MTAKEOVER.com site is says that they fund the whole programme!! looool clearly clearly bloody doesn't - £2.5mil in referal fee's last year.... that'll do nicely I am sure MR Travis you fraud

You're absolutely right. The whole thing is just a very basic form of sales. It's absolute nonsense. Get numbers through the door and take commission from brokers. I don't have problem with this business model, I get it, all companies do the same. I have a problem with the way they conduct themselves and their claim to be transparent is laughable.

It's obvious they don't make a penny through trading. They claim to have a wealth of knowledge and their results 'speak for themselves'. I literally have no idea what these results are and you'd never find a single verified track record for any of these clowns. They just post the odd good winner on Facebook or Instagram and believe me, they milk it. It all goes extremely quiet or hostile when the inevitable string of losing trades occur. After a loser the 'apprentice' traders are made to feel like they have done something wrong and that the majority of clients are up on their accounts.

Any educator worth listening to should be published/FCA regulated/asked their opinion by major print or broadcast networks. Surely?

The sad thing is, they will continue operate as they have a huge target market. It's not nice to say, but they prey on the lesser educated masses. They are sold a dream. Easy money is all they desire. They are told they can become self sufficient traders even though the majority start with £1000. It's just not achievable.

Barely any of them actually do any research into the industry they are entering and what it takes to become a full time trader, therefore, they are easily manipulated by MTA.

Does anybody know if MTA get a cut of the spreads on each trade that the apprentices place along with the joining fee the broker gives them?

Interesting Facebook post from Mr Travis today: "Our company is MTAKEOVER LTD - search companies house, not MTA trading. (YES, were authorised to trade)"

This is presumably in response to the fact that there is, coincidentally, a business called 'MTA Trade' listed on the FCA register with a notice advising they are an unauthorised firm. Matt then makes the claim that MTAKEOVER Ltd are "authorised to trade", which is technically not incorrect - he can, of course, trade with his own money; but, MTAKEOVER Ltd are NOT authorised to trade client money, or even handle client funds (as of 27/02/2017, they do not appear on the FCA register).

He then says: "You're [who?] now being investigated for a huge criminal case or using false information and lies to discredit and well organised and profitable company" (sic).

Aside from the fact this sentence is barely coherent, it's genuinely laughable - not least because libel is not criminal. Whether MTA is well organised is obviously a matter of opinion, and we don't have sight of company accounts to know whether the company is profitable, although I have no reason to doubt it isn't.

Does anyone have any insight into why they split out MTA Live Limited and MTAKEOVER Limited? Does anyone have any dealings with the new company that might be worth feeding back?

He then says: "You're [who?] now being investigated for a huge criminal case or using false information and lies to discredit and well organised and profitable company" (sic).

Aside from the fact this sentence is barely coherent, it's genuinely laughable - not least because libel is not criminal. Whether MTA is well organised is obviously a matter of opinion, and we don't have sight of company accounts to know whether the company is profitable, although I have no reason to doubt it isn't.

Does anyone have any insight into why they split out MTA Live Limited and MTAKEOVER Limited? Does anyone have any dealings with the new company that might be worth feeding back?

Matt is well known for making outlandish statements which make him sound big and scary. There is no criminal case, he is just scared himself and hitting back with an empty threat. The problem with MTA is that they have this strange cult like following. I have been in the whatsapp groups and some people really seem to worship Matt for whatever he does. He could give 3 straight useless loosing trades and they still will say how great he is and their belief for him is never stronger. So he can make these threats knowing his cult will back him up.

With regards the company name change, I believe it all started when Mike Douglas parted ways with Matt. Matt then had to change the name to an unpronounceable word. (What was he thinking with mtakeover?) He used to always talk about having 'money coming out his earholes' from clients/investors that his apprentices were to one day trade if successful. Then he suddenly stopped saying this; presumably for the reason you stated above.

It's always very funny how every 6-8 weeks they have to deal with more and more disgruntled customers. Somehow its never their fault and this growing number of people are all wrong. Surely their days are numbered.

All of Matt and co's recent posts are in response to posts by this page, the Stockbible - https://www.facebook.com/TheStockBible/

Stockbible recently published a negative review of MTA/ Mtakeover. The review is not actually very well written nor does it even come close to exposing the full scale of Mtakeover's dubious practises, but the comments on the page are extremely revealing as there is finally a Facebook forum where people can post problems with MTA without MTA being able to delete the comments. Several people claiming to have paid £5,000 directly into Matt's bank account for courses then they never received the training they paid for. And a significant number of people unhappy with the quality of training they received from MTA, or kicked out out of the groups for questioning the legitimacy of the operation.

You will also see on the Stockbible page a copy of a letter from MTA's former broker, LCG, stating that MTA's introducing broker agreement was terminated due to MTA's deceptive advertising material being in breach of contract.

MTA are no longer in the Shard, their rented office there was emptied a month or two ago. They do not currently have a London office, despite what they may claim.

Hopefully a journalist with a bit more clout and investigative ability than the Stockbible will pick up on the story soon and finally give these guys what's coming to them.

MTA really do make some outrageous claims! Last week there was a screenshot on Instagram showing profits of £290k in the week - I asked why they only ever show profit, never showing any withdrawals from these accounts were they demo?... comment deleted and I was blocked! Then some absolute cretin responded saying its only profits cos they've had a great week?! Yes mate, why don't you ever withdraw the profit from the account?!

Very good point, I hadnt ever thought of that. I will defo be asking that question on his next IG post. I will expect to also be blocked as I am currently blocked on Whatsapp, Facebook and even snapchat. The reason? - Matt offered us all a two day free scalping course if we all changed broker around the new year. I obliged and after two months of asking when we are getting the scalping class he blocked me off everything. Scum bag..

this is fundamentally the problem. They promote all this ****e all over social media claiming to be making loads of money from trading - if anyone questions anything they delete the comments and block you from being able to make anymore?!

why does no one ask this one very simple question... if they really made so much money from trading why would he be needing apprentices on a free course?! what would be the point?!

if that was me and I was actually making that kind of money in a week and wanted to show off and big myself up or attract people to pay for a course with me I would show WITHDRAWALS out of the trading account. Never ever seen one on any of his posts for any kind of value let alone for £200k?!

the whole setup is bordering on criminal!

Hilarious interview with Matt Travis by "Total Human" magazine. What a coincidence that the totalhuman.co.uk domain name is owned by MTA with the registered address as Matt's mum's house. https://www.itsmatttravis.com/interview

Whatever happened to making homeless people millionaires? It's nearly 5 months since this project supposedly started with zero updates.

Likewise what happened to the charity go-karting session which was supposed to take place last week with a phenomenal 2.5% of the profits donated to charity? Can you donate profits from a demo account anyway?

Also what happened to the FCA authorisation which Matt promised was "1 week away" months ago now?

Hilarious interview with Matt Travis by "Total Human" magazine. What a coincidence that the totalhuman.co.uk domain name is owned by MTA with the registered address as Matt's mum's house. https://www.itsmatttravis.com/interview

:LOL::LOL: I just noticed this. It's possibly one of the funniest things I've read, made even more hilarious by the fact that totalhuman.co.uk is registered to MTA, as you correctly point out. The likelihood of him being a millionaire is close to zero; the claim that MTA, or indeed MTAKEOVER, are multi-million pound businesses is a demonstrable lie (just look at Companies House filings).

Just in case he changes the registered owner, here's a screen grab:
Capture.PNG

As regards the FCA authorisation... :LOL: It seems he's resorted to posting quasi-meaningful platitudes ripped off from all corners of the internet, and to claiming that he is, and I quote, "not as flashy as he could be"; although if writing an article about yourself isn't, then what is?