Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

Tim assures us nothing has changed, and I have no cause to either disbelieve him, or to believe him.

I tend to favour an evidence based approach (like wot i do when trading) I would suggest starting a thread slagging off one of the many other vendors who previously could not be be named and shamed, and see how thats handled.

If there's been a general shift in moderation policy, or any of the other reasons Tim provided, then the thread should remain, if the threads pulled, or posts deleted, then its a reasonable indication that the rules are being applied selectively.

It may of course be an indication of other things, such as some vendors taking a more agressive stance at reputation management, but I'm sure we could design a suitable experiment to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Whilst I more than welcome the lulz this issue provides, I am genuinely interested in knowing why t2w would stand by and allow a bunch of annonymous forum members potentially damage the reputations and carears of a group of possibly innocent people. Both current and potential advertisers must be aware of whats happening, and in an industry where exaggerated claims are commonplace, its hardly reassuring, who's going to be singled our for a mauling from the mob next ?

I've discussed the imortance of perception with Tim on numerous occassions, and we are unlikely to agree, but the fact that this thread hasnt been heavily edited, or removed from public view whilst the accusations are reviewed, does send out a very clear signal. Its not an endorsement, but its a signal.

Compare the way the accusations in this thread are allowed to stay, with the accusations a few weeks ago that a vendor had double charged a credit card. In that case the accusations where almost certainly unsubstantiated, and the thread was initially removed from public view, edited, and IIRC, completely removed (which was the right thing to do)

I think I'm correct in stating that the vendor accused of double charging a credit card runs his business as a sideline, selling a niche software component to a small market, and isnt 100% reliant on income from that business. if the worst came to the worst and his reputation had been totally detroyed, I'm sure he'd survive.

If the details provided to the court are correct, Mr B is relient on income from his training business (he's not employed by anyone in a full time capacity, nor does he trade). A number of others are also relient on this buiness for their livelihoods, and the damage that these accuations could cause could be serious.

There has to be a very good reason why t2w are showing absolutely no concern for the damage that these allegations are causing, particularly when being made against a company with a history of threatening litgation.

intriguing isnt it :)

Perhaps Mike has just done a Ryan Giggs and gave it up as a waste of time. Lets face it the allegations are all over the internet. I was reading about an ongoing super injunction the other day, it was discussed at the Levenson enquiry and very few details were given. However even then I was able to identify who they were talking about in 5 minutes. You cant hide stuff now by simply arguing its not true.

I think the approach these trading gurus are taking now is to bombard the internet with fake positive reviews and hope to push the truthful stuff down google. Secker is a prime example of this, he even has pages that you find when searching for 'Greg Secker scam' but of course when you read them they say he's actually a great guy. This costs a lot of money but probably less than lawyers charge.

I think Ive found out who Malcolm Steele really is. I recognised one of his previous speeches, very similar tone don't you think? Probably destined for a similarly disappointing result though.

"Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability, and I want you to know that we are with you, hatta al-nasr, hatta al-nasr, hatta al-Quds [until victory, until victory, until Jerusalem]."

Last edited:
Yet again the bailiffs visit Training Traders to collect on an unpaid bill.
Happened on Monday.
This is the 4th visit by bailiffs to Training Traders in recent times that we know of.
Would the "official company spokesman" or "Matt" like to come on and make the now customary denial ??? Or, is the penny finally dropping. Its not your fault guys but please do not try and defend the indefensible.

For anyone who does not understand the significance of this, it is an indication of a business run by Mike Baghdady and Ben Tuckey, that does not pay its bills and meets its financial obligations. The bailiffs are appointed by another party who has not been paid as almost last resort in an attempt to get what they are owed. More soon.

If the details provided to the court are correct, Mr B is relient on income from his training business (he's not employed by anyone in a full time capacity, nor does he trade). A number of others are also relient on this buiness for their livelihoods, and the damage that these accuations could cause could be serious.

it :)

Hare

I suspect you have spent the period of your recent ban reading back issues of The Guardian. Of course some people will suffer if this outfit goes to the wall because of the revelations raised here. Those may well be very decent people, in fact I'm sure they are. However if you were to rob the bank in St Julian's and get caught I'm sure your family would suffer greatly. Does that mean that you should be allowed to rob every bank in Malta just because holding you accountable would have a detrimental effect on innocent people? What about the bank clerks in the next place you go to rob? Do they not deserve to be protected from you (read future course students)?

I suspect you have spent the period of your recent ban reading back issues of The Guardian.

Not at all, I spent it hugging trees :LOL:

Bank fraud, rather than armed robbery is more my style, but I understand the point. The sacrifice of a few innocents to save a greater number, is always justified

Not at all, I spent it hugging trees :LOL:

Bank fraud, rather than armed robbery is more my style, but I understand the point. The sacrifice of a few innocents to save a greater number, is always justified

Where did you find a tree to hug on that rock?

Hidden agenda pure and simple.

I think the agenda is quite clear. Some people want to shaft him because they havnt been paid, others because he threatened them last time. If anybody thinks they are going to put him out of business and then take over the 'pay to be trained' business then they've seriously miscalculated. Anybody that has been connected to this outfit in the past can forget about it, your name is forever associated with Mahmoud and his dodgy dealings.

Yet again the bailiffs visit Training Traders to collect on an unpaid bill.
Happened on Monday.
This is the 4th visit by bailiffs to Training Traders in recent times that we know of.
Would the "official company spokesman" or "Matt" like to come on and make the now customary denial ??? Or, is the penny finally dropping. Its not your fault guys but please do not try and defend the indefensible.

For anyone who does not understand the significance of this, it is an indication of a business run by Mike Baghdady and Ben Tuckey, that does not pay its bills and meets its financial obligations. The bailiffs are appointed by another party who has not been paid as almost last resort in an attempt to get what they are owed. More soon.
Maybe the 'official spokesmen' have joined the exodus and left the company as well?

It's amazing that bailiffs would need to arrive at the offices of such reputable traders and businessmen like Mike Baghdady & Ben Tuckey. Given that they're soooo honest in their claims and haven't made up one insy winsy bit of information, I can only assume the bailiffs went to the wrong company......

Or maybe........

Seems that the bailiffs were there on Monday on behalf of the landlord, looking for the rent. Nice business people at Training Traders.

Seems that the bailiffs were there on Monday on behalf of the landlord, looking for the rent. Nice business people at Training Traders.

Forgive me if I haven't been following the thread close enough...How do you know this information to be true?

Peter

Forgive me if I haven't been following the thread close enough...How do you know this information to be true?

Peter

I assume they are well enough placed to know, however the problem is they are not posting any proof and this can lead to allegations that they are making it up. It would be better if they'd go and pay for a County Court search (£4) and then have the proof to back all this up.

THE TURTLES HAVE STOPPED TRADING & LIQUIDATED THEIR POSITIONS

That's right folks, following the visit by the bailiffs on Monday, the Turtles were instructed to liquidate their positions.

THE TURTLES HAVE STOPPED TRADING & LIQUIDATED THEIR POSITIONS

That's right folks, following the visit by the bailiffs on Monday, the Turtles were instructed to liquidate their positions.

I'll ask the same question.
How do you know this to be true?

Many here have criticized the TT spokesperson for his earlier responses and now others are laying out claims without any proof to back it up. I have long questioned the validity of several posters on this thread on both sides of the argument which is why I stopped following it much anymore.

Peter

I didnt know bailiffs would accept payment in demo money :LOL:

If the bailiffs are court appointed (and they should be) then I assume there will be a court record available somewhere. Somebody go and find it, I can't do everything for you. If nobody can be bothered to do that then its probably best to give up mentioning it.