Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

Hahaha that is funny, Im not attacking so I must be a plant. Classic.

If you read my posts properly, you will see I said who I am and why I am here (unlike yourself) . I came here looking for constructive discussion but it just appears to be a personal attack and witch hunt.

As I previous mentioned I like to establish the credibility of those giving me advice, pboyles has raised some interesting points but if he simply dishes dirt on all training company then he loses credibility.

Somone in a post suggested Dibyarbuthnot the originator or this thread could be a disgruntled ex-employee. If that is the case the motive of the thread is wrong from the outset. That is why I asked Digbyarbuthnot to say who he is.

For me, I know which way now, away from this useless topic and site.

Hello again Which Way Now

Welcome back to our grown-up debate, where The Leopard has very clearly laid out 10 questions that keep being asked and NEVER being answered.

It's amusing how you keep returning on here to talk about people losing their credibility for spurious reasons such as exposing training companies who are not worthy of your money. Personally, I think it's laudable to expose fraud, scammers etc, but obviously you don't, which is telling.

Use your brain and think about the credibility that Mike Baghdady has had totally shredded because he refuses to give a straight answer to the very clear, very concise and very well-worded questions put up last night by The Leopard.

Stop trying to play silly games and keep on topic. Or you might end up losing your credibility!!!

Neil & Lightning McQueen,

You are both of course long-standing members of good repute, and your opinions deserve a respectful audience. However, I do feel that we must be fair to Mr Baghdady. He (possibly via his official spokesman) is I hope engaged in answering 10 very specific questions that have been addressed to him. I hope I do not flatter myself unduly when I say that these questions are succinct, to the point and well-constructed.

These questions principally relate to a number of allegations (as far as I am aware as yet unproven) that I understand have frequently been levelled against him on this forum and elsewhere. Some of these allegations are I believe potentially quite serious in nature.

I am sure you both take the view that I do, namely that the allegations are false, and expect as I do a categorical denial. I think it only fair to allow him (via his official spokesman) time to respond to the allegations (as yet unproven) and I hope you will join me in congratulating him on his eventual vindication on all matters, which is I am sure the outcome we all expect and desire.

So for the moment perhaps the question of the success of the turtles should be left until they have had longer to prove themselves. Your solicitousness on their behalf does you both great credit, and I agree with the sentiment that you have expressed, namely his courses are unlikely to be of much use if a small "exhibition" group, tutored closely by the great "33 year veteran of the global financial markets", cannot succeed.

As I say, your concern shows great generosity of spirit. But I for one believe that we can rest easy knowing they are in the hands of "the world's foremost expert on Price Behaviour".

Come to think of it, that rather suggests another question, does it not? I rather think it does.

Make sure you get cash up front... they have a history of not paying :LOL:

The notes will probably have baghdaddy's (excellent stage name btw) kite on.

Tell you what mate I have a bit of respect for these guys now. I always thought they were ripping people off for chump change or losing it all a la wasp but some of these people are bona fide millionaires. A+ for effort.

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum and the last on this thread. I don't wish to partake in this squabble; simply I am here to post my review of the course.

I took the course in Jan and have nothing but good things to say about the program and the staff. With little prior experience in trading, I left the course with valuable insight, new tools and most importantly great enthusiasm.
It is not a magic pill, it takes hard work and diligence to become successful but nonetheless this is a great stepping stone towards that goal.

The day trading package cost me £4.2k, for this I got:
-Six day course - can retake as many times as I like
-Four months live online mentoring (4 hours a day)
-Trading software (4 months), which is not essential, though it is useful.
-Support - I can email screen shorts of trades for review

Overall, I am happy with my decision to take course and I would recommend it.

15096501.jpg

What do you think about this idea? - the best way to find out if the course is worth the money IMO.

I'm willing to give some time and effort and to take the course. I would only do this if I can get the course and the software free of charge. Afterwards I will give my opinion.

PS I checked the address on Google map/ street view - I wouldn't say it's a deprived area.

For the attention of Malcolm Steel or other official spokesman for Mr Baghdady:

I am sure that Mr Baghdady prides himself on his honesty and greatly values his good name. I am therefore confident that he would never make use of misleading or exaggerated claims to promote his training services.

Question 11

On the website of FX Street, to which Mr Baghdady is a frequent and (doubtless) valued and valuable contributor, there is a short biography of Mr Baghdady. In this he is described as "the world's foremost expert on Price Behaviour".

I believe it is reasonable to suggest that his participation in said website is clearly for promotional purposes relating to to his training business. The link to his website above the biography, for example, would seem to suggest this quite forcibly.

I assume that Mr Baghdady has either supplied the biography or at the least approved its form and content, and may therefore be held responsible for its veracity.

I am willing to accept the claim at face value. Alas! The world is full of suspicious people and, let us not forget, suspicious official bodies involved in the regulation of advertising and the prevention of obtaining gain through false claims. These people, and let us not forget, official bodies, often require proof of claims made in the course of promotional activities, and may take a dim view of the situation if such proofs are not forthcoming when requested.

I would therefore like to offer Mr Baghdady (via his official spokesman) the opportunity to silence the Doubting Thomas types by answering the following questions:

On what basis do you make the claim in promotional materials that Mr Baghdady is "the world's foremost expert on Price Behaviour"? Which body, if any, has conferred upon him this title? Which qualified persons, if any, have described him thus, and what are their qualifications for making such a pronouncement?

Further, what objective criteria have you used to determine that Mr Baghdady is in fact "the world's foremost expert on Price Behaviour"?

This matter is of course of the utmost seriousness because the title may cause people to part with substantial sums of money in order to experience the privilege of being trained by such an eminent individual. It is vital therefore that the claim (which is expressed unequivocally as fact) is accurate and verifiable.

Neil & Lightning McQueen,

I am sure you both take the view that I do, namely that the allegations are false, and expect as I do a categorical denial. I think it only fair to allow him (via his official spokesman) time to respond to the allegations (as yet unproven) and I hope you will join me in congratulating him on his eventual vindication on all matters, which is I am sure the outcome we all expect.

You might want to prepare yourself for a disappointment. I wouldn't want the shock of it to be too much for you.

You might want to prepare yourself for a disappointment. I wouldn't want the shock of it to be too much for you.

Pboyles you have impressed me as reasonable and articulate person, one whom I believe also to be honest.

To this list of attributes I must now add caring. Your expression of concern is most kind.

However, whilst I am fully in favour of being prepared, what does it profit me to be prepared for the impossible? For such is my feeling regarding the outcome you suggest.

It appears that we are on different sides in this debate, but I trust this is in the guise of opponents and not of enemies.

I am confident that a satisfactory reply to the questions will shortly be forthcoming from Mr Baghdady (possibly via his official spokesman). I trust and hope that when such a reply is forthcoming you will own that you have been mistaken. I will of course do the same in the (in my view very nearly impossible) event that I was mistaken.

It is with a sense of sadness and disappointment that I write this post. Sadness and disappointment but not despair, for I remain ever hopeful that the errant will mend their ways.

It has come to my attention that certain members have made frivolous posts. I would remind them that this is a serious thread dealing with serious matters, and is not a place for your "lolz" or whatever childish behaviour is called in the argot of the internet japester.

Scose-no-doubt, for example, posted a very silly picture here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/144314-mike-baghdady-should-i-take-course-not-31.html#post1796568

Doubtless he found it amusing, as did at least one other aficionado of puerile humour , who inexplicably saw fit to recommend it!

To him and others like him, I issue the following appeal:

Kindly refrain from interrupting this thread with your childish outbursts!

There are two reasons for this appeal. First, the subject of this thread is a serious and accomplished man who deserves to be treated with respect. He is "the world's foremost expert on Price Behaviour" (evidence hopefully following shortly). Is that clear? The foremost expert - there is none better. That has been stated in promotional material, without qualification, quite clearly.

A thread concerning such an eminent individual should be conducted in an adult fashion, and not interrupted by the childish hootings of foolish individuals.

There is a second reason, but it is so important that I think it requires a post of its own.

Having no prior experience of trading, I recently did the Training Traders Courses. It was really worth every penny. I have also now repeated the course and the whole approach of studying price behaviour is starting to make sense. The support is really excellent and where else one can repeat the course, free of charge, as many times as required to build up the experience. The whole team at Training Traders has been very supportive, especially Mike Baghdady. I cannot give enough credit to Mike. He has been really inspirational and with his approach of trading, together with dedication, discipline & hard work, you can be a successful trader.
You can indeed go to a free seminar and check this out yourself.
Naika

I referred in a previous post to a second reason why this thread should proceed in an adult and orderly fashion. It is this:

It has been alleged, although as far as I am aware not proven, that Mr Baghdady has made a number of claims. These claims have apparently been used in the promotion of his training services - in other words, to induce members of the public to part with monies in return for training provided by Mr Baghdady, and thereby to secure financial gain for Mr Baghdady.

It has been alleged that some of these claims are untrue.

Pboyles helpfully provided a link to the text of the Fraud Act 2006. It is worth quoting at some length:

2 Fraud by false representation

(1)A person is in breach of this section if he—

(a)dishonestly makes a false representation, and

(b)intends, by making the representation—

(i)to make a gain for himself or another, or

(ii)to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

(2)A representation is false if—

(a)it is untrue or misleading, and

(b)the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.

(3)“Representation” means any representation as to fact or law, including a representation as to the state of mind of—

(a)the person making the representation, or

(b)any other person.

(4)A representation may be express or implied.

(5)For the purposes of this section a representation may be regarded as made if it (or anything implying it) is submitted in any form to any system or device designed to receive, convey or respond to communications (with or without human intervention).

Many of the claims that it is alleged that Mr Baghdady has made are highly impressive, and it is reasonable to assume that, if indeed they were made, they might have induced members of the public to pay for his training services. The cost of such training is not small - courses are on offer on his website costing up to £4,250. Although the cost is substantial, doubtless the value offered is excellent. But I digress.

I am not an expert in English law, but it seems possible that if false claims have been made (and I stress again that this is unproven) with the aim of promoting his service, this might constitute fraud under the terms of the Act quoted above. I personally am sure that this is not the case, and am convinced that no fraud has taken place. However, others might be of different opinion.

It is therefore only right that the thread remain orderly and serious in its nature. It is probably also best if Mr Baghdady (possibly via his official spokesman) responds to the questions that have been raised, and that in a timely fashion.

Members may have remarked upon the large number of posts in support of Mr Baghdady, and the rather general nature of such posts. They may also have remarked upon the lack of response to enquiries on specific points, despite Malcolm Steel (who has responded in an official capacity for Mr Baghdady) being active on this thread today. I personally do not find this remarkable at all, but others might be of different opinion.

Interesting....you repped it !

Hmm. That is indeed curious and I confess I cannot think how such a thing came to be.

Still, to paraphrase the inimitable F E Smith, it is not for us, C_V, to attempt to fathom the inscrutable workings of Providence.

:)

Has this turned into Downton Abbey? What next, a gentleman of middle eastern appearance flogging some sort of training course to the Earl of Grantham? "Youll be a millionaire this time next year m'lod if only you'll follow my price action course".

Still it's nice to see some old fashioned manners on display. There's too many chavs nowadays.

So, how long do we wait for this "eventual vindication on all matters"? My coffee is getting cold and I need more popcorn.

Peter

So, how long do we wait for this "eventual vindication on all matters"? My coffee is getting cold and I need more popcorn.

Peter

Seek comfort in the thoughts of Saint Augustine, and know that "Patience is the companion of wisdom."

That said, other participants might reflect on the words of the great English writer Thomas Fuller, who reminds us that "Abused patience turns to fury."

Now we get even more first time posters gushing about how great Baggdaddy and the training is.

I don't know about anyone else but they all seem to read like they come out of a marketing pack.

Got to love the absurdity of it all.