metatrader custom indicator help

wasp

Legendary member
Can anyone who knows what all that malarkey in the metaeditor is all about, please reply/PM me!

Hi,
Can give some help.
Don't see why you need it PM as somebody else would be interested in.
Ted

Hi,
Can give some help.
Don't see why you need it PM as somebody else would be interested in.
Ted

Either or, I don't really mind, just leaving all options open.

I am getting lazy these days and have a support and resistance custom indicator (kindly designed by a member here I've not seen for a long time on the boards) which I use to save me the hassle of drawing the S/R on myself (plus its easier to cover more markets that way), anyhow, I just need to make a couple of tweaks to it as its not working correctly but anything underneath the title is all foreign to me so if you know your stuff...?

Basically, it should mark on S/R on any combination of dual+ levels as shown in the charts. For some reason though, it misses what I see as blatant levels according to my requirements and I don't know why. I also want to put in a variable, if possible, to be able to make it draw them a couple of pips higher or lower and be able to change this in the settings myself depending.

Attachments

• snr.gif
    snr.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 724
Either or, I don't really mind, just leaving all options open.

I am getting lazy these days and have a support and resistance custom indicator (kindly designed by a member here I've not seen for a long time on the boards) which I use to save me the hassle of drawing the S/R on myself (plus its easier to cover more markets that way), anyhow, I just need to make a couple of tweaks to it as its not working correctly but anything underneath the title is all foreign to me so if you know your stuff...?

Basically, it should mark on S/R on any combination of dual+ levels as shown in the charts. For some reason though, it misses what I see as blatant levels according to my requirements and I don't know why. I also want to put in a variable, if possible, to be able to make it draw them a couple of pips higher or lower and be able to change this in the settings myself depending.

I found the folks at forex-tsd.com very helpful.

There are lots of penniless kids who will programme you anything I imagine for a few pips.

I found the folks at forex-tsd.com very helpful.

There are lots of penniless kids who will programme you anything I imagine for a few pips.

I've had a look around I'll post it over there too and see what comes back. Its annoying as it was all there, now I miss about 3 levels every couple of weeks for some reason, so it should be just the slightest tweak, but it may as well all be in Russian for all the sense it makes to me!

Hi,

Can you send the indicator itself?

Ted

Only if you have email, you can't post Metaquotes language files to the boards as far as I know.

Actually, may be able to zip it or put it in a notepad file. Zipped.

Attachments

• SnR.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 271
HI,

I think have time shift in the chart so can't set exactly the same way you had it.
Can you see some levels missed in my chart ?

If I understand correctly you should have number of SnR indicators (5) configured with different LineIndex from 1 to 5?

Can increase this number but tested and see that index 5 is usually empty.
Ted

Attachments

• gu_h4_23may_20jun_.gif
    gu_h4_23may_20jun_.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 578
its tempremental to say the least and depending on your metatrader server depends also on the lines you get. Cheers for looking though mate.

Hi,

I managed to see clear picture of your issue.
In the original graph that you provided there should not be a R/S level as they are based on fractals. And in the SnR indicator fractal is calculated based on 2 bars before and after the point. I may see that in the interested points you just don't have fractal situation!

Can you make picture of the same period adding Fractal indicator?

Ted

P.S. what dealer you are using in your work? the one mentioned on the chart? or this one is only for analysis?

Hi,

I managed to see clear picture of your issue.
In the original graph that you provided there should not be a R/S level as they are based on fractals. And in the SnR indicator fractal is calculated based on 2 bars before and after the point. I may see that in the interested points you just don't have fractal situation!

Can you make picture of the same period adding Fractal indicator?

Ted

P.S. what dealer you are using in your work? the one mentioned on the chart? or this one is only for analysis?

My dealer and the chart provider for the attached (previously and current) is KVBKunlun in New Zealand. It is a new broker for me but will be one of my main accounts and thus, the S/R indicator must work on these.

Here is a chart with fractal indicator on it as well as the S/R indicator. At first as I read your post I thought maybe the S/R indicator plotted as per each fractal but I see points where there is one but not the other.

I hope the S/R is not based on the fractals but is on the S/R factors as that would be quite the hindrance as well as being quite wrong.

Do yo understand and see what it is I actually want the S/R indicator to do?

Attachments

• fractals.gif
    fractals.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,352
Hi,

basically this indicator claims it is using Fractals in the work
but unles you set to check more than 2 bars(total e.g. -1 & +1)
it is using it's own way of recognising Fractal:
if ( (High[shift] >= High[shift-1]) && (High[shift] >= High[shift+1]) )
return(High[shift]);
that means that it is using HIGH values of the bar to decide not the OPEN that you like to see
if you want are 2 choices: we can change to using the built in iFractals function
or change condition to use OPEN value of the bar
what ever you prefer

Ted
P.S. don't understand why there is no attach in the PM :(
if you want me send modification drop your contact in my PM

Using iFractals is more conservative than the original one. I guess it is looking for fractals in the basic definitions of those i.e. ignoring the small bars and so on. You can see results with switch to using this method.

Ted

Attachments

• gu_h4_6jun_21jun.gif
    gu_h4_6jun_21jun.gif
    7 KB · Views: 397
  • gu_h4_6jun_21jun_ifractals.gif
    gu_h4_6jun_21jun_ifractals.gif
    7 KB · Views: 319
Hi,

basically this indicator claims it is using Fractals in the work
but unles you set to check more than 2 bars(total e.g. -1 & +1)
it is using it's own way of recognising Fractal:
if ( (High[shift] >= High[shift-1]) && (High[shift] >= High[shift+1]) )
return(High[shift]);
that means that it is using HIGH values of the bar to decide not the OPEN that you like to see
if you want are 2 choices: we can change to using the built in iFractals function
or change condition to use OPEN value of the bar
what ever you prefer

Ted
P.S. don't understand why there is no attach in the PM :(
if you want me send modification drop your contact in my PM

Using iFractals is more conservative than the original one. I guess it is looking for fractals in the basic definitions of those i.e. ignoring the small bars and so on. You can see results with switch to using this method.

Ted

Bit busy at the moment but I'll be back soon! Not sure about the PM bit though Ted, not actually sent you one! :eek: :cheesy:

Hi Ted, in light of the recent discovery of quite how these lines are drawn, I'm going to stick with how it is and accept I have to do some things myself and draw my own lines on!!

Cheers for looking at it though.