MetaTrader and Excel

try to upload some screen shots of your work so we can give some input to you, or even better we can learn from you !

Hi guys,

I thought I'd update you on the Excel/MT4 integration work I've been doing recently.

The old version which I developed was quite clunky to be honest. I used two workbooks - one for navigation and the other to display the various dashbards for controlling the various different MT4 indicators and EAs. As an aside, one of the key benefits of using Excel as a parameter controller for MT4 EAs and indicators is the ability to run multiple EAs on the same chart (NOTE: Providing they've been encoded to run with the Excel Control Suite as a library)

Since the original version I've done a lot more development work with VBA and am in the process of re-writing the original code. The new system will use custom user forms and all the parameter passing between Excel and MT4 will be VBA based. The old system used a load of clunky macros which led to compatability issues between different cuts of Excel. The new system is based around one workbook which pops up a menu on load. From the menu a trader can navigate to all the underlying FX Algotrader EAs and indicators which are XL enabled and control the whole lot from the application.

One of the key problems with custom tools is the installation which was pretty tricky on the old system. The new version is massively simplified and strips out a load of steps compared to V1.

In time my goal is to provide an Excel front end for the entire range of EAs and Indicators which I've coded up as standalone modules. Due to the ability to run multiple EAs on the same chart, in time, I intend to produce an entire Control Suite which will provide:-

• Indicator Control for Pivot systems, grids, alert enabled indicators etc
  • A Pivot Scanner Controller
  • An Automated Trendline Trading EA
  • Controller for the Statistical Arbitrage engine
  • Highly configurable candlestick and pattern real-time analysis and alerts
  • Risk Control module
  • Automated economic news release detection and visual notification
  • An the big one.... a custom EA development tool which allows non programmers to build their own custom EAs for backtesting purposes - I think this might go down pretty well.

So all in all a load of work for 2010!

I've attached some screenshots of the work so far which is all based around the Daily Pivots V3 system which uses up to three (Daily) pivot systems on the same chart with custom shifts applied. [The idea behind this is to allow traders to run multiple pivots systems based on a different calculation basis. ie GMT, EST and Asian based pivots - essentially a way for traders to work out which levels will be more magnetic depending on the time of day etc etc]

Attachments

• XL-V3-Int.jpg
    XL-V3-Int.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 842
  • alerts.jpg
    alerts.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 655
  • Line-Lengths.jpg
    Line-Lengths.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 630
  • Pivot-Systems.jpg
    Pivot-Systems.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 636
  • Shift-Controls.jpg
    Shift-Controls.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:
FxDialogue - MetaTrader and Excel

Here are a few screenshots of an application that integrates Meta Trader 4 with Excel.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 1,599
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 8,568
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 1,038
There are other applications which integrate MT4 with Excel and adopting a more holistic approach - ANY idnicator is available in Excel as well as the indicator's historical data.

A few screenshots attached

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 770
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 7,385
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 2,341
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 630
Not too much action here. I have tried the system above and so far it works for me. Have not been able to find anything better in Excel, if you do let me know.

Regards