Meta Trader 5 Screenshots

The public wants what the public gets.....

Bells & Whistles and Christmas Tree Baubles. They look pretty and you'll find a way to convince yourself they're useful, but.....

The public wants what the public gets.....

Bells & Whistles and Christmas Tree Baubles. They look pretty and you'll find a way to convince yourself they're useful, but.....

Metaquotes said the platform will be compatible with other securities such as equities and futures, which could be an added factor for DOM. Makes business sense for them to expand the possible range of markets the platform can be used in.

Metaquotes said the platform will be compatible with other securities such as equities and futures, which could be an added factor for DOM. Makes business sense for them to expand the possible range of markets the platform can be used in.
Totally agree and totally understand.

But that doesn't make DOM useful for FX.

Given the relative sizes of the various instrument markets, I'm wondering why they would want to court that particular segment - it's already well catered for by more serious packages and products.

MetaTrader is an entry-level package (and a good one) for the very-small to small retail FX traders. Little else. I'll be surprised (pleased too) if they can make any serious inroads into the other markets charting and execution facilities base.

Hi guys, so what's the story with backwards compatability? Will MT4 indicators and EA's run on MT5?

Pretty important for a lot of MT4 system developers like me!

Last edited by a moderator:
No.It is a totally new platform which maycome with loads of unfixed bugs

Try pro-trader

ProTrader IDE: PTL builder

Thanks for the heads-up downloading it now.
Where did this come from? Brilliant Idea I think, I hope it works as well as advertised.

UpDate: Shame it uses .NET (aka dot.rubbish) pro-trader has a really good idea here however like all .NET software incredibly slow, bloated, incredibly resource heavy, the usual MS failure, what happened to C++? I have not seen any .NET App work correctly.

This is too bad as I think I could really use this platform.

Last edited: