Legendary member
Here are some of the "best" add-ons:-
Dr Elder ($199)
Steve Nison ($299)
TradeOracle($697)
Trade Oracle + MS 9 EOD ($997)
W.Bressert EOD ($299)
W. Bressert Intra ($449)
If anyone can comment as to their effectiveness etc. please do and/or suggest some others . One can't be expected to buy and try the lot hopefully.
Happy trading

Last edited:
Believe Equis has a 'no questions asked' money back policy, so if the add-ons are available from Equis you could buy and try and return for refund if you don't find them useful.

Do you know this site:
http://trader.online.pl/MSZ/!-MSZ-index-en.html

Trdr

Thanks for the reply. I have just had a look at that site. Yes very interesting and a bit overwhelming when all one wants is one good indicator.
Just for Metastock they list
815 indicators
135 Trading systems
28 expert advisors
73 explorations
phew!!!!
but no valuations or comments unfortunately

Hi PAT494,

Dont waste your money on "Add Ons"
Get to understand MetaStock yourself, infact join the Yahoo Equis group.
You are here to make money, not waste it.

Incidentally, what ever happened to the first 493 PATs?

Am a member of MS Yahoo but it is all a bit over an almost non-programmers head.
As for the other 493, 492 are earmarked for Eton pending my making my first million and the last one slurps his cornflakes so badly I was thinking of some sort of canine corrective school :cheesy:

I have just purchased the Trade Oracle package. My MS 7 was looking a bit tired so I will have MS9 EOD plus TO to play with when it comes. There is a money back guarantee but hopefully I won't need to.
The tutorials looked impressive ( I am only a customer ), so I am giving it a whorl. I will post my impressions in a few weeks.
cheers

Add-ons

Trdr said:
Look forward to your review Pat494.

Finally able to pick up the parcel today, containing Metastock 9 and Trade Oracle. I had to pay US export duty and a further UK duty of £30.74 and Parcel Force fee of £13.50

It will take a while to assess but I will post some result eventually.
:|

Trade Oracle

It is only really an enhanced system tester.
They offer dozens of systems to test on your stock, indices etc, but only the usual ones e,g. moving averages, RSI, stochastics etc.

It is possible to put one's own programs into TO amongst the others for testing.
I e-mailed TO on this point at [email protected] but had all 4 e-mails returned ??
The commentaries from Ms experts are slightly enhanced.
TO may be of help to a beginner to sort some of the wheat from the chaff but in my opinion not worth the price and it's pretty poor public relations not to even answer e-mails. The package took so long to get here I would not have been able to get it back in time (30 days) had I wanted to reject it.
All in all a LEMON

Last edited:
Trade Oracle

After writing the above review of Trade Oracle I was amazed to get a message from a gent in Hawaii - would I like to sell it !!
As I was getting around to disposing of it on eBay I hurriedly said yes. Hi Douglas i hope you are happier with it !!

My next adventure into the world of add-ons was with Walter Bressert's. Quite pleased with it, but it stops after 30 days. 3 e-mails later they still haven't said where I can download the patch that will get it working again !! I can use it by putting the clock back to September but this should not be necessary

Last edited:
At last a web address for the patch has arrived. 24 Oct.
Apparently emails went astray etc.
:eek:

seriously, which of those add-ons give good buy/sell signals?

dont do not say stuff like "different add-ons have different capabilities"
i find that the default metastock formular are a load of bull

Metastock Addons

Hi Pat I do not have this add on myself but shall be purchasing it in the near future,I have read around on various sites and by all accounts it functions very well.The add on is called MACDH divergence it can be purchased and seen at metastocktools.com
Jose the owner of this site is an excellent chap for metastock formulae and can also be found on yahoo equis site and various other sites.

PeterB said:
Hi Pat I do not have this add on myself but shall be purchasing it in the near future,I have read around on various sites and by all accounts it functions very well.The add on is called MACDH divergence it can be purchased and seen at metastocktools.com
Jose the owner of this site is an excellent chap for metastock formulae and can also be found on yahoo equis site and various other sites.

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the above. I hope that you will post your impressions of the MS software when you have had time to have a good look at it. I still use Walter Bresset's add-on. It is far from brilliant but I have not come across anything better yet.

Pat494 said:
Hi Peter,
Thanks for the above. I hope that you will post your impressions of the MS software when you have had time to have a good look at it. I still use Walter Bresset's add-on. It is far from brilliant but I have not come across anything better yet.

Hallo Pat I have just installed Jose's MACD Divergence kit and it intigrates itself perfectly with Metastock so far so good I am playing around with it at the moment but will keep you updated.I originally thought the kit would be a seperate piece of software and after downloading it and installing it searched like mad for it on my desktop ( I have too many icons on my desktop) I printed out the instructions and they said open up Metastock and any chart and goto Templates and add MACD Divergence and lo and behold there it was.I also looked in Exploration and it is there as well.I'll keep you updated in about a week.

Cheers PeterB

PeterB said:
Hallo Pat I have just installed Jose's MACD Divergence kit and it intigrates itself perfectly with Metastock so far so good I am playing around with it at the moment but will keep you updated.I originally thought the kit would be a seperate piece of software and after downloading it and installing it searched like mad for it on my desktop ( I have too many icons on my desktop) I printed out the instructions and they said open up Metastock and any chart and goto Templates and add MACD Divergence and lo and behold there it was.I also looked in Exploration and it is there as well.I'll keep you updated in about a week.

Cheers PeterB

Was it wort the money?

does it works well in oversold / overbougth conditions?

Was it worth it

To answer your question yes it was well worth it.Jose tells you in his advertising the signal does sometimes throw up false buy and sell signals nothing is 100% accurate.I find if you do explorations and then look at what the MACD Divergence kit comes up with on a separate chart overlaid with my templates it works very well.I also ignore all the penny ante stocks as well (my Criteria is the stock must be between $10-$70 and have a daily volume of 500 000 or more)
I also asked Jose what would happen in the event of my hard drive breaking or any other computer disaster he told me he would simply resend the MACD kit,and due to mailing difficulties he did send it to 2 different e-mail addresses for me.

Metastock add ons

Time to throw in my twopence again well Pat I did say I would comment on the MACD Divergence kit once I'd gotten the hang of it.It is as does everything I had wished for searching through several thousand stocks it seems to take its own sweet time but as a swing trader I have time.I am very pleased with what it has shown up,once you have done an exploration it gives you reports these I print out and it shows Major and Minor divergences,short and long so far I have ignored all the minor divergences and simply concentrated on the Major Divergences what I am finding is sometimes it takes upto 2 to 3 days sometimes before the stock takes off or plummets and as I previousley said I ignore all low volume stocks.Once the MACD kit has picked them out I eyball all the stocks it has picked out and place my own stochastic Oscillator and MACD overlays on the chart I am also a very keen user of Guppy's MMA template.So yes it has paid for itself,espaecially today I did and exploration on Sunday 30th and a major divergence came up on BTU so purchased Monday at $46.90 and just look at that baby go.

Last edited: